Kosi, X and Raph?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Kosi, X and Raph?

Haven't seen the game. Just got in from work. Disappointed but not surprised. How did Kosi, X and Raph perform today?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kosi, X and Raph?

st.byron wrote:Haven't seen the game. Just got in from work. Disappointed but not surprised. How did Kosi, X and Raph perform today?
Raph = OK

Kosi = Just

X = Struggled

!!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Kosi - barely

X - NO

Raph - went OK

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Kosi very disappointing ...... slow ...one trick only

X lacked match hardness

Raph battled hard

saint4life
boneless23
Club Player

Apart from the going to ground and spilling the grab turnover, Raph was good. Gave us run through the middle and stood amongst the poor performances of others.

I hope he has turned the corner.

SaintWal
Club Player

Kosi - Poor

X - No

Raph - Continues to impress me since his return. He has a dip and is prepared to run the lines.

kaos theory
Club Player

Raph was the best of the 3, by far, though that's not say that he played great, but showed a lot more poise, talent & focus than the others.

Kosi was back to the 'old' kosi (ie. most of his games for 2008). Did a couple of nice things, but is a shadow of his 2005 form....He needs a very solid pre-season next yr....

X was mostly ineffectual....first game in after a long break and that was the toughest challenge to get the get back up to the speed of an afl game.....he will be a lot better next week.

nicko016
Club Player

boneless23 wrote:Apart from the going to ground and spilling the grab turnover, Raph was good. Gave us run through the middle and stood amongst the poor performances of others.

I hope he has turned the corner.
I was similarly wuite happy with the way Raph took the game on in the last quarter, albeit when the pressure had gone out. Yet, until he removes those poor efforts such as weak tackles and falling to the ground, he will always be fighting for his spot. As much promise as he shows, he neber going look comfortable at AFL level unless he can eradicate these shortcomings.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

IMO Kosi was shocking......most times that he won the ball....he then basically p***** up against the wall with shocking use of the ball.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Kosi was ...ehh...i won't comment.

X.Clarke was really too unfit, hasn't played senior footy for such a long time.

Raph was ok. Almost had a beautiful run down the middle but went to bounce it and fumbled. Also took a nice mark in the forwardline but booted a point. Needs more gametime.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Pleased to hear that Raph was ok. Maybe he's turned the corner.
Not surprised about X. 16 weeks is a long time to be out and a huge ask to come back in for a final.
Disappointed to hear Kosi was poor. He's borderline isn't he?

Winmarvellous
Club Player

As above.

Kosi really needs to step it up next week. One good game, against very average opposition, out of 5 doesn't cut it at this level. May well find himself on the trade table if somebody out there thinks he's worth anything these days.

X was always gonna be a risk, especially with his frame against Geelong. Looked like a boy amongst men, and played accordingly.

Raph was OK without being spectacular. Have been surprised at his last month. Seems to have turned the corner, but still makes basic fundamental mistakes.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

X - it showed that he had been out of the team for a long time. Sloppy hands early on.

Raph - quite good considering the ball was being pumped into defense at an alarming rate

Kosi - Woeful. One of his very wost games. His decision making was deplorable in disposal and in making position for his team mayes

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote: Kosi - Woeful. One of his very wost games. His decision making was deplorable in disposal and in making position for his team mayes
Kosi is NOT a ruckman.... time is now for the Saints to realise this....

6 hit outs, now that's just 4 more than Goddard ....

Time for the Saints to find a spot that he can call his own...

The possible of Blake being out next week is huge....

I hope Michael Gardiner can stand up ...

Again, Kosi is NOT a ruckman

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Jack Daniels Magic

St Fidelius wrote:
cwrcyn wrote: Kosi - Woeful. One of his very wost games. His decision making was deplorable in disposal and in making position for his team mayes
Kosi is NOT a ruckman.... time is now for the Saints to realise this....

6 hit outs, now that's just 4 more than Goddard ....

Time for the Saints to find a spot that he can call his own...

The possible of Blake being out next week is huge....

I hope Michael Gardiner can stand up ...

Again, Kosi is NOT a ruckman

Kosi - dosen't seem to have a feel for the tempo for the game...needs to physically impose himself more, especially if he is not winning the ball.

Raph - needs more physicality in his game also...he has a little bit of size so needs to complete the blocks / shepards and put body on body...
also his skills disappoint me, for someone with his pedigree and experience his use / execution is poor, autually, sub-standard AFL level.
The missed goal is one example, but more so his field kicking - he is not the lone ranger but poor kicking createds turn-overs & is bad football.

X - not AFL match fit - needs to improve his defensive pressure and make his tackles stick!!

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

kaos theory wrote:
Kosi was back to the 'old' kosi (ie. most of his games for 2008). Did a couple of nice things, but is a shadow of his 2005 form....He needs a very solid pre-season next yr....
No doubt his new club wil allow him that opportunity.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
barneyboyz
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:IMO Kosi was shocking......most times that he won the ball....he then basically p***** up against the wall with shocking use of the ball.
yes, but not the only one, can Kosi ever take a game by the scruff again? I think so, but needs to get cracking

for what it's worth, I think Geelong were put to the sword better than recent efforts and although they won by heaps, I found some respect for Jimmy with his comments after the game, a class act in a class side

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
barneyboyz
Club Player

barneyboyz wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:IMO Kosi was shocking......most times that he won the ball....he then basically p***** up against the wall with shocking use of the ball.
yes, but not the only one, can Kosi ever take a game by the scruff again? I think so, but needs to get cracking

for what it's worth, I think Geelong were put to the sword better than recent efforts and although they won by heaps, I found some respect for Jimmy with his comments after the game, a class act in a class side
By the way, This time this year, we all are dreaming!! I guess they'll just put it in the pool room

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
derby Street
Club Player

Agree X - Nup.
Raph was O.K - went to ground one time going for a low option diving mark.
Needs to keep his feet - but improving heaps.
Kosi - Geez when he did get it he coughed it up giving dumb arsed handballs.
As for bringing Gardi in the ruck - Fair Dinkum you could have Polly Farmer playing for us and our midfielders wouldn't be able to get it. We actually need some players who will go in and get it.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Pfft.

All 3 had the games you'd pretty much expect in a 50 point shelacking. What's pleasing about Raph's game was that he didn't give anyone an excuse to pin it on him.

All 3 may have the "potential" to tear a game open, but one look at the score and we know they didn't.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
steph
Club Player

Raph... ok.... tried to create but was up against it..

Kosi was servicable, but had no impact... Im sure he'll be labelled the reason for the loss on this forum..

X... Was horrible, underdone or not, he is one that seems to be going nowhere...

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Kosi was not the reason for the loss, but he was crap.

Raph had a good game, not great.

X played as well as he could after what? 12 weeks out. He will get better.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Kosi was not the reason for the loss, but he was crap.

Raph had a good game, not great.

X played as well as he could after what? 12 weeks out. He will get better.
yep he will ......

I still feel for Birss ...

the only player to be dropped after a 21 to 5 goal thumping

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
jackal
Club Player

X was underdone and not ready for this game..maybe should have had a run against the bOMBERS? saying that, there is no point dropping him as Ross must have known that he would be rusty. Has to go harder and make sure those tackles stick...this will be easier against the younger Pie's bodies.

Kosi needs to be more aware when he handpasses to a team mate. It's all well and good playing on and attacking but hospital handpasses setting up a team mate is not required when you have the ability to hit a target by foot inside 50.