More Press BS

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: More Press BS

[quote="St Fidelius"][quote="ace"][quote="3rd generation saint"]
Yet, last year when North (who seem to be the presses and AFL's love child) finished 4th and despite being beaten by over 100 points and 80 points in their matches with the top 2 teams, was tribute to the shinboner spirit.
[/quote]

Of course North is the AFL's love child - what club did Demetriou play for?

AND WHY DOESN'T THIS QUOTE WORK?[/quote]

It works fine :wink:[/quote]

THEN WHY DOESN'T IT DISPLAY FINE ON MY COMPUTER WITH A BLACK BACKGROUND ETC?

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
ace wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote: Yet, last year when North (who seem to be the presses and AFL's love child) finished 4th and despite being beaten by over 100 points and 80 points in their matches with the top 2 teams, was tribute to the shinboner spirit.
Of course North is the AFL's love child - what club did Demetriou play for?

AND WHY DOESN'T THIS QUOTE WORK?
It works fine :wink:

THEN WHY DOESN'T IT DISPLAY FINE ON MY COMPUTER WITH A BLACK BACKGROUND ETC?
Good point, and I have no idea.

I have just quoted you and it works.

I can't understand why it's not working for you :?

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
ace
Saintsational Legend

Thankyou St Fidelius

It must have something to do with the formatting commands not being recognised.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:Give us two weeks off, some top players back from injury, we'd be playing a Grand Final this week.
top players back? only genuine out was luke ball. dont think he would have made up 10 goals.

Richter
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:
degruch wrote:Give us two weeks off, some top players back from injury, we'd be playing a Grand Final this week.
top players back? only genuine out was luke ball. dont think he would have made up 10 goals.
Xavier Clarke, Matt Maguire, Sean Dempster, Steven Baker?

I still don't think that we would have beaten Hawthorn, but all these 4 fully fit would be in the team ahead of Eddy, McQualter, CJ, Gwilt.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Richter
SS Life Member

yipper wrote:
plugger66 wrote:The thing is I dont beleive it was from lack of trying last week that we lost. We just lack the players to go with the top 3 sides so we need to make some hard decisions. Do we recruit really short term eg Cousins or do we do some trades for our mentally weak players and try and get a good 24 year old. Or do we trade for picks which is really risky but could have huge rewards later on.
Why can't we do both? Short AND long term gain - i.e: get cousins and still try and inject plenty of youth / pace into the side. We will still have a fairly young list next season - and expect to have Goose and Bakes back as well. I actually think we're in a pretty good spot now - provided we don't do anything majorlly silly - we should have a run at success over the next few years.
SUre look at improving the list where you can. But how about this radical notion.......

Working with the list you have and looking to improve them as much as possible. THe maroity of our first choice 22 are in/coming into their prime age-wise, how about trusting in the players and coaches and having some faith in their abilities.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
GSG
Club Player

Of course the other thing we keep hearing from the press is that 4th flattered us.

The problem I have with this comment is - what exactly does it mean?

Does it mean that if Adelaide or Collingwood, North or Sydney had made 4th position, they would have deserved it more??

The fact remains that there was a big gap between 4th and the other top 3 teams, but because of this, we can’t just cancel Fourth Position because in the eyes of the media nobody deserves it. That is, I’m sure if Collingwood or North had made it, the accolades would never stop!

In the end the Saints beat the lot of them - North, Adelaide and Collingwood, making them the better performed team. Consequently, they deserved 4th position.

I’m sure if we ever win the Big One, somebody will declare that …. the premiership flatters them.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Xavier Clarke, Matt Maguire, Sean Dempster, Steven Baker?

I still don't think that we would have beaten Hawthorn, but all these 4 fully fit would be in the team ahead of Eddy, McQualter, CJ, Gwilt.
Prezactly. Besides Con...TWO WEEKS off and some top players back. Thought it was quite obvious that we were fatigued from an extended finals campaign, plus a tough physical game against the Pies. We weren't a patch on our usual form against the Hawks, and it's not because they suddenly became a 10 goal better team.

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

saintsrus wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote:
Go back to the window MT.
How did the story wind-up :D
I heard it wasn't electric..... :P