Mount Etna ready to erupt......

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Mount Etna ready to erupt......

BEN Cousins' manager says the former West Coast skipper is under near "volcanic" stress ahead of next Tuesday's AFL Commission meeting. The commission will determine the playing fate of the recovering drug addict at their meeting in Sydney.

Cousins was suspended for 12 months last November for bringing the game into disrepute.
tell him to take a chill pill ... metaphorically speaking, of course.

from what i can see our club is doing everything in its power to get him back playing afl football.

SAINT JUMP
Club Player

dont be surprised, if he deciced not to go on playing.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

IMO the club has been very impressive in its dealing and considerations with Ben... Whilst nothing is concrete yet, they seem to have dotted and crossed all the i's and t's and have Ben's best interest inline with the clubs..

As for the article, sounds more like hot air than a volcano to me...

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Just out of interest, what do you think he would be worth as a "sponsored" player through the club???

And it's a serious question, not a "Iceman234 hanging sh1t on BC" question.

markp
Saintsational Legend

The only exploding he'll be doing is through the packs against the Swans in round 1.

Batnoe

markp wrote:The only exploding he'll be doing is through the packs against the Swans in round 1.
and for the other 23 rounds, assuming we win in semi's

GrumpyOne

Its just Tricky Ricky keeping the pressure on the AFL. :wink:

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:Its just Tricky Ricky keeping the pressure on the AFL. :wink:
And nicely keeping BC out of the spotlight that he mentions in his quotes.

Not.

:roll:

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:The only exploding he'll be doing is through the packs against the Swans in round 1.
"Gardiner wins the tap, but nobody seems to be able to get it out...and it looks as though the umpire will ball - HOLD ON - Ball manages to keep it alive, he dishes out to Cousins and the new Saint is away, he goes over O'Keefe to Dal Santo, he hands it back to Cousins who runs to 50 and let's fly on the right boot, looooook at this...*indecipherable due to crowd noise*"
Last edited by evertonfc on Tue 11 Nov 2008 5:24pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

markp
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
"Gardiner wins the tap, but nobody seems to be able to get it out...and it looks as though the umpire will ball - HOLD ON - Ball manages to keep it alive, he dishes out to Cousins and the new Saint is away, he goes over O'Keefe to Dal Santo, he hands it back to Cousins who runs to 50 and let's fly on the right boot, looooook at this...*indecipherable due to crowd noise*"
Works for me.... :wink:

Or lace-out onto the chest of Roo/Kosi/Milne..... it's gonna happen, and it's gonna be great.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

There seems there is going to be some VERY upset people here if BC goes to Brisbane (who have flagged their interest), or any other team. I hope we get him off course, but there is a big case of counting your chickens going on on this board.

Why have many of you, for a long time now, presumed he is dead set sure to be at the saints? I think its 50/50, at best.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Has anyone considered that he may only want clearance to clear his name... and never even play? I don't recall that he actually has stated his intentions to play. (Unless he did so on GF day on TV)

I also suspect that Dimwit would like BC to go away forever.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote: I also suspect that Dimwit would like BC to go away forever.
your joking right ?? the AFL will be all over this its a huge story that can prove to be the biggest money spinner ever .. imagine the hype of Bens first game ?? the whole country will be watching it it will rate through the roof !! then the first game against the eagles .. again huge TV audiance huge publicity country wide ... and if he comes back as good as ever what better advertisment that the game can turn lives around ?? its a PR's wet dream the kinda spin the AFL can use from Benny and heck if he comes to us and we get some of the benifit then yay to us !!!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
degruch
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote: I also suspect that Dimwit would like BC to go away forever.
your joking right ?? the AFL will be all over this its a huge story that can prove to be the biggest money spinner ever .. imagine the hype of Bens first game ?? the whole country will be watching it it will rate through the roof !! then the first game against the eagles .. again huge TV audiance huge publicity country wide ... and if he comes back as good as ever what better advertisment that the game can turn lives around ?? its a PR's wet dream the kinda spin the AFL can use from Benny and heck if he comes to us and we get some of the benifit then yay to us !!!
You're right Trav, but I betchya Dimwit's dreaming of a 100,000+ crowd when he trotts onto the ground for his first game with...The Filth! :shock:

He'd be great for generating interest in Brisbane too.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Not joking at all Trav. BC has been a major embarrasment to the AFL. And it's drugs policy. It bought culture and drug problems into the spotlight.

The biggest money spinner ever? Now that's a big call. I do agree that it's a PR wet dream.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

so much crap I have read on this thread :shock:

Ben needs footy for so many reasons, if we are lucky enough to get him then our needs are met in a big way.
Any Saint supporter that thinks that BC won't be an incredible boost to our stocks can remain a banner maker for keeps.

PS apo's to any banner maker that actually knows what is going on out on the field. :wink:

markp
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:There seems there is going to be some VERY upset people here if BC goes to Brisbane (who have flagged their interest), or any other team. I hope we get him off course, but there is a big case of counting your chickens going on on this board.

Why have many of you, for a long time now, presumed he is dead set sure to be at the saints? I think its 50/50, at best.
So what? It's football.... do you go to a game an refuse to get excited till it's over and won?

They aint even met with Brisbane (so I'd say it's more 85/15)... but should we miss out, I'm almost certain I'll find a way to go on.... somehow.

GeorgeYoung27
Club Player

I heard the whole interview on SEN and the 'ready to erupt' business was a tabloid (3AW news dept) response to the discussion which then grew legs. Dr Turf (who is a far more intellligent interviewer than KB) asked a question in a sympathetic way to BC and drew a response out of RN (which he probably now regrets). From what he said, I would guess that Nixon is not keen on BC going to Brisbane but if Ben wants to meet them then he will not stop him. Nixon is definitely happy with the club at the moment and also said "St Kilda fans should be excited about Tommy Walsh training with the club."

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

If Ben wants some relief I'm sure there are still plenty of ladies that could help him :lol:

As for Dimwit - I reckon he'd love to see Benny playing, although he'd be a bit embarassed by our non-TV friendly draw if we nabbed Cousins!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:If Ben wants some relief I'm sure there are still plenty of ladies that could help him :lol:

As for Dimwit - I reckon he'd love to see Benny playing, although he'd be a bit embarassed by our non-TV friendly draw if we nabbed Cousins!
If that's the case... it would be for the extra $$$ in publicity... not from any compassion towards BC.

ace
Saintsational Legend

The AFL has no choice in the matter.
Ben has got to play with St Kilda.
Only then will Demetriou be able to justify to himself his on going vendetta against St Kilda.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
ace
Saintsational Legend

Voss forced Akermanis out of town (Brisbane)
How could Cousins live in the same town as Voss.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.