Why can't we do this?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Why can't we do this?

OK, here's the deal...

It's obvious from this forum that the Board is clueless, and that it buckled to pressure from our sponsors.

Obviously, BC will win a us a flag and we should get him at all costs.

So, let's get a signed petition from ALL supporters who want BC at the club, and let's make it known that we will not be treated with contempt.

Then, let the club recruit him.

Next... we work out how much in $$$ terms our sponsorship is worth and didvide it by the number of people on the petition.

Then... everyone who signs has to pledge their share of $$$ to the club.

Then we p1ss the sponsors of and recruit BC.

Bottom line: We win the flag and the club has enough money to keep going.

Wow, is that a great idea or what?

Thank you for indulgin me and my smart@rse attitude. Have a great day :lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Our great white hope retired after 383 games and 20 seasons. I don't understand why everyone thinks Cousins is the 'be all' and 'end all' ???

Quite clearly the St Kilda Football club would have had a difficult time throwing time, resources and money into something that has produced a negative result. I'm glad they were thorough about it.

By the way, I'm also disappointed at the decision.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Ice Wolf
Club Player

Re: Why can't we do this?

WayneJudson42 wrote:OK, here's the deal...

It's obvious from this forum that the Board is clueless, and that it buckled to pressure from our sponsors.

Obviously, BC will win a us a flag and we should get him at all costs.

So, let's get a signed petition from ALL supporters who want BC at the club, and let's make it known that we will not be treated with contempt.

Then, let the club recruit him.

Next... we work out how much in $$$ terms our sponsorship is worth and didvide it by the number of people on the petition.

Then... everyone who signs has to pledge their share of $$$ to the club.

Then we p1ss the sponsors of and recruit BC.

Bottom line: We win the flag and the club has enough money to keep going.

Wow, is that a great idea or what?

Thank you for indulgin me and my smart@rse attitude. Have a great day :lol:
Well, it's not the dumbest thing I've heard on this board since the decision, but that's not saying much.

Saints43
Club Player

This is one of the things that really sh*ts me on this forum:

Create a post claiming to be the lone voice of reason against the most extreme view possible from your own to validate your own opinion. Add rolly-eyes.

There's a quote facility in the threads if you feel the need to refute others opinions.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:This is one of the things that really sh*ts me on this forum:

Create a post claiming to be the lone voice of reason against the most extreme view possible from your own to validate your own opinion. Add rolly-eyes.

There's a quote facility in the threads if you feel the need to refute others opinions.
spot on

saint4life
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

chook23 wrote:
Saints43 wrote:This is one of the things that really sh*ts me on this forum:

spot on
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Lighten up people. :lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

regardless of what side of the fence you are on can someone please tell me why we came out mouthing off in the media before a decision has been reached?

whether you are pro or anti BC - everyone has to admit is has been highly unprofessional.

i dont know why we could not keep our gobs shut until we had him ?

all we did was create expectations amongst the fans and the man himself and the let them down. whatever your opinion on BC - the club are a bunch of toss-bags.

and this "due diligence" crap. PLEASE spare me. you can do this in private.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:regardless of what side of the fence you are on can someone please tell me why we came out mouthing off in the media before a decision has been reached?

whether you are pro or anti BC - everyone has to admit is has been highly unprofessional.

all we did was create expectations amongst the fans and the man himself and the let them down. whatever your opinion on BC - the club are a bunch of toss-bags.

I am not defending the board, but here's how I see it CG...

1- it would be almost impossible to keep it low key given that the media were watching and reporting on every move BC made and everytime he farted.

2- I do not recall the club making a commitment other than acknowledging that they were interested... provided he was cleared to play and that they were 100% satisfied about his behaviour.

3- Given #1, what can you expect our players to say if asked by the media if they'd want BC as a team mate? Of course they'd say yes, and I have no doubt that the boad would have also had it been as clear cut as many think.

4- BC is a special case hence the requirement to research the matter thoroughly.

5- Supporters on this forum raised their own expectations and were arrogant enough to believe that he was a done deal. Hence the huge letdown after last night.

6- 5 months of due dilligence is not unprofessional. What would be unprofessional would be to make a hasty decision and jeapordise the clubs long term future. We weren't exactly Robinson Carusoe in our decision.

Cheers. :wink:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:regardless of what side of the fence you are on can someone please tell me why we came out mouthing off in the media before a decision has been reached?

That's just the thing, I think we "had him" and something must have given at the very last minute. I do agree that the Saints did everything to encourage the hype, and nothing to discourage it...