The Supporter Function

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Re: Great work

Batnoe wrote:
8bloggs wrote:Thanks for the update Batnoe, great to hear the opinions of the guys.
Can you tell what is what about Kossie that influenced your opinion?
Cheers.

Nothing in particular, i tried to stay away from the more popular ones except to get a photo with them as everyone wanted a chat with them. I wanted 2 photos with Kosi and Roo... he took one and took off, i asked him back for the other one and he just rolled his eyes all while Roo was still there- the only reason i wanted 2 was with me and my gf and me and a mate, not too hard to ask, it was 30 secs of his time....
MAybe he was very upset because we didn't recruit Ben? :shock:

Sorry.. couldn't help it. :lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Great effort Batnoe..much appreciated.

However on Kosi...some people are naturally introverts who are not comfortable at, or enjoy, such oublic functions. Kosi may just one such
type.

Others are just natural extroverts...ie Milney.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Batnoe

saintsRrising wrote:Great effort Batnoe..much appreciated.

However on Kosi...some people are naturally introverts who are not comfortable at, or enjoy, such oublic functions. Kosi may just one such
type.

Colm Begley had the best personality by far, he is very out there and very funny

S.A Saint
Club Player

Thanks for the report was a very good read...

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Hi Batnoe nice to meet you, I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to speak to you further but these functions are quite frantic for us. Great job on the report, you have done way better than I every could.

I have had a couple of Kozi fans contact me worried that something is up with Koz. So I would just like to add my experiences.

Personally I have met Koz quite a few times in recent years and what I have noticed about Koz is, he is not a big smiler and he has a very dry sense of humour, personally I think he is hilarious, but what I have noticed is people think he is serious. I know he has made comments to people about not playing for St Kilda much longer etc etc. This is how he deflects negative comments and it works well, but he is joking. I have always found him to be very friendly and only to happy to oblige with photos, autographs and a chat, also he is great with the kids. One of his favourite tricks is to ask them for their autograph, they love it. yesterday when a group of my friends had our photo taken with him, Joey told him off for not smiling, he was happy to keep having photos taken uptill Joey thought the photo was good enough.

All the players I spoke to yesterday I found to be very friendly and obliging, but the surprise package for me was Ross Lyon. This was the first time I had a lengthy talk with him and he is so different to the image I had of him in my mind. Maybe it was because it was off season, I don't know but he was very relaxed, chattey and funny. I was also impressed because he had done his homework and knew the history of the supporter group up here. I was staggered he knew who I was.

Was also impressed with Greg Hutchinson and Peter Maddern, great blokes.

I really urge people to get along to functions when they can and get to know these people. I really feel our club is in great hands all around.

A very proud Sainter here. Will post tomorrow about training, but I must get some shut eye for now.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Batnoe wrote:

type.

Colm Begley had the best personality by far, he is very out there and very funny
Wasn't he ever, you would think he was at St Kilda for years.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Batnoe

Saint Bev wrote:
Batnoe wrote:

type.

Wasn't he ever, you would think he was at St Kilda for years.

As what you said saying Kosi wanted their autograph it was funny when a lady said can i have a picture of you (to Colm Begley) and he said 'no, i want a picture of you, i want to print it out and put it on my wall'

He was also talking to us about how good of a surfer he was and when he had a chat in front of everyone, he said he couldnt swim so i guess it was all for show

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

thanks for reports--

email those pics Bev and I can out a couple upm if you wish.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Saints94
SS Life Member

Thanks for the report Batnoe :wink:

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:Hi Batnoe nice to meet you, I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to speak to you further but these functions are quite frantic for us. Great job on the report, you have done way better than I every could.

I have had a couple of Kozi fans contact me worried that something is up with Koz. So I would just like to add my experiences.

Personally I have met Koz quite a few times in recent years and what I have noticed about Koz is, he is not a big smiler and he has a very dry sense of humour, personally I think he is hilarious, but what I have noticed is people think he is serious. I know he has made comments to people about not playing for St Kilda much longer etc etc. This is how he deflects negative comments and it works well, but he is joking. I have always found him to be very friendly and only to happy to oblige with photos, autographs and a chat, also he is great with the kids. One of his favourite tricks is to ask them for their autograph, they love it. yesterday when a group of my friends had our photo taken with him, Joey told him off for not smiling, he was happy to keep having photos taken uptill Joey thought the photo was good enough.

All the players I spoke to yesterday I found to be very friendly and obliging, but the surprise package for me was Ross Lyon. This was the first time I had a lengthy talk with him and he is so different to the image I had of him in my mind. Maybe it was because it was off season, I don't know but he was very relaxed, chattey and funny. I was also impressed because he had done his homework and knew the history of the supporter group up here. I was staggered he knew who I was.

Was also impressed with Greg Hutchinson and Peter Maddern, great blokes.

I really urge people to get along to functions when they can and get to know these people. I really feel our club is in great hands all around.

A very proud Sainter here. Will post tomorrow about training, but I must get some shut eye for now.
bev thanks for the report, same batnoe

great to hear some honest views from the players, during the season you always hear the same lines trotted out but this did not seem to be the case.

Bev you guys up there do an awesome job, can't forget our lovely afternoon at southbank after a saints victory. Keep up the good work and hopefully you might see us up there next year.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for the updates, sounds like you all had a great time...

Batnoe

I was talking to Gram and Jones for a bit while they were together and i asked Gram if he is going to die his hair again for the pre season cup, he said the colour he has now is his colour forever, i asked Clinton the same question and he said that he and Grammy are happy with they way they look. He said there was a mini game, where there was 5 on 5 and the losing team had to put their names into a hat

The team that lost were Gram, Jones, Roo, Eljay and Heyne- i dont know what game they played cause on paper that team looks like it could do ok. They deliberatly put three players that didndt want to shave their head on the same team so the chances that if they lost that one of them would have to do it....

They were happy that the name Eljay was pulled out, Eljay thinks it was rigged by the other 3 that didnt want their head shaved and Heyne said he would be happy to shave it.

It was either shave your head or pay a fee based on your salary... Eljay had to pay $250 so he shaved his head hahahaha

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:I was talking to Gram and Jones for a bit while they were together and i asked Gram if he is going to die his hair again for the pre season cup, he said the colour he has now is his colour forever, i asked Clinton the same question and he said that he and Grammy are happy with they way they look. He said there was a mini game, where there was 5 on 5 and the losing team had to put their names into a hat

The team that lost were Gram, Jones, Roo, Eljay and Heyne- i dont know what game they played cause on paper that team looks like it could do ok. They deliberatly put three players that didndt want to shave their head on the same team so the chances that if they lost that one of them would have to do it....

They were happy that the name Eljay was pulled out, Eljay thinks it was rigged by the other 3 that didnt want their head shaved and Heyne said he would be happy to shave it.

It was either shave your head or pay a fee based on your salary... Eljay had to pay $250 so he shaved his head hahahaha
Any pics of Eljay with the shave?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

one of bev's pics has himwith a hat on- which would lend itself to showing he hasn't got the curls anymore.- there may be two of them .

next to Armo with the white hat and heaps of sunscreen

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:one of bev's pics has himwith a hat on- which would lend itself to showing he hasn't got the curls anymore.- there may be two of them .
I didn't really look much at those sexist photo's as I thought they were just for the girls - and blokes on this forum would never post such pics. (cough JLH cough)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Iceman234 on Sat 20 Dec 2008 8:39pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

well just to show that there is more to the photos than you saw iceman234
he is next to Sam G

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Gold brat, thanks I see him now...

:lol:

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Batnoe, any idea of how many Saints supporters were there?
There was a very good turn out for the Roos game in '08, so how were the numbers? Still think the Gold Coast is a good market to corner
thanks

Seeya
Batnoe

sunsaint wrote:Batnoe, any idea of how many Saints supporters were there?
There was a very good turn out for the Roos game in '08, so how were the numbers? Still think the Gold Coast is a good market to corner
thanks
not quite the 200 like they had planned maybe 100... a touch over, so 3 supporters per player, i do have a picture of Eljay looking his best but need to learn to post pictures