Other Than Winning the Premiership

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:2004 arrogance

unfashionable footy

hell we created the idea of unfashionable, asshole, rough footy

we saw with the hawks, cats and eagles it won flags...

players were both hard at the ball and the man...and it one them flags

we did it before all of them except we have no flag to show for it
You couldn't have said it any better.

Are we capable of playing this tough and hard?:

(If not, we can't win the premiership. We must remember how to physically intimidate - it's what busted Geelong open.)

But since this isn't about that flags :? I guess I'd like to see us do the following:
- Win four of our first five (only Adelaide away we won't be favourites) heading into the Dogs match in R6.
- Win the back-to-back blockbusters against Collingwood and Essendon in "Mega May".
- Beat Geelong in R14, push Hawthorn in R19 (though it's at the Tassie Graveyard)

Our draw for supporters is a shocker, but for the team, it's a cracker. We can blast away to a great start and never should we lose more than two in a row - our draw is too kind.

But that's up to us, and if we want it enough, and if we're prepared to improve enough.
of course i couldnt have said it any better

the sooner we get back to becoming pricks the better

not king hittig bbbb style

i want to see the boys right from the opening bell target players for pushing and shoving, the way we used to have hammer, g, roo and a 4th forward do it for a few years

yes hammer and g have gone however roo, kosi, yapper and even jimmy gwilt could start something

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.