rod's "betrayal" shattered me for months, says GT

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:I reckon Teffers is really RB
or someone close to him.

as for gt trying to galvanise us, bear in mind this article would have been written long before he knew the result of last night's game.

he's no angel, that's for sure, but i do believe that he is a passionate st kilda man and would love to see us win a premiership.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
I reckon Teffers is really RB, and Babbelot is really GT. :lol:
So close!! Actually, I suffer from Multiple Personality Disorder and am in fact GT, Teflon, B4E and Rodgerfox. Oh, and Kevin Rudd as well

As for the RB "incident", suffice to say it was very sordid and involved a mongoose, vegemite, latex and Pauline Hanson. Need I say more?

JeffDunne

meher baba wrote:As for the RB "incident", suffice to say it was very sordid and involved a mongoose, vegemite, latex and Pauline Hanson. Need I say more?
Yes.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
meher baba wrote:As for the RB "incident", suffice to say it was very sordid and involved a mongoose, vegemite, latex and Pauline Hanson. Need I say more?
Yes.

All right then. I am told that Andrew Demetiou has the photos

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
Yes.

i love that emoticon. it only comes out in the "must-read" threads.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

GT showed his love for the club by getting every last cent he was owed out of the club.

GT thanks for the memories, you did well in coaching time, plenty of room for improvement, but luck went against you, especially with injuries.

you really showed us what a douche you can be in the subsequent 20 months.

I thank you for some good memories at TD and the MCG, now p1ss off.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
markp
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:GT showed his love for the club by getting every last cent he was owed out of the club.

GT thanks for the memories, you did well in coaching time, plenty of room for improvement, but luck went against you, especially with injuries.

you really showed us what a douche you can be in the subsequent 20 months.

I thank you for some good memories at TD and the MCG, now p1ss off.
That sums it all up nicely.... case closed (I wish).

asiu

i luv it when gt gets a mention

always turns into fun

:)

give us the 'bong' jd ....thats my fave

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I quite like GT...he did a lot of good things but he allowed his ego to take over and he started making mistakes but refused to listen when people tried to help him or tell him it's not a one man show.....

I remember him in the early 80's when he was our best defender,in a crap team...I still have no idea how he ended up at 2 other clubs or why his career finished at StKilda....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Teflon wrote:Ahh...Grant....hes got just enough cr@p in his bag about our club to get some media headlines for years hasnt he?

I mean...carefully dropped in there that "Im not moral Police" - just enoug inference to have people in the media say....."what did Butters do back then"?

And keep fanning the flames of the whole sorry mess. F@rk this guys a creep of the highest.

HAD to lock himself in his study cause Im telling you NO CORPORATE business or other AFL club was interested in this creep - and why?

Read between the lines at the way he plays the game......he IS the utlimate Corporate Monster.
you sound almost as if you've got a personal stake in this teffers.
well since you want the current coach sacked Carl and bemoan Grants departure Id say you have a fair stake in it also...

That aside I dont buy vaccum cleaners of used car salesman...hows yours doing btw?

“Yeah….nah””
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

bobmurray wrote: I remember him in the early 80's when he was our best defender,in a crap team...I still have no idea how he ended up at 2 other clubs or why his career finished at StKilda....
Maybe you can ask Dennis Pagan the same question. :lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
bobmurray wrote: I remember him in the early 80's when he was our best defender,in a crap team...I still have no idea how he ended up at 2 other clubs or why his career finished at StKilda....
Maybe i could but i never cared for Pagan...

Grant was a shining light in a crap team way back when,albeit briefly..

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

bobmurray wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
Maybe i could but i never cared for Pagan...

Grant was a shining light in a crap team way back when,albeit briefly..
I think you missed my point here...

He got rid of GT when he took over as coach of North.

Hence the nickname "cornflakes" by Phatpryck Smith.

Not sure how much the Fox ultimatum on payments affected his decision to leave. But I also believe he had a crook knee.

Not 100% sure on either TBH.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:.

Not sure how much the Fox ultimatum on payments affected his decision to leave. But I also believe he had a crook knee.

Not 100% sure on either TBH.
You may well be in the ballpark here,although if he had a bad knee i'm not sure how he club hopped......

marksnsparks
Club Player

Teflon wrote:Ahh...Grant....hes got just enough cr@p in his bag about our club to get some media headlines for years hasnt he?

I mean...carefully dropped in there that "Im not moral Police" - just enoug inference to have people in the media say....."what did Butters do back then"?

And keep fanning the flames of the whole sorry mess. F@rk this guys a creep of the highest.

HAD to lock himself in his study cause Im telling you NO CORPORATE business or other AFL club was interested in this creep - and why?

Read between the lines at the way he plays the game......he IS the utlimate Corporate Monster.

Aha!! Teflon, you are revealed as Buttarse.

I reckon Solar is GT. You are thoughtful, inciteful and articulate enough.

(Make the cheque out to CASH) :wink:

Buckets
SS Life Member

Look to be honest i don't see anything wrong with either the articles on RB or GT. Yes things could have been left out or said differently, however you cant know for sure how much the reporters left out from the interview! Remember a reporter will only leave in what he believes will make the article more appealing to the masses!

Thing is both RB and GT are no longer at the club and the article today was more to do with the relationship between the two! The RB article was to do with the past as well! I'm yet to see and article with either on them making rash comments about the current admin or coaching staff! I think some in here need to take the blinkers off and realise that just because they might be in the news doesn't necessarily mean that its an attack on the club!

And hell we all know there have been rumours about some of the goings on in the previous admin so for us that would be old news and the same goes for the playing group! They would know what goes on in the different relationships within the club!
Last edited by Buckets on Sun 10 Aug 2008 10:46pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Any coincidence in the timing of this article and the launch of the new business venture that 'goes live in September'?

Cynical view of GT manipulating the media for his own gains.

I wish both he and RB would just shut up and move on.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
JeffDunne

gazrat wrote:give us the 'bong' jd ....thats my fave
I'll bring the bong, but you're packing gazrat . . .

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: well since you want the current coach sacked Carl and bemoan Grants departure Id say you have a fair stake in it also
you're putting words in my mouth a bit there. it's true i haven't been happy about our progress under ross and i'm still waiting for him to "finish off the job."

i'd expect him to see out his contract. but he'd want to get a rattle on if he expects to remain as coach, wouldn't you agree?

mischa
Club Player

Great read. I enjoyed it (makes a welcome change). It's still sickening that after a judge decided Grant Thomas was basically treated like crap by the previous administration and entitled to every penny, there are still the usual halfwits screaming indcredulity and hate. Didn't Stan Alves get a big payout :?: At least we now know that Butterss hatred extended to making sure GT didn't even get what we was entitled to. Go GT :)

"Thanks korters. If Richmond kick more goals they'll win"-R.Scumbag (nee Walls)

The All Spin Zone-Saintsational.com
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

mischa wrote:Great read. I enjoyed it (makes a welcome change). It's still sickening that after a judge decided Grant Thomas was basically treated like crap by the previous administration and entitled to every penny, there are still the usual halfwits screaming indcredulity and hate. Didn't Stan Alves get a big payout :?: At least we now know that Butterss hatred extended to making sure GT didn't even get what we was entitled to. Go GT :)
Hey MisKa,
Nice to see that you still don't let the facts get in the way of your idolization of GT.

IIRC it was the current Board who decided to defend the Court Case that GT brought against the Club. Remember, they got rid of Butters last year?
Do you think that Butters was actually controlling the current Board's actions with his 'special Jedi mind control powers'?

But then again, why should anybody be surprized at your reticence to accept facts? Afterall, you persist in spelling Quartermain's nickname wrongly with a K in your sig even though it has been pointed out to you repeatedly!

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
He got rid of GT when he took over as coach of North.

Hence the nickname "cornflakes" by Phatpryck Smith.
Apparently 'Cornflakes' came from Butterss' infamous statement that Thomas 'ate pressure for breakfast'.

One morning a Cornflakes box was on GT's desk with 'pressure' written on it.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

I think there is a pretty clear difference between Butterss' comments and GT's.

Those who don't see that, well, are never going to see it.

Butterss' comments personally and professionally denegrated a popular, and current football identity. Who in a very public domain, had a right of reply. Naturally, his reply was savage. And it was aimed at the club as a whole. And certainly interpreted that way by the footy public.

Thomas' comments, are about a bloke who derailed our club and cost us dearly - who has nothing at all to do with football in any shape for form.

This is not a distraction, or anything to do with the St Kilda footy club.

It's about 2 blokes, who had a falling out because as I said at the time, for reasons nothing at all to do with footy.

Can somebody please tell me how this has any relevance to the current club? How this is any form of distraction or concern for the club?

We know Butterss sacked Thomas for the wrong reasons. We know it wasn't footy related. We know Butterss ran the club like it was his little power toy.

We already know that. We already know that his decision making and running of the club has set us back at least 5 years, and cost us any chance of making good of the best on-field situation we've been in in a very, very long time.

The footy public knows that. We all know that - even though some are still in denial.

So how can anything that comes out between these two impact the club?

I'm actually starting to enjoy it. Finally the 'facts' that couldn't be expressed on a public footy forum are starting to come out.

There'll be some red faces on here.

And seeing as our footy team is so insipid and boring at the moment, at least this gives me something to read about in the papers during the finals.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

GT and Butterss....

Both arsehats of the highest order.

Typical flowering St.Kilda cabbages who just cant shut the F*** up and just disappear into the sunset.

Stereotypical ego's that have been destroying our club since 1873.

I cant wait for the autobiography's to hit the shelves.

Grant Thomas: "How I got the job and choking on the cornflakes".

Roddy "two shoes" Buttarse: "The process and the processes to get there".

Give me a break. Shut the F*** up and go forth and multiply.

Two more reasons why this damn club that I love so much makes me hate it so much.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
mischa
Club Player

IIRC it was the current Board who decided to defend the Court Case that GT brought against the Club. Remember, they got rid of Butters last year?
Do you think that Butters was actually controlling the current Board's actions with his 'special Jedi mind control powers'?

But then again, why should anybody be surprized at your reticence to accept facts? Afterall, you persist in spelling Quartermain's nickname wrongly with a K in your sig even though it has been pointed out to you repeatedly!
:roll: :roll: Semantics, semantics. It's embarrassing to have to spell this out. Since the previous administration sacked Grant Thomas and failed to fulfil their payment obligation (see Court Case result),the current board defended it a/ they were in charge but also because they did not believe they were responsible. The fact Westaway holds no grudges and would like GT to come back to the club at some stage (has stated so) says it all.

PS. You can drop the cute condesending act. I'm not about to write what you or anybody else says I should.

"Thanks korters. If Richmond kick more goals they'll win"-R.Scumbag (nee Walls)

The All Spin Zone-Saintsational.com