Burgatron's Phantom Draft

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintDal
Club Player

Kevin Sheehans top 30 players

http://www-static.sportingpulse.com/pic ... leFILE.pdf

Interesting to see Hurley models himself on Goose.

undecided
Club Player

intresting

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:Yarran, Swift or Sidebottom please!

Gaertner has improved considerably this season footy skill wise (I'm not sure if he took up footy late & he's still learning the caper). Last year he was a great athlete who struggled to get to the right spots & then do something with it when he got it.

He really is an interesting one as he can play on a wing, CHB, in the ruck or even as a 3rd option. His marking has improved but he isn't a huge pack mark (not that there's too many packs these days anyway). He could be an athletic match up for Buddy but whether he'd get done in in footy smarts is the query).

Definitely worth a 3rd-4th rounder IMO.
Gaertner is training with us for the rookie spot. it appears that collingwood is also interested in him.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Interesting that our 2 third rounders proposed by Burgatron managed to slip to the rookie draft... would still love Pearce over those two though...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Interesting to note that we got "two" of Kevin Sheahans top 30 despite our second pick being at 40+

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
saintly
Saintsational Legend

Selhurst Saint wrote:Interesting to note that we got "two" of Kevin Sheahans top 30 despite our second pick being at 40+
yes that why i kept the thread. to see what would happen with the saints picks.

it does make me feel good about who the saints picked up this year. unlike Howard that got picked up and most people said, who?