Merry Xmas - List Management comes to the Saints!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I would have thought the last 3 years has had more short term fixes than the previous 5 years by a long way. .
Not sure why you say that...sure there has beena lot in the last 3 years....but there were a lot in the previous 5 as well.

Rix
Knoble
Ackland
Guerra
Gram
Watts
Brooks
Fiora
McGough
Callaghan
Gale
Capuano
Voss
GTrain
Lawrence
Penny
Hamill
Black

Not sure you can have Hamill, G, Black, Penny,Voss, Gram and some of the others on the short term fix list. i was talking about King, MG, Clarke, Birss, Gardiner and some others as players that are short term fixes or very doubtful to make it types ala McGough, Capuano, Callaghan and Knoble
plugger66, you are experiencing a problem with translation here.

Let me translate some sRrspeak for you

"Short-term fix" = any recruitment decision under GT which didn't work out well. Does not apply to poor/questionable recruitment decisions made after GT was sacked (eg, Howard, Birss, M Clarke, M Gardiner, C Gardiner, etc, etc.), which come under the category of "improved list management strategy".

"Topping up" = see "Short-term fix"

"Poor list management" = see "Short-term fix"

"Wasted draft pick" = see "Short-term fix"

"Living in the present rather than building for the future" = see "Short-term fix"

"Poor use of the rookie list" = see "Short-term fix"

And etc.

:wink:
You still living in the past??? Luckilly GT will be on TV now...so you can get a weekly fix.

As to my reply to Plugger...he said by a long way........I think my reply indicated that by a long way was not actually the case as both eras have included a truckload of players from other clubs supposedly ready to play......short term fix players included as well as some with long term potential....though all having in common that the reason for their selection was to get a instant fix to a problem..

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Well he obviously believes in his "special" Santa... who unfortunately failed to fill MB's stocking with a premiership cup in 5 years. :lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.