Justin Koschitzke

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

starsign
Club Player

If what Aussie said is true(and it would appear he is hopelessly down on fitness) then Kozi needs a real big wake up call with the threat of being traded
He must be on really good money, and for a highly paid proffessional not to WORK hard ie TRAIN and ensure he is in peak condition to play as well as he can each week is totally unacceptable

The only other possability that comes to mind , maybe he is carrying an injury, in which case its been with him for quite a while
Then its the Clubs fault for continuing to put him out on the park

Much as I hate the idea , he is becoming more Tradeable as weeks go by!

Maybe CHB , make a go of it there or your off!

Legendary
Club Player

Stop looking at his attributes.

That's how you judge first year draftees. Not how you judge 25-year old, 100-game players.

Look at his achievements.

Zilch.

Two years of injury free football and Kosi has played about 4-5 decent games.

He's not up to it unfortunately. Far too often he fails to perform.
People carry on that he can take a great mark, kick goals up forward, do well in the ruck.

I haven't seen him actually DO IT. Except maybe 2-3 times a year.

It's not enough.

If he doesn't play consistent football for the remaining three games - and I'm talking living up to his attributes - then I'd get rid of him.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Oh FFS, how many excuses and how much rope does one guy get.
Koschitzke is :
Unlucky
Hasn't had enough time to get over his injuries
Hasn't had enough time to adjust to being Full Forward
Is being played out of position
Has poor peripheral vision
Has been more damaged than we thought from that clash with Giansiracusa, but he'll come good
Hasn't found his true playing position yet
The world's best contested mark ( except that he doesn't take that many)
Lacking in confidence
Not quick enough to be damaging around the ground, so should stay at FF
Not tall enough to be a regular ruckman, so should play mainly at FF
Too lumbering to play CHB so should stay at FF
A bit clumsy but a hell of a trier and just about to come good.........

and now.....
Is suffering from lack of quality delivery, otherwise would be cutting them up at FF

Hello!!!! Is anyone out there???? The guy just isn't as good as we'd hoped. It's not his fault, he just isn't. GOP at times and if the right deal was available, should be considered for trade.
add to the list the following which were posted in another thread last night:

His core leg strength isn't good enough so he can't use his height and weight to advantage.
His preparation isn't consistent enough
He's not match fit

bergsone
SS Life Member

starsign wrote:If what Aussie said is true(and it would appear he is hopelessly down on fitness) then Kozi needs a real big wake up call with the threat of being traded
He must be on really good money, and for a highly paid proffessional not to WORK hard ie TRAIN and ensure he is in peak condition to play as well as he can each week is totally unacceptable

The only other possability that comes to mind , maybe he is carrying an injury, in which case its been with him for quite a while
Then its the Clubs fault for continuing to put him out on the park

Much as I hate the idea , he is becoming more Tradeable as weeks go by!

Maybe CHB , make a go of it there or your off!
Gee mate be careful I said about CHB for Kosi early season,shouted down abused told I know nothing,lucky have a thick skin ,you may need one too,

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Does anyone think he has been scarred from his injuries earlier in his career?

Seems to have sapped his passion and desire for football completely. He'd be on the verge of a comeback and hit a catastrophe time and time again.

He was fantastic in his first year. Might be better for his career with a fresh start at another club. It did wonders for Barry Hall.

He's just not there on the field. His mind is elsewhere.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

maybe he has a medical condition due to the injurys in the passed can happen ya know

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

HE IS NOT A RUCKMAN.

Has anybody actually taken the time to watch his hitout attempts?

Just not his cup of tea.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:HE IS NOT A RUCKMAN.

Just not his cup of tea.
and he's not a key forward, and he's not a CHB. So that makes him ??????

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
Spinner wrote:HE IS NOT A RUCKMAN.

Just not his cup of tea.
and he's not a key forward, and he's not a CHB. So that makes him ??????
Tradable.

aussiejones
Club Player

I am beginning to despair .........NAMES living on potential

Time to drop Kossi .....he needs to train like Harvey if he wants to stay...
DalSanto ..... needs another kick up yhe A#$e !!! He has been reading too much about himself ....

Agree with : " i'd be trying bj at ff on the basis that (while he might not be explosive on the lead or a strong contested mark) he is a good enough player to be able to get the ball one way or another.

i'd try dal santo on a flank alongside riewoldt. '

hotdish
Club Player

Reading this thread makes me disgusted to be a saints supporter!

You guys are talking about a guy that has dedicated his whole AFL career to the saints, who has come back from several big injuries, has played numerous times when he shouldn't have (just because he loves the club and his teammates so much) and is a good player.

In 2008:

- he is on target to play the most games he ever has in a season
- he will kick more goals this year than any other season
- has laid more tackles than ever before in a season
- he will take more marks than any others season

HE IS IMPROVING - isn't that all we can ask?

My gripe is that the team trained ALL PRE-SEASON with Gehrig at Full Forward. He was central to our structure. Gehrig goes down, and guess what, our structure falls to $hit!

Give Kossi and break, he's trying his hardest - if only his coach could implement a better structure around him...

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

as much as i love kosi and i really do it might be good for both our club and him to sever ties on the best of terms...it is an option

and no this is not because of the gold coast west sydney garbage coming up either

although every time we loose it seems its always his fault so maybe he isnt getting decent supply??? cause to me when he is given a really clear cut chance at marking on the lead or in packs he does the job or at least gives a good contest

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

hotdish

Everything you listed is about his best this and that.

His best obviously aint up to scratch. He's been given plenty of time and has not produced.

Time to move on.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

hotdish wrote:Reading this thread makes me disgusted to be a saints supporter!

You guys are talking about a guy that has dedicated his whole AFL career to the saints, who has come back from several big injuries, has played numerous times when he shouldn't have (just because he loves the club and his teammates so much) and is a good player.

In 2008:

My gripe is that the team trained ALL PRE-SEASON with Gehrig at Full Forward. He was central to our structure. Gehrig goes down, and guess what, our structure falls to $hit!

Give Kossi and break, he's trying his hardest - if only his coach could implement a better structure around him...
another excuse. This time the coach needs to implement a better structure around him.
Pull your head out of the sand. At present he's not up to it and he's had plenty of opportunity. Tired of excuses for his lack of performance. No, improving is not all we can ask if it's not up to scratch.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

"IF" Kosi was put up for trade i reckon Melbourne,Richmond and the Bulldogs
would make a big effort to get him,what could we get off those clubs to make it worthwhile...players or picks or a combination of both....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:"IF" Kosi was put up for trade i reckon Melbourne,Richmond and the Bulldogs
would make a big effort to get him,what could we get off those clubs to make it worthwhile...players or picks or a combination of both....
Cameron Bruce and there first pick. from melbourne or davey

bulldogs.... hahn, rey,

hotdish
Club Player

For those advocates of trading Kossi - who would replace him up forward? Allen, Charlie Gardiner, McEvoy?

Don't make me laugh. We would be a rabble...

We are going to make the finals, so give it a rest guys...

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Interesting comments made on FC...

Lyon: 6'5". Should start getting used to pplaing FF.

Archer: Body language is a problem.

Don't think he'll be traded to be honest.

Perhaps leave him in the square.

Caro made the comment that the midfield was crap on Saturday, which wouldn't have helped.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:Interesting comments made on FC...

Lyon: 6'5". Should start getting used to pplaing FF.

Archer: Body language is a problem.

Don't think he'll be traded to be honest.

Perhaps leave him in the square.

Caro made the comment that the midfield was crap on Saturday, which wouldn't have helped.
caro is correct, when our midfield goes okay kosi and anyone else looks like a million bucks

have we really forgotten we were missing one of the best clearance players in the game???

anyone???

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

and the one person who can make any decisions has his say tomorrow-

article in the Age' Lyon defends Kosi"

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Watching Kosi, he spends more time chasing his opposing full back up and down the ground than in the attacking 50.... the amount of times we bombed it forward to no option only to see kosi at centre wing was a disgrace...

For mine, opposition clubs look to exploit his lack of endurance and due to our mission statement of following your man everywhere, kosi is made to run pointless km's...

Let Wakelin run to chf, leaving Kos ALONE in the 50.... Lyon has to get over this accountability ribbish and let our players play... the way it comes naturally...

Not sure if it was bigcarl that mentioned it in another thread, but Ross's tactics are killing, if not suffocating half our players...

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Watching Kosi, he spends more time chasing his opposing full back up and down the ground than in the attacking 50.... the amount of times we bombed it forward to no option only to see kosi at centre wing was a disgrace...

For mine, opposition clubs look to exploit his lack of endurance and due to our mission statement of following your man everywhere, kosi is made to run pointless km's...

Let Wakelin run to chf, leaving Kos ALONE in the 50.... Lyon has to get over this accountability ribbish and let our players play... the way it comes naturally...

Not sure if it was bigcarl that mentioned it in another thread, but Ross's tactics are killing, if not suffocating half our players...
spot on I thought the same thing in the Hawks game... :roll:

er....next argument?

“Yeah….nah””
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

In 2008:

Welcome to ScapegoatSational fan forum :lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

st.byron wrote:

In 2008:

another excuse. This time the coach needs to implement a better structure around him.
Pull your head out of the sand. At present he's not up to it and he's had plenty of opportunity. Tired of excuses for his lack of performance. No, improving is not all we can ask if it's not up to scratch.
tired of the vindictive crap that comes out of peoples moths :roll:

Hotdish actually makes a lot of sense IMHO.

Kosi should be parked in the goal square and left there until he gets used to it. If he has an attitude issue, then this needs to be addressed, and I dare say it will.

Wjilst we bag plaeyrs like Kosi and Dal, we forget that they gave up bigger $$$ to saty with the Saints.

Brooksy_Babe_24
Club Player

This forum drives me up the wall.
HOW DARE PEOPLE ATTACK TWO PLAYERS WHO HAVE GIVEN UP BIG MONEY TO STAY SAINTS. yet all hell breaks losse if someone mentions our HERO SAINT NICK not kicking goals.
the whole team sucks right now because of the stupid game plan we have in place. i am ashamed to say i barrack for the saints never before in my life have i ever been ashamed to say that.

this is killing me seeing our players abused week in week out by their own supporters.
Maybe Kosi hasn't been playing anywhere near the standard we know he can but why single him out and why attack Dal and call him soft and say trade them both. You NEVER EVER TRADE LOYAL PLAYERS EVER.
what the hell is our motto STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.
No-one on here knows what is really going on down there. But all i can say is if we don't win the next 3 games convincingly and do well in the finals Ross Lyon should watch out because there will be alot of backlash and members not re-signing next year.
We have always been a proud passionate and loyal group of supporters but lately, i haven't seen this at all and it tears me up inside to see it happening.
We are better then this.
Ross is destorying our players carrers and the sooner people see this the better.
There will be some who won't listen and some who will make excuses. But anyone who saw us play when we played under GT in the winning streak can see those boys loved each other and they loved their coach.
Rooie said at the best and fairest that maybe they loved each other too much BULL s***( no offence to Rooie i understand completely what he is getting at and i do to some extent think he is right on the money) but footy clubs are built on LOVE AND TRUST COMITTMENT AND HONESTY our players are not prima donnas as some people may think they are. The are guys who do still love each other and want to play for each other but because of this game plan they are left second guessing themselves and not TRUSTING each other because they are so worried about watching their man instead of playing they natural game.
I go to the footy this year for two reasons alone one SIR ROBERT HARVEY and secondly because I LOVE THIS CLUB AND I LOVE THESE BOYS THEY ARE TRULY THE BEST GROUP OF BOYS OUT THERE. I no longer go for the excitment of the game why because there is NONE not a single bit.
The only time on saturday night that i found my voice was when BJ took that amazing mark and kicked the goal.
Pretty sad isn't it :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:.
Those of you who know me would know how loyal i am and if someone like me who used to travel anywhere to see them play is so upset and feels like not going to the footy anymore think how your average supporter would feel, Even worse think how someone who has supported this GREAT CLUB for 90 years feels.
This club is falling to pieces why because they have no heart no leadership or guidence anymore NO-one who knows what it REALLY MEANS TO WEAR THE RED WHITE AND BLACK JUMPER.
I'm not staying re hire GT as coach or anything but if in fact we are to keep Ross Lyon on as coach i seriously hope that he sources out GT and asks in fact BEGS him to be a part of it all again in a mentoring role like a motivator.
COME ON SAINTS BE COURAGEOUS SHOW SOME BALLS AND FIGHT LIKE YOU"VE NEVER FOUGHT BEFORE WE HAVE 3 WEEKS TO STAND UP AND BE NOTICED 3 WEEKS TO STAND UP AND TAKE PRIDE IN THE WAY WE HOLD OURSELVES 3 WEEKS TO TURN OUR DESTINY BACK INTO OUR FAVOUR 3 WEEKS BEFORE WE GIVE IT ALL WE HAVE GOT TO FAREWELL OUR CHAMPION.
3 WEEKS UNTIL WE PLAY OFF IN THE FINALS AGAIN.
3 WEEKS BEFORE OUR STARS CAN REALLY SHINE THROUGH.
WE ARE THE SAINTS WE ARE PROUD PASSIONATE AND LOYAL.
IT'S IN OUR HANDS

Brooksy I'll never Forget you

AKA Austinn's_Honey & Troy's_Gal
NEVER EVER BAG YOUR OWN PLAYERS

http://blog.myspace.com/sexc_saz