GT to replace Archer on Footy Classified

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

markp
Saintsational Legend

Always said he was the thinking man's sam newman... how long till the first manufactured controversy I wonder.

The show is a shocker, and they are desperate.... it's essentially gonna be caro and gt's ego in a cage fight every week, with lyon as the ref.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
no conspiracy theories, Big C. I just wonder why his opinion would be valued now above other media people?
He's played at the highest level, been a selector at the highest level, a board member at the highest level, a member of the football dept. at the highest level, and coached at the highest level.

All of the above across 3 different clubs.

Love or hate GT, or somewhere in between, the concept that he's just a buffoon when it comes to footy is a strange one.

On his career alone, he's far, far more credentialed and qualified to talk about footy then most of the footy media.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
no conspiracy theories, Big C. I just wonder why his opinion would be valued now above other media people?
He's played at the highest level, been a selector at the highest level, a board member at the highest level, a member of the football dept. at the highest level, and coached at the highest level.

All of the above across 3 different clubs.

Love or hate GT, or somewhere in between, the concept that he's just a buffoon when it comes to footy is a strange one.

On his career alone, he's far, far more credentialed and qualified to talk about footy then most of the footy media.
Didn't he also play state football? (I am assuming when you say "at the highest level" you meant VFL/AFL)

I think he is certainly more qualified to speak on football matters that anyone else on that panel, probably including Gary Lyon.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Saints43
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Didn't he also play state football? (I am assuming when you say "at the highest level" you meant VFL/AFL)
Yep. CHB for Victoria.

As posted above is vastly experienced in football. But there are heaps of people who think he only coached country footy and knew a bloke with a three day growth.

I doubt that they will have to manufacture controversy once he gets on the show, though. He seems to be the type that could start an argument in an empty room...

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Shame. I thought Archer had the best insights on that panel.

Not interested in GT's opinion. The guy is a total schmuck on SEN.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
I doubt that they will have to manufacture controversy once he gets on the show, though. He seems to be the type that could start an argument in an empty room...
The one thing that I'd expect from GT, is that he'll continue to say what he thinks. Not sugar coat things, not tow the popular line, not be afraid to voice an opinion even if it will ruffle feathers, and not be afraid to 'shoot Bambi'.

Some floggers out there make 'big statements' just to grab a headline - Damian Barrett and David Schwartz spring to mind. Others simply make headlines by saying what they believe to be true, when other's wouldn't say it.

GT I believe, fits the latter category.

If he does, it will make for great viewing.

LennyBoy
Club Player

Trev may be looking for a job. :wink:

Poochy 1 2 3 4 and 5 should be reinstated!