Malcolm unloads on Saints!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote: He didn't really dump on MB or RB or the club.

Sounded as confused as anyone as to why RB would be bringing this all up now.
on radio this morning I heard a couple of commentators mention Mike sheahan and the article from yesterday- I wonder if Mike went to RB for a comment on the GT resolution and got more than he asked for in candid comments from RB? Just in general discussion,

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Juggernaut
Club Player

The truth hurts Blighty!
and thats the reason for your verbose response egged on by Quarterpain.

The man that earnt his money after half time was Timmy Lane and Walls with quarters and blighty having trouble to say anything Positive about the Sainters.

By the way Blighty we're not a very bad club, we were just a bad judge of charater.

and finally.....

Suffer in ya jocks quartermain

The strength behind you is always greater than the challenge in front of you
markmark
Club Player

I have a feeling Blighty will be going for the Gold coast coaching job after that bulls--- at halftime.

Bring it on
starsign
Club Player

all that proved Butters is your still as naive as ever
If your stupid enough to go out on such a limb, you needed to back your claim up with the pertinent FACTS re his percieved uncommittment ie the golf et al
Then his only recourse would be to address the FACTS and not be able to deny it through feeble red-herrings such as his past and the hinkley/johnas bits

Just proves again you act/speak without thinking things through clearly ...ie you'r still bloody naive

saint08
Club Player

Rod Butterss. And Malcolm Blight.

Yesterday shows why it is so good that these 2 egomaniacs are gone.

Thank the lord that Footy First got rid of that unbelievably conceited Butterss. It was always all about him , but so often in the article he lacked ( predictably ) the guts to say "I" not "we" in relation to decisions regarding Blight.

Butterrss, just F Off and leave our club alone. He is obviously so sad that no one writes about him and wife number 2 anymore. Sorry the limelight has gone, but if you had ANY self respect you'd just stop talking to the media. You are not wanted. Accept it and stop being so pathetic as to need to see your name in the papers.

If your life was full and happy, you would have moved on. Focus on how you can get your million unpaid off Thommo if you must, but just leave our club out of it.

Lenny = legend
Club Player

saint08,
I agree that Butterss should stay away from stkilda BUT if you were approached by mike sheehan and offered a 3/4 figured sum youd also ark up. i don't think rod is desperate for the limelight.

you're right about blight being an egomaniac though.

saintwill66
Club Player

The official history of St Kilda FC 2001-2006 has yet to be written, and I for one hope that someone like Nathan Burke and/or Robert Harvey provide the REAL FACTS of the sacking of Blight followed by the appointment of Thomas.

Up to now all we are hearing is the prejudiced views of Blight, Thomas & Butterrs, and none of us are in a position to judge that what each of them have said so far is the truth.

Blight's previous record as a coach is up there with the best, but it should have been realised that the St Kilda Board literally begging Blight to take on the job when he was not really interested was bound to come to grief, given the intense political climate pervading at St Kilda in those days.

So come on Burkey, Harvs, please put the record straight - long-suffering Saints supporters deserve to know the facts........

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintwill66 wrote: Up to now all we are hearing is the prejudiced views of Blight, Thomas & Butterrs, and none of us are in a position to judge that what each of them have said so far is the truth.
Well said saintwill66

DId I hear correctly last night that Blight stated that we (the Saints) 'sacked Jonas and Hinckley as well as him?

If so, then that is totally at odds with what Hinckley was reported as saying at the time.

I distinctly recall him saying he was 'quitting' becasue Blaight got sacked. The Club, AFAIK, did not sack him and Jonas.

Therefore Blight's version of events is inaccurate as far as that point is concerned.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Malcolm Blight should have every right of reply to respond in the media about the article on Butterss written by Sheahan. He after all does work for the media these days. He has kept his mouth quiet for 7 years. And I reckon he has wanted to speak out about it before.

If you don't like what he says then you don't have to listen to it. Suck it up and get on with it.

Mute the TV for god's sakes. Walk out the room even....

But he is entitled to what he had to say.

It's a bit hypocritical on some people's behalfs. Why is it perfectly acceptable for one of our ex-coaches to have a voice about the St Kilda Football Club in the media, and for his views to be accepted by some people on here, but not the other?

Both of them got sucked in and then bent over by the ex-president in the end - that's about the only thing in common both of them have.

And FWIW we will probably never know what transpired, once again speculation and those "in the know" will dominate this topic.

Just another thing that will prompt the usual debate!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote:Malcolm Blight should have every right of reply to respond in the media about the article on Butterss written by Sheahan. He after all does work for the media these days. He has kept his mouth quiet for 7 years. And I reckon he has wanted to speak out about it before.

If you don't like what he says then you don't have to listen to it. Suck it up and get on with it.

Mute the TV for god's sakes. Walk out the room even....

But he is entitled to what he had to say.

It's a bit hypocritical on some people's behalfs. Why is it perfectly acceptable for one of our ex-coaches to have a voice about the St Kilda Football Club in the media, and for his views to be accepted by some people on here, but not the other?

Both of them got sucked in and then bent over by the ex-president in the end - that's about the only thing in common both of them have.

And FWIW we will probably never know what transpired, once again speculation and those "in the know" will dominate this topic.

I have no issue with Malcolm Blight saying or doing what he wants.

BUT, when he 'bags' my CLub (not the Board, President,players etc, but the Club) like he did last night then I, and others have the right to defend our Club against FALSE ACCUSATIONS.

If the basis of his tirade last night was an objection to RB questioning his commitment, and he chooses to use a 'false premise' to defend his 'commitment' then everybody is entitled to know that he is not portraying the scenario acuurately.

I don't recall anybody publicly claiming that Jonas and Hinckley or anybody other than Blight had a 'commitment problem' with us. It wasn't in Sheahan's article either, yet Blight chose to group Jonas and Hinckley with himself.

I note that Blight never complained about the 2 million dolllars he collected from this gig coaching our very bad Club. He had no ethical issues taking on the job (and the money) - it's ok to take money from a 'bad Club' but not to be sacked by them?

Blight knew what he was getting himself into as much as the Saints knew what they were getting themselves into by appointing him.
He was on the sub-committee that was vetting the alternatives for the coaching postioin for months beforehand, He had meetings and conversations with the very same people who apponited him and eventually sacked him so he should of known who/what they were and what their knowledge of running a footabll club was.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote:Malcolm Blight should have every right of reply to respond in the media about the article on Butterss written by Sheahan. He after all does work for the media these days. He has kept his mouth quiet for 7 years. And I reckon he has wanted to speak out about it before.

Both of them got sucked in and then bent over by the ex-president in the end - that's about the only thing in common both of them have.And FWIW we will probably never know what transpired, once again speculation and those "in the know" will dominate this topic.

Good post.....but not quite correct in that GT was Director of football...so he would have most likely have been the key shafter of MB....

Interesting hearing an ex Crow (Bickley??) and Billy B talk on Blight this morning. I found it inteesting as i had previouslly assumed that what was said about Blight was that during his coaching time with us that he was not putting in the hours etc etc....but his two former players were basically saying that was how Blight worked and had always worked. (Now whether that type of coach being what you need when you havea lot of raw players is another question).

They in essence said that RB and GT did not do their homework as the Blight working style they refused to accept was exactly how he did things at the Crows and Cats.

Now yes we were entering an era of when time demands on a head coach were being ramped up.....and yes maybe GT and RB were in their minds expecting more hours....BUT did they communicate this to MB before he started???

Or was a it case of tow people "buying" a dream rather than really nutting out what they really wanted and were buying?

I guess what I am saying is did RB and GT really think through the MB appointment in advance....and in appointing him did ALL parties actually agree in advance to what expectations were???

Given the widely divergent stories it would appear that what both parties thought should be delivered, and what was acceptable were quite different.

But if you buy an apple...should you complain later that what you really wanted was an orange?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

I now have the proof that RL is a master coach.
The rumour is that during the half time break, he quietly walked over to the TV and turned it on.

Nothing like a moron getting stuck into you, to get a bit of motivation.

Blight failed at geelong, the only reason he ended up with two flags was Jarman, and when it came to builiding a team, the crows moved him on quickly.

Cudos to RB for the marketing coup, but it was a bad personnel decision, & luckily he didnt stubbornly defend that decision for the duration of the contract.
MB ripped us a $1 million hole, never forget that.

Seeya
walski
Club Player

saintwill66 wrote:The official history of St Kilda FC 2001-2006 has yet to be written, and I for one hope that someone like Nathan Burke and/or Robert Harvey provide the REAL FACTS of the sacking of Blight followed by the appointment of Thomas.

Up to now all we are hearing is the prejudiced views of Blight, Thomas & Butterrs, and none of us are in a position to judge that what each of them have said so far is the truth.

Blight's previous record as a coach is up there with the best, but it should have been realised that the St Kilda Board literally begging Blight to take on the job when he was not really interested was bound to come to grief, given the intense political climate pervading at St Kilda in those days.

So come on Burkey, Harvs, please put the record straight - long-suffering Saints supporters deserve to know the facts........
Agreed! Burke should as he part of the "Footy First" board and the club need to start with clean slate just like the team on the field. So issues like this never raise it's head again and dealt in the proper manner.

Supporters deserve it.

As much as it pains me to say this kinda s*** does not happen at other clubs in the afl....

walski
Club Player

sunsaint wrote:Cudos to RB for the marketing coup, but it was a bad personnel decision, & luckily he didnt stubbornly defend that decision for the duration of the contract.
MB ripped us a $1 million hole, never forget that.
That's all he did was marketing seriously. Butterss was only there at the end when our list got better and took all the credit (He did SFA otherwise a true hype machine). Happy to see his back hopefully MB and RB can have it out in a car pack somewhere.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

brown-coat wrote:Blight had Gehrig playing full back.

Alert alert alert.
Blight also had Barry Hall playing at full back

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:[
Good post.....but not quite correct in that GT was Director of football...so he would have most likely have been the key shafter of MB....

not according to grant on the radio yesterday...said he had nothing to do with it.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

not according to grant on the radio yesterday...said he had nothing to do with it.....
If you hate GT he is outright lying if you like him he is telling the truth. SR thinks he is lying.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
brown-coat wrote:Blight had Gehrig playing full back.

Alert alert alert.
Blight also had Barry Hall playing at full back

glad to see you posting mate.......not only did he have hall at full back......he had harvey out the door along with loewe and burke......

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

If you hate GT he is outright lying if you like him he is telling the truth. SR thinks he is lying.

why would he lie.......

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

why would he lie.......
I agree.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Of course GT had nothing to do with it. He bleeds St Kilda... for as much as he can get :roll:

The worm has no cred whatsoever given that he accepted the job after a sham process, yet sues the club.

Couldn't give a toss what he says or what RB or MB say.

GT was part of the appointment process of MB, and both he and Butthead should have fallen on their sword after the stuff up.

Given how close GT was with RB at the time, I find it difficult to beleive that the decision was made to sack MB without consulting GT.

All person-non-grata AFAIAC

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:Of course GT had nothing to do with it. He bleeds St Kilda... for as much as he can get :roll:

The worm has no cred whatsoever given that he accepted the job after a sham process, yet sues the club.

Couldn't give a toss what he says or what RB or MB say.

GT was part of the appointment process of MB, and both he and Butthead should have fallen on their sword after the stuff up.

Given how close GT was with RB at the time, I find it difficult to beleive that the decision was made to sack MB without consulting GT.

All person-non-grata AFAIAC
Told you stinger.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Hate is a very strong wod P66.

All that I've seen since GT's sacking is an ongoing soap opera that has done nothing to advance this club.

F*** them all. I wish they'd find a hole on the ground and get swallowed up.

It's not just GT. It's both of them. They had their turn, and I thank them for what they did. But please, stop the crap.

It serves no one's purpose but their own. They BOTH stodd straight faced and told us that GT was appointed as per the "process" and he wasn't.

They both lied to the members FFS. And took our money.

So why should I believe either of them?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
GSG
Club Player

Malcolm Blight took the St. Kilda coaching job purely for the money, the $1m offered.
I clearly remember how shocked I was at Blighty’s tirade about St. Kilda only a few months before, such as …basket case ….. the club should not be in the AFL at all!! and much worse Then he accepts a coaching job. It was a monumental blunder by the club. They hired a management consultant instead of a coach, and one who was only in it for himself.
I was stunned and horrified when he was appointed (much to the disgust of everybody around me), and I was thrilled when he got the sack!

Also remember, the guy walked into a ready-made premiership team with Adelaide. I think any other coach could have won the flag. After two flags, when he needed to put a bit more effort into the club, particularly with the younger brigade, he couldn’t cope with and simply walked away. I didn’t like him then, so his bleating and whining now is no surprise. And no, Butterss should not have opened his gob

stinger
Saintsational Legend

GSG wrote:Malcolm Blight took the St. Kilda coaching job purely for the money, the $1m offered.
I clearly remember how shocked I was at Blighty’s tirade about St. Kilda only a few months before, such as …basket case ….. the club should not be in the AFL at all!! and much worse Then he accepts a coaching job. It was a monumental blunder by the club. They hired a management consultant instead of a coach, and one who was only in it for himself.
I was stunned and horrified when he was appointed (much to the disgust of everybody around me), and I was thrilled when he got the sack!

Also remember, the guy walked into a ready-made premiership team with Adelaide. I think any other coach could have won the flag. After two flags, when he needed to put a bit more effort into the club, particularly with the younger brigade, he couldn’t cope with and simply walked away. I didn’t like him then, so his bleating and whining now is no surprise. And no, Butterss should not have opened his gob

well said....