Where's OUR President????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Where's OUR President????

seriously, how many of you would recognise him if you bumped into him on the street...

What's he doing anyway??

This club has NO face....

We need to look at things from the top down...

Only mentioning this because EDDIE seemed SOOOO passionate during the week....

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

Re: Where's OUR President????

tweedaletomanning wrote:seriously, how many of you would recognise him if you bumped into him on the street...

What's he doing anyway??

The president isn't responsible for that garbage we witnessed tonight. Footy First have done their job, the coaching staff and 80% of the players haven't done theirs!

timclark27
Club Player

So tell me, what has Footy First done. No really, lay it out in point form. Yeah lets leave Moorabbin, oh no, wait, its too expensive and costs are blowing out, lets just hang in limbo for a while.
The coach, hey, lets use a game plan based on negativity and then try and win a game. Wait it looks like crap, doesn't work and the players are confused. Stupid players, it must be all your fault. :roll:

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I noticed that whenever the TV camera was on President EAddie, which was often, Plymton was in the picture. He was 3 presidents ago. Doesnt our current Pres go to the footy?

saint08
Club Player

Westaway was at the game last night , sitting with Archie.. (Presidents seats are not placed next to each other.)

our 2nd half 9 goals...
our first half 3 goals...

yep, that sure is the board's fault....NOT

As a member, here is what I want..

I DO NOT WANT presidents who think that they know more about footy than the footy dept and interfere like our prior Pres.I DO NOT WANT a president who leads us in the media. I want him to lead OUT OF the media.

Anyway, hOW MANY TIMES DO YOU SEE PRESIDENTS OF OTHER CLUBS IN the media , except when there IS A CRISIS?

( Westaway was at the Harvey press conference , ...I was there and I heard him assuring Harvey that he will be at Stkilda next year). tHAT IS WHAT i WANT.

I do not want a loss of $450000 again. I want us to spend on footy , grow revenue and keep our injuries down. I want improvement in our drafting. I understand though that all the money in the world ( see west coast and adelaide and essendon) does not guarantee on field success.

I want Luke Ball to come back soon and Michael gardiner back till McEvoy can help. I want Blake in the ruck...as he was for the first 3 goals in the last quarter last night , till we made the mistake of bringing King back into the ruck and sure enough we lost the centre clarances

timclark27
Club Player

I know he made a point of saying he wasn't going to be a media whore like Butterrs but being a hermit is ridiculous. You see and hear more from Archie Fraser. In fact I had to think for a few minutes to even remember his name.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I wonder then why was Andrew Plymton was sitting near Eddie and not the St.Kilda President? Doesnt look good from a St,kilda point of view.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Sack Westaway :roll:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
saint08
Club Player

borderbarry wrote:I wonder then why was Andrew Plymton was sitting near Eddie and not the St.Kilda President? Doesnt look good from a St,kilda point of view.
Westaway was at the game last night , sitting with Archie.. (Presidents seats are not placed next to each other.)

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saint08 wrote: ( Westaway was at the Harvey press conference , ...I was there and I heard him assuring Harvey that he will be at Stkilda next year). tHAT IS WHAT i WANT.
I saw vision of him chatting- Glad to hear they are telling him to stick around

maybe the WA sainters can ask Greg why he's not amedia star at next weeks game

or has anyone gone to a presidents lunch?

who is the Tigers president- untill he sacks the CEO
who is Essendon President,
who is Brisbanes president
for that matter who is Leading adelaide or Port adelaide?
yes we hear eddie and Jim and frank, and now JIm- he needs money, but how much have we heard from Sticks?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
hotdish
Club Player

Yeah I wish Westaway was speaking more in the press, drawing unwanted attention to our club for stupid throw-away comments, AKA Jeff Kennet!

Who gives a toss about our president. Last time I checked a footy game was won by the 22 blokes on the field, and the coaches box...

stop making excuses, and face up to reality.

timclark27
Club Player

I dont want him to be in the media constantly but some comments on our direction or an update would be good. I am a member and I do not even get so much as an email as to what is happening. All I get is gossip that trickles in through the media.

Do I know the presidents of other clubs. Of course not I dont barrack for them. But the leader of any group needs to keep its members up to date and informed. Ours isn't doing that.

saint08
Club Player

timclark27 wrote:I dont want him to be in the media constantly but some comments on our direction or an update would be good. I am a member and I do not even get so much as an email as to what is happening. All I get is gossip that trickles in through the media.

Do I know the presidents of other clubs. Of course not I dont barrack for them. But the leader of any group needs to keep its members up to date and informed. Ours isn't doing that.
do you tune in to saints central? that plus the official site is where the club keeps us updated... not a president making comments to the media... and it is the CEO who runs the club day to day , not the president

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Where's OUR President???

Errrrrr? let me see??? Oh yeah I remember now. Working damned hard to get the off-field issues right. Staying out of the coaches way and letting the team get on with trying to win matches. But Hey!!!! It doesn't matter if we lose a game if we have a high-profile prez does it??? :roll:

The guy has been in the job for less than a year, lets do something different eh? and give the board and Prez a bit of breathing space to get on with their job!!!!!! I couldn't give a "blights toss bag" :wink: if the man never appears in the media I follow the CLUB not the prez!!!
Anyway when presidents are in the headlines like Eddie has been its usually to act in "damage control" mode
I'm the Jiggster- thats my take (has anyone else used that line? :wink: )

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
timclark27
Club Player

AS I stated earlier give it to me in point form, not general statements about working hard behind the scenes and getting off field issues right. You guys have more cliches than answers.

The move to Frankston has already blown out by $5 million dollars and the final destination at Frankston is still unclear.
We were told that our past profits were generated by cost cutting and he would increase revenue. How? Is this happening? How are the cost blowouts going to affect the bottom line? Are the rumors of renewed talks with Kingston council just that, rumors?
The move from the Scorpions to Zebras was spruiked by Archie Fraser as 'move into our membership heartland' then why the f@$k is the club moving to Frankston.

I have more but I wont waste my time as all I will get here is more cliches.

The CEO runs the club day to day but he can be sacked by the President. I want answers from the person at the top of the chain. The person that spent a mint on all the pretty flyers telling us what a good job he'd do if he got in.

Gilbert=Legend

Who gives a f***, its the players who play the game

Mooksy
Club Player

He was on 3AW last week. How much do you want? I couldn't care less if we never heard from the President.

hotdish
Club Player

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Archie and Ross are the media liasons from the club.

I'm happy with it that way.

Westaway quietly plugs along without media attention or acknowledgement of accolades. Sounds particularly familiar to a club champion at the saints.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

yes, having a big mouthed pres who puts his foot in it sounds lovely..... :roll:

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Re: Where's OUR President????

tweedaletomanning wrote:seriously, how many of you would recognise him if you bumped into him on the street...

What's he doing anyway??

the club has a face...and its our dear capt rooey

why do we need a fat grey 50+ year old as the face of our club???

nothing against the president i appreciate the work he is doing and continuing to do to assist our club

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
bethb7
Club Player

He's in today's Herald Sun.

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon