Intra Club Game..6 Feb? !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

from saintscentral:

Hi Tom,

You are correct - our intra-club match will occur on Friday February 6 at a time that is yet to be confirmed. It will be the last such event to be held at Moorabbin and therefore we expect a solid turnout to mark the occasion and reminisce on old memories and our favourite moments on the terraces.

As you have probably noticed by now, the demolition work commenced early this week and should be completed by the time of the game. If you have been to our intra-club games before you will know they are great occasions. It’s the first time we get to see competitive footy in a new year and if you’re anything like me, I can’t wait! As usual we will be doing the sausage sizzle with drinks, merchandise sales, membership drive, holding a press conference and players will be also available for autographs and photos afterwards. We have a few little surprises planned but you will just have to wait and see I’m trying to get Blighty to coach the Magoos but he hasn’t called me back yet!

I’m really looking forward to the day and hope to see a massive turnout to farewell old Moorabbin on February 6.

Go Saints!
Archie

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Leaving Nunawading Station at 3.30pm on 6 Feb en route to the inta-club game with Lukel_26 as my chauffer. Travelling along Springvale Rd, Burwood Hwy, Warrigul Rd, South Rd & Linton St. We should get there between 4.00pm & 4.15pm so they can start the intra-club game any time after that !!

Those travelling in the same vicinity at the same time would be best advised to try to keep up :lol: :roll: :wink: !!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Leaving Nunawading Station at 3.30pm on 6 Feb en route to the inta-club game with Lukel_26 as my chauffer. Travelling along Springvale Rd, Burwood Hwy, Warrigul Rd, South Rd & Linton St. We should get there between 4.00pm & 4.15pm so they can start the intra-club game any time after that !!

Those travelling in the same vicinity at the same time would be best advised to try to keep up :lol: :roll: :wink: !!

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:you got the date right Eastern

ARchie is online
9 am thurs

and a few other messages for you :lol:
Thanks Bratty !!

luke.l_26
SS Hall of Fame

Eastern wrote:Leaving Nunawading Station at 3.30pm on 6 Feb en route to the inta-club game with Lukel_26 as my chauffer. Travelling along Springvale Rd, Burwood Hwy, Warrigul Rd, South Rd & Linton St. We should get there between 4.00pm & 4.15pm so they can start the intra-club game any time after that !!

Or get out of my way!

MWL - Blinding footy players on the field since 2003
casey scorp
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
from saintscentral:

Hi Tom,

You are correct - our intra-club match will occur on Friday February 6 at a time that is yet to be confirmed. It will be the last such event to be held at Moorabbin and therefore we expect a solid turnout to mark the occasion and reminisce on old memories and our favourite moments on the terraces.......

Archie
Archie says that this will be the last such event at Moorabbin.

Not sure where next year's pre-season match will be.

Presumably the players will still be training at Moorabbin at this time next year, so it's surprising that the 2010 intra-club won't be held there (Moorabbin will still have a fantastic surface at that time, and it would be far better than TBO).

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

I can't wait for that day, it will be my fathers 77th Birthday on that day and my brother Saintbart, myself and one other brother plan on taking our dad to the game.

My mother passed away on Tuesday the 13th (last tuesday) and both my mum and dad had been members of the Saints for many many years and watched so many games at that ground.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Sorry to hear that about your mum, Fid. Please accept my sincere condolences.

Perhaps you should look a few of us up at the game. I'm sure one of us will be able to prize our wallet open far enough to buy your dad a "pony" !!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

condolances Fid and famiily
and saintbart

. thoughts with you all.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

condalences St Fid and to your family.

....on the Moorabbin surface, it was very dry last Thursday when I checked out the demolition....they need some water tankers in there, or hope that the rain this coming Saturday eventuates!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Thank you to you all for your kind words..

Please just PM me and or Saintbart about this (if you wish) and lets just keep the thread on topic...

Again thank you

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saintly
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:from saintscentral:

Hi Tom,

You are correct - our intra-club match will occur on Friday February 6 at a time that is yet to be confirmed. It will be the last such event to be held at Moorabbin and therefore we expect a solid turnout to mark the occasion and reminisce on old memories and our favourite moments on the terraces.

As you have probably noticed by now, the demolition work commenced early this week and should be completed by the time of the game. If you have been to our intra-club games before you will know they are great occasions. It’s the first time we get to see competitive footy in a new year and if you’re anything like me, I can’t wait! As usual we will be doing the sausage sizzle with drinks, merchandise sales, membership drive, holding a press conference and players will be also available for autographs and photos afterwards. We have a few little surprises planned but you will just have to wait and see I’m trying to get Blighty to coach the Magoos but he hasn’t called me back yet!

I’m really looking forward to the day and hope to see a massive turnout to farewell old Moorabbin on February 6.

Go Saints!
Archie
I assume Archie was joking about Blight coaching the Magoos?