Phantom Drafts ... how far off the mark are we ?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Phantom Drafts ... how far off the mark are we ?

just reading through a few phantom drafts for this year on both here and big footy it got me thinking how often do the phantom drafts come true ? with the exception of the top three most drafts never mirror a phantom draft ... how many pantom drafts had us picking up McEvoy last year ?? how many have us calling out Armo's name the year befor ? can anyone remember when the Saints have called out the name a phantom Draft had us calling ?? maybe Roo as he was clearly going to go #1 but then again alot had us picking Kosi at #1 ....

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Burgan's 2006 and 2007 drafts

9 – ST KILDA – BEN McEVOY

9 - ST KILDA - MITCHELL THORP

armo was pick 18

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

None of my first pick wishlist players are ever picked by us so you can rule out Yarran, Johnston, Swift and Trengove.
Last edited by SaintBot on Mon 24 Nov 2008 7:39pm, edited 1 time in total.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I've read some absolute shockers in my time, one I read a couple of years ago, can't remember what paper, actually had Armitage and Boak both going in the third round :shock: :shock:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!