Three Forums or Two Forums???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Agree with you Fid.., the "campaign" to lose that Forum is pretty much a one-man band.

Its staying..as wanted by the vast majority of people who've cared enough to contribute to this thread.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
HarveysDeciple

can't believe people actually concern themselves with this.

There is an opposition forum....big deal, get over it. It makes sense, everyone has one.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Agree with you Fid.., the "campaign" to lose that Forum is pretty much a one-man band.

Its staying..as wanted by the vast majority of people who've cared enough to contribute to this thread.
That's bullshyte Mike and you know it.

Have a look several months ago at the thread(s) on the Opp forum, it's just that those people haven't spoken up now.

Good on you and the others - I doubt I'll raise it again.

I would just like to finally say I agree with Armoo's sentiments, I think he has picked up exactly what I was getting at.

If the Opp forum takes off, and we get good debate on it through the season, then fair enough, all is sweet, and we are all happy.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
HarveysDeciple

saintspremiers wrote:
saint66au wrote:Agree with you Fid.., the "campaign" to lose that Forum is pretty much a one-man band.

Have a look several months ago at the thread(s) on the Opp forum, it's just that those people haven't spoken up now.

I would just like to finally say I agree with Armoo's sentiments, I think he has picked up exactly what I was getting at.

If the Opp forum takes off, and we get good debate on it through the season, then fair enough, all is sweet, and we are all happy.
I just can't for the life of me fathom why it bothers you so much....have been harping about it for ages.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:

I think you miss the point in all of this Darren...

Why do we as a forum need to see it "take off"???

It is there to voice an opinion on other AFL Clubs and that's that.

I would hate to see just the two forums on our site, but yes that is just my opinion.

If you don't want to visit or have no contribution in that forum, just why does it bother you??

I would guarantee, it would bother posters in the General Forum if general football was discussed on there...

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Right now the only possible reason for having the opp forum is if someone wants to dump a thread there that no one cares about. The opp forum never has and never will actually be used to discuss other teams, but if the mods feel it needs to be there to stop the main forum from clogging then I'm ok with it.

I'd prefer that it wasn't there, but often there is very little point in discussing another team on a site filled with St Kilda supporters anyway.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:Right now the only possible reason for having the opp forum is if someone wants to dump a thread there that no one cares about. The opp forum never has and never will actually be used to discuss other teams, but if the mods feel it needs to be there to stop the main forum from clogging then I'm ok with it.

I'd prefer that it wasn't there, but often there is very little point in discussing another team on a site filled with St Kilda supporters anyway.
Actually, I see quite a bit of discussion in the Opp forum about things that are unrelated to St Kilda. I've never thought of it as an 'unclogging' mechanism, more just a more uniform and user-friendly way to set things out.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
GrumpyOne

Opposition Forum; where threads go to die.

Saints94
SS Life Member

I rekon we should just keep the threads we have :idea: :wink:

GrumpyOne

homework wrote:I rekon we should just keep the threads we have :idea: :wink:
Yeah.... lets not have any new ones, just keep the existing threads going in perpetuality.

The JLH thread in the General Forum is one that can keep going for ever; we have now morphed into posting topless pix of female Tennis Players. :wink: