Saints fixture - ical file for outlook import (link within)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

benengel14
Club Player

Saints fixture - ical file for outlook import (link within)

For those who can't be separated from their PDA/Blackberry/iPhone/Calendar I was googling and came across a very useful website (referenced in a link on bigfooty.- just scroll down a few posts)

Here's the website:
http://www.thismonkey.com/afl/2009/aflf ... 2009.shtml

Lets you build a calendar for the 2009 fixture for any club, and converts the local times into AEST (or any other wacky time zone you may want).

Makes it so much easier to schedule things when you've got access to the fixture on your phone. Hopefully someone else here finds this useful.

luke.l_26
SS Hall of Fame

that was really cool.
Synced our fixture onto my iPhone so now I don't have to add them in.

nice find. Thanks benengel14

MWL - Blinding footy players on the field since 2003
benengel14
Club Player

Luke: Glad you found it useful. As it happens I'm looking to get an iPhone after fighting the urge for a while. Maybe you can answer a couple of questions I have.

* How much data do you use a month?

* What apps do you think are pretty useful on it that would be worth downloading (free or paid)?

* Do you use a case; if so which one?

Darren
Club Player

I have an iPod Touch and tried to sync the calendar on it but it would only do our Round 1 match instead of 22. Help? :oops:
Last edited by Darren on Wed 21 Jan 2009 4:35pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Darren wrote:I have an iPod Touch and tried to sync the calculator on it but it would only do our Round 1 match instead of 22. Help? :oops:
You're not touching it the right way

zebraman
Club Player

very good news...there haven't been that many AFL ical items in the past...plenty of Gridiron ...

I have an iphone with Optus...have a 500mb download per month...I haven't used anywhere near that amount..most probably because I have mobile internet on my laptop...

There are so many apps it's hard to select one or 2 that stand out...one really cool app is Shazam...if you hear a song on the radio or at someones house and you don't know what the song is...just press the button on Shazam and in most cases it will then display the song title, the artist and the album it came off as well as giving you a link to Youtube if there happens to be a video...I know this American girl who wouldn't believe it could do that...she went and put on some rap garbage and my iphone then told her what the song was...in typical American fashion it was "oh my God" ...loudly!

I just have a rubber cover on the phone...you can get plastic and leather covers but I find them a bit bulky

benengel14
Club Player

Just sync-ing it for the first time.
Got a Belkin Silicone Sleeve as I agree with Zebraman, want to add as little bulk as possible.
I was suprised how little packaging the iPhone comes with. Did you guys end up buying a second cable for charging or do you just swap the cable from wall/PC when need be?

Darren
Club Player

Moccha wrote:
Darren wrote:I have an iPod Touch and tried to sync the calculator on it but it would only do our Round 1 match instead of 22. Help? :oops:
You're not touching it the right way
Whoops, my mistake :lol:

luke.l_26
SS Hall of Fame

benengel14 wrote:Just sync-ing it for the first time.
Got a Belkin Silicone Sleeve as I agree with Zebraman, want to add as little bulk as possible.
I was suprised how little packaging the iPhone comes with. Did you guys end up buying a second cable for charging or do you just swap the cable from wall/PC when need be?
Just swap it around.
I also happen to have an iPod so I have spares all over the place.
I'm on a plan with optus and I get 200MB a month.. probably don't use half of it. downlaoading is minimal so I really have no need for it.
Im using a Leather case.
I find it doesn't add too much bulk to it and very happy.
In terms of apps. I love Tap Tap Revenge.
It's like guitar hero.. but not... if you know what I mean.

MWL - Blinding footy players on the field since 2003
Darren
Club Player

Tap Tap Revenge is the one of the best applications out on the Touch/iPhone. :D

benengel14
Club Player

TapDefense - do not underestimate how easily 2 hours will be lost once you start this game.

nebulousdog

awesome find, thanks!

try Ishoot Lite (the free version) or buy Ishoot - almost as good a time waster as Tap Defence! :D

Proud Sponsor of Gilbo and Geary 2008
Proud Sponsor of Raph, Steven, Heyne and Tungatalum 2009