Umpiring laughable

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saint66au wrote:Solar/plugger66....stop bloody baiting each other eh..you are as bad as each other and its becoming (very) boring..we get the message..you both have to find each others posts and disagree out of principle..but it really is very boring

The pair of you..take a big cup of "turn the other cheek" k?
Ok but was my answer to your question fair enough. You didnt get back to me and abuse me so I am confused with where you lie.
Is this response from you sarcasm?

I just want to be sure?
No it isnt. Do we have a sarcasm emotion. If we do I will use it.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

I would love to run into Matthew Head one day....

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saint66au wrote:Solar/plugger66....stop bloody baiting each other eh..you are as bad as each other and its becoming (very) boring..we get the message..you both have to find each others posts and disagree out of principle..but it really is very boring

Ok but was my answer to your question fair enough. You didnt get back to me and abuse me so I am confused with where you lie.
Is this response from you sarcasm?

I just want to be sure?

No it isnt. Do we have a sarcasm emotion. If we do I will use it.
Why not ask the Administrator to create a 'sarcasm emoticon' - he could call it a 'Plugger66'.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Yeah thanks plugger...an honest answer..appreciate it

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

your the prick that starts the abuse and then does the "oh everyone is abusing me" trick.....

I don't disagree with his points out of principle, I hate the way he provokes people and refuses to play the ball and not the man.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

don't get my thread locked you pricks :evil: :wink:

I want to crack the ton

Bring back the Lockett era
JeffDunne

Mr Magic wrote:Why not ask the Administrator to create a 'sarcasm emoticon' - he could call it a 'Plugger66'.
This one would be better.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

your the prick that starts the abuse and then does the "oh everyone is abusing me" trick.....

I don't disagree with his points out of principle, I hate the way he provokes people and refuses to play the ball and not the man.
At least you waited a minute before abusing me again after the mod said for both of us to stop it.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

At least you waited a minute before abusing me again after the mod said for both of us to stop it.
see "oh your abusing me" after calling me a loser several times in the first page of this thread... I would call you a hypocrite but I would be worried that your reading skills are up with you spelling skills.....

FQF
In richo I trust

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Urgh. Cram it you two...how many threads have you bunch of spoilers wrecked with you landslide of crap. Stick to the subject or push off, before we all die of boredom.

GSG
Club Player

This is the first time ever I left the ground early, not because of the Saints losing, but because I could no longer watch the umpires play for Port. It was a shocker!!!

Solar
Saintsational Legend

GSG wrote:This is the first time ever I left the ground early, not because of the Saints losing, but because I could no longer watch the umpires play for Port. It was a shocker!!!
the game nearly lost me as a supporter during that second quarter.... if I didn't have such a love for the saints I would have walked out....

FQF
In richo I trust

SaintDippa
Club Player

Sat centre/wing Docklands side and saw this happen three times on the wing. Not sure how many other times, eyesight fading.

What's the call, 50 or no 50?

Saints player 1 receives a free.

As the free is paid the ball ends up in the hands on Saints player 2.

Port player tackles, takes to ground and commences to wrestle Saints player 2.

Ball is held up from being returned to Saints player 1 for 5-10 seconds allowing Port to flood back and man up.

Wrestle ceased wth ball being returned to player 1.

50 or no 50?

marksnsparks
Club Player

Solar and plugger66, you're making my scrolling finger sore, constantly having to go past your inane schoolyard bulls*it.

You obviously want to root each other so get a room and take it out on each others ringpieces FFS and leave this forum to people who want to debate sanely.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Bloody glad it wasn't on telly after reading this - just fed up with such poor umpiring game after game - it is the biggest problem in the game today.
The AFL need to step in to create greater consistency - perhaps a directive such as 'if you're not 100% sure don't pay it!' - it would mean less subjectivity about decisions and allow the afl to drop poorly performing umps. Less frees would also mean less mistakes.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Ray Broughton
Club Player

Re: Umpiring laughable

jonesy wrote:Now for the first 3 quarters we were an abomination,terrible,won't win again this year if we dish up more performances like that. Great that they had a dip in the last and stormed over them....would of been nice to get that sort of commitment for 4 quarters instead of the trash we got for the first 3.

Now,the umpring....that was the biggest disgrace I have seen in a long time. Fcuk me!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: What was the free kick count? Is there something fishy going on here? The questions have to be asked as that was bordering on cheating,astonishing claims, yet quite obvious.
That 50 against McQualter was quite possibly the worst decision in the history of the game and only confirmed the fact that the umpires backed Port!!!!!
I expect an enquiry this week from the club. This rot week in week out can't continue from these corrupt victims of school bullies

plugger66 you're not allowed to reply to this :wink:
Did you even watch the game Jones?

The umpiring was clearly in our favour.

Maybe you can take a seat with those one eyed idiots back at the Sandy...

Fair dinkum

Ray Broughton
~Fish Catcher and Saints Barracker~
"When I'm not watching saints, I'm catchin barra wearing my saints scarf in the 35 degree heat - that's the kinda fan I am"...
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Umpiring laughable

Ray Broughton wrote:
jonesy wrote:Now for the first 3 quarters we were an abomination,terrible,won't win again this year if we dish up more performances like that. Great that they had a dip in the last and stormed over them....would of been nice to get that sort of commitment for 4 quarters instead of the trash we got for the first 3.

Now,the umpring....that was the biggest disgrace I have seen in a long time. Fcuk me!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: What was the free kick count? Is there something fishy going on here? The questions have to be asked as that was bordering on cheating,astonishing claims, yet quite obvious.
That 50 against McQualter was quite possibly the worst decision in the history of the game and only confirmed the fact that the umpires backed Port!!!!!
I expect an enquiry this week from the club. This rot week in week out can't continue from these corrupt victims of school bullies

plugger66 you're not allowed to reply to this :wink:
Did you even watch the game Jones?

The umpiring was clearly in our favour.

Maybe you can take a seat with those one eyed idiots back at the Sandy...

Fair dinkum
Get back to Humpty Doo you feral

Bring back the Lockett era
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

The umpiring was disgraceful.

However I saw something today that really surprised me. Saints fans with paid seats leaving when we were one or two goals down (with plenty of time to play) and yelling abuse at the umpires as they left. They simply could not watch the game of footy with any sense of enjoyment. Win or lose - they were NOT going to sit there and watch the umpires anymore. And that is what it was ... the umpires were a third team.

I was sitting with a few friends and one was a Richmond supporter and had no attachment to either team and I warned him pre-game we would get screwed by Head and Vozzo - he brushed it off as me being a one eyed supporter and that all supporters thought the umpires screwed them - but by the third quarter he could not believe how one sided the umpiring was - and was laughing at the decisions - and by the end he said he had never seen such poor umpiring ... and wanted to know what we had done / said to upset the umpires.

If you went play by play through the game - comparing marking and tackling contests - it would make for a very interesting breakdown.

There is NO DOUBT that there were two sets of rules out there today.

We were royally screwed by the umpires ... and we won ... which is a great sign for the club. We kept our heads and fought on.

The club has to seek a meeting with Geishen - not to complain but to ask him to examine certain plays for clarification and maybe even ask the direction given to umpires in relation to marking contests (comparing Reiwoldts treatment to decisions made against Gdddard / Blake etc) and tackling - especially in regards to prior opportunity / time allowed prior to disposal/ incorrect disposal / diving on ball - pulling ball in etc.

How 3 port players can dive onto the ball and hold it in , with one saints player (McQualter?) coming in to grab them ... and the decision is ball up?

Two weeks and the free kick count is 56 to 28. Will the media pick up on it? It should be a story. Questions should be asked. But will they have balls?

Who really wants to upset the AFL???

We shouldn't! But we have to seek clarification. Quietly. No press. Just make them aware that we are examining decisions and seeking clarification.

If we dont - expect the free kick count VS Collingwood to be heavily in their favour ... and goals from frees to be 4+ for the game.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
ace
Saintsational Legend

AFL - an abbreviation for corruption.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Ice Wolf
Club Player

BackFromUSA wrote:If we dont - expect the free kick count VS Collingwood to be heavily in their favour ... and goals from frees to be 4+ for the game.
The umps will never side with collingwood. That being said next week game could be very frustrating for both teams.

My brother came to the game with me he's a one-eyed pie supporter and he couldn't beleive the one-sideness of the umpires. Absolute disgrace.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Solar wrote:1. people SHOULD never suggest we only complaign about terrible umpiring when we lose. We won and trust me this thread will be very very very long by monday arvo.
If they suggest that, they don't know us very well. Rather than turn this into another thread along the same lines as last week though, I'd suggest we have a long hard look at what we've done on the ground the last couple of weeks that has led to the free kicks progressively going more and more the other way over the course of the game... of course when I say we, I mean the club, because I don't know about everyone else, but I find it hard to hear the player/umpire interaction from up on the Moorabbin wing.

We've got some frustrated players venting on the field, and annoying umpires is not a good idea in any sport.

Learning to play with discipline will probably have better results for us than tinfoil hats... though the entire Moorabbin wing sitting with tinfoil hats on would be a pretty funny way to send a message of frustration.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

yep we were fairly stiff with the umpires today, however it has to be said that you make your own luck in footy.

I'm not sure of the final stats, but Port seemed to have the ball a whole lot more than us- lot easier to get a free kick if you have the pill in your hands.
Last week was the same thing- WC got to the footy first and were rewarded with the 50-50 calls.

We should focus on what WE can control- ie getting the red oval thing.

I am very pessimistic about our chances of finals. Seems to me the Hawks game was the exception to the lyon rule. (pun intended)

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

i have said before that the umpires cheat....got laughed at and called a loser by good posters and tools....after tonight pple can make up their own minds......that incident involving harvey was absolutely disgraceful...not only did it warrent a kick down field it was reportable to boot.....what happened.....?????sweet flower all....... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:I would love to run into Matthew Head one day....
...me too....with a car..... :evil: :evil: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Sobraz
SS Life Member

For the first time ever i found myself honestly wondering whether something corrupt was going on behind all the shocking decisions.. Many sports around the world have been ruined by betting, cheating and corruption, but our game appears clean..

Todays display seriously made me think otherwise... Port were longish odds to win, and the decisions were consistantly wrong in the favour, and overlooked when we were infringed..

Probably a long bow to draw, and I should be sighting their pathetic incompetence as opposed to criminal activity, but it was so wrong so often, surely their not that bad.... are they??!!