If I was Dal Santo......

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Re: If I was Dal Santo......

Spinner wrote:I would seriously want the club to lose this week, i'd be so filthy.
...and then I'd shoot myself for being a pathetic squib.

Get real, this is the tap on the shoulder Dal needs...he's cruising around the oval collecting a wage at the moment, and we all know he's better than that.

I want NDS to prove me right when years ago, someone said "Bet ya wish ya had someone like Judd in ya team", and I replied "Pffft...we got Dal Santo". So far, I'm lookin' like a goose.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Spinner wrote:I would seriously want the club to lose this week, i'd be so filthy.
...and then I'd shoot myself for being a pathetic squib.
QUOTE OF THE YEAR

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:poor Ross he cuts some one hes a fool he doesnt hes a soft coach who doesnt want to upset the apple cart :roll: you cant have it both ways
he can cut someone, but cut someone who deserves it

dropping Dal and keeping the likes of Gwilt in the team is an absolute joke
yeah cause droppin Gwit will get the message across :roll: seriously
put away your hatered of RL and see that this is a message to the team the just enuff is not good enuff . the players need to be out of their cozy comfort zones where they know "im a big name player i dont have to try as hard" will not float any more

you yourself have said the season is over and to play the kids well this is how you do that , the result is no longer important its the effort and Dal obviously hasnt put in the effort that the coaching staff expect of him . its a gutsy move by RL and in the long run i think it will be a good call for dal to get a kick in the assdominate the scorps and come back eger to prove his worth

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
linz
Club Player

I want to see Dal get out of his comfort zone & do some gut-running hard stuff like the best midfielders do. 100% not 99%.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
twirlyhair
Club Player

Spinner wrote:I would seriously want the club to lose this week, i'd be so filthy. Without a doubt, I want them to struggle and regret using me as an unworthy scape goat. Thats how I would feel as an AFL player in his position, and anyone that has played would know that player loyalty isn't the same one of which keeps us all logging into this site.

Remember these players don't come from the same supporter depth as fans....They actually barracked for other (and probably more successful) AFL teams. Id be already half way to earning double the money, and more accurate to my worth If I was Nick.

This is an absolute slap in the face for the bloke. And regardless of the result on the weekend, or for the rest of the season, I am truly embarrassed to be a St Kilda supporter today.

We have done the opposition a favor, and well and truly continued to be a laughing stock of opposition fans.

Looks like Gehrig wasn't enough of a scapegoat.
Wow! What a reaction! Dal and Milne refused to follow orders againts the swans..they were sent back to defend and refused point blank to give to the team. For this, players must be dropped. Have you ever played footy?

Winmar
Club Player

I think it's a great move. Dal's great with the ball, but he's one of the laziest players I've seen without it.

markp
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
The_Dud wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:poor Ross he cuts some one hes a fool he doesnt hes a soft coach who doesnt want to upset the apple cart :roll: you cant have it both ways

put away your hatered of RL and see that this is a message to the team the just enuff is not good enuff . the players need to be out of their cozy comfort zones where they know "im a big name player i dont have to try as hard" will not float any more

you yourself have said the season is over and to play the kids well this is how you do that , the result is no longer important its the effort and Dal obviously hasnt put in the effort that the coaching staff expect of him . its a gutsy move by RL and in the long run i think it will be a good call for dal to get a kick in the assdominate the scorps and come back eger to prove his worth
That sums it up nicely, and should be the last word on it.... have a feeling it wont be though.

This anti RL vitriol is getting out of hand now......

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Lyon is damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't. No single player should be bigger than the club; if the match committee decide Dal can be a better player long term for a stint in the 2's it's their call to make. Who among us here is close enough to the inner sanctum of the club to honestly second guess them?

I reckon we look a bit underpowered this week, nonetheless. Hopefully the kids fire up a bit. I still wonder where the goals will come from.

twirlyhair
Club Player

markp wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
The_Dud wrote:

Here Here! Ross has given these primadonnas plenty of time to prove themselves...they now him and us....
That sums it up nicely, and should be the last word on it.... have a feeling it wont be though.

This anti RL vitriol is getting out of hand now......

Tassie Saint
Club Player
Location: In the wilds of Tassie - Where boys become men, and cousins become wives

as a current player, albeit at a much much lower level, and having experienced being dropped, I can say from personal experience that it can be taken two ways, and the way you take it speaks volumes for you as a person and player.

You can A) Whinge, bitch, moan, cry, hope they lose, start thinking about the future, be filthy etc etc.

or you can B) Suck it up, work your arse off and try to prove to the coach why they made the wrong call.

Reality (ours anyway) says that this is a harsh call on Dal - especially with 'less talented' players in the team. As for 'Blake should be dropped before Dal', as good as Dal is, Blake can play taller than Dal you can't play 18 midfielders and 4 talls, we would get blitzed in the air.

Make no mistake, Dal would have been told exactly why he was being dropped and what the coaching panel required of him to earn his spot back in the side. And I hope to God that he is a player that reacts with the B mentality and busts his arse this week to show he deserves to be there, and realises that sort of efforts that Lyon, his teammates (especially Harvey) and us as supporters expect of someone with the sublime talent that Dal possesses.

Caaaaaarn you Sainters!!
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

It's too late to change Dal Santo isn't it?

If he's not a hard working player at this stage of his career he never will be IMO.

He's the sort of guy who would walk out on the club after such a debacle because he can easily go to a better club, maintain his lazy style but still be a star.

There is a rotten foul stench rising from everything stkilda at the moment. The core of the club is a stinking rotting carcass.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

brown-coat wrote:It's too late to change Dal Santo isn't it?

If he's not a hard working player at this stage of his career he never will be IMO.

He's the sort of guy who would walk out on the club after such a debacle because he can easily go to a better club, maintain his lazy style but still be a star.

There is a rotten foul stench rising from everything stkilda at the moment. The core of the club is a stinking rotting carcass.
...and you my friend appear to be revelling in it :roll: :roll: :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Mooksy
Club Player

Spinner wrote:I would seriously want the club to lose this week, i'd be so filthy. Without a doubt, I want them to struggle and regret using me as an unworthy scape goat. Thats how I would feel as an AFL player in his position, and anyone that has played would know that player loyalty isn't the same one of which keeps us all logging into this site.

Remember these players don't come from the same supporter depth as fans....They actually barracked for other (and probably more successful) AFL teams. Id be already half way to earning double the money, and more accurate to my worth If I was Nick.

This is an absolute slap in the face for the bloke. And regardless of the result on the weekend, or for the rest of the season, I am truly embarrassed to be a St Kilda supporter today.

We have done the opposition a favor, and well and truly continued to be a laughing stock of opposition fans.

This is the stupidest post I've seen on here. And that's saying something.

ratismeat
Club Player

Its a good move, Dal's a champ and he'll be back within a couple of weeks (probably next week) - finally RL is taking some BIG steps. If they're the wrong steps he'll get the sack at the end of his contract, if they're the right steps he'll get renewal and we'll get a flag. Until then we're stuck with him so settle... :lol: :lol:
Some fresh faces this week, should be an exciting prospect guys...

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

brown-coat wrote:There is a rotten foul stench rising from everything stkilda at the moment. The core of the club is a stinking rotting carcass.
Get your nose out of your brown stain. You are the only stinking carcass about here.

You are loving the Saints being down. You are a disgusting piece of excretia.
A skidmark on the toilet bowl of life.

A brown stain in fact.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Pffft.

If I was Dal....

I'd suck it up and try to get a hard kick in the magoos. He needs to work harder. Much harder. Lazy, Lazy footballer who is just coasting on his god given talent. Now he is being found out.
I am truly embarrassed to be a St Kilda supporter today.
I'm embarrassed to be a St.Kilda supporter after reading the above quoted post.

Dal, like others, deservers a freakin rocket.

The sooner some of the crew on here learn to look past the flowering hero worship and see that he has been struggling.

About three weeks too late.
Last edited by bigred on Thu 19 Jun 2008 10:15pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
bethb7
Club Player

We all know Dal hasn't been in the form of his life, but I don't think he deserved to be dropped. The guy still averages 24 disposals a game and I think does have an impact. But then again this may be the turning point of his career if he does or doesn't play he may just get his reality cheak and realize he isn't s shoe in for senior selection each week. Milne deserved to be dropped good to see Lyon has taken some sort of charge.

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon
linz
Club Player

I would rather see Gwilt with one tenth of Dal's natural ability play at 100% than see Dal play at 90%. Teamates are inspired when lesser lights such as Eddy, Jones or Ferguson suddenly do the unexpected. When players like Riewoldt or Kosi miss goals from 30 metres out the opposite occurs & teamates understandably wonder what's the point busting a gut.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:I'd ask to be traded.
If that was your response Id get the best deal I could for you.
see you later.

“Yeah….nah””
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

linz wrote:I would rather see Gwilt with one tenth of Dal's natural ability play at 100% than see Dal play at 90%. Teamates are inspired when lesser lights such as Eddy, Jones or Ferguson suddenly do the unexpected. When players like Riewoldt or Kosi miss goals from 30 metres out the opposite occurs & teamates understandably wonder what's the point busting a gut.
Exactly. Good post. Roo is killing our spirit at the moment. He should be moved up the ground because he aint a forward at the moment and honestly he's been struggling in front of the big sticks for too long. I suspect his knee won't allow him to play in the center though.

robbo_25
Club Player

Dal will be back better then ever

robbo
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:
brown-coat wrote:There is a rotten foul stench rising from everything stkilda at the moment. The core of the club is a stinking rotting carcass.
Get your nose out of your brown stain. You are the only stinking carcass about here.

You are loving the Saints being down. You are a disgusting piece of excretia.
A skidmark on the toilet bowl of life.

A brown stain in fact.
I miss your lovely comments!

nicko016
Club Player

The proof will be in the pudding when in a months time we can see how he has turned it around. I don't think it will have that greater negative impact yet it could have a profoundly positive effect.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Spinner wrote:It's funny, we have the moron brigade criticizing the fact that Armitage was dropped albeit his 4 touches the previous week......Yet people seem to be content with the dropping of Dal Santo.

We have some absolute dicks on this site, it hardly makes it worth the effort.
I dont agree with Dal being dropped but your OP was pathetic. If Dal Santo cant show some true heart in the reserves he is welcome to spit it and get traded at seasons end.

Show the world the coach was wrong to drop you not sook and squib it.

Dal Santo is no sook or squib. He will face the dropping like a grown up and will be back bigger and better than ever.

Dal anto will be fine. However Milne, Fiora, Schneider, Raph Clarke should seriously consider if they want to play AFL football and start pulling their fingers out.
You are correct. He will take it like a man (I hope) because of the person he is.....But I wouldn't want to play for a team that orchestrated me as a scape goat.

Some key points:
1 - I dont think Dal Santos form has warranted omittion.
2 - I think he has been used as the scape goat....the big name to send the message to the playing group.

And for those two reasons alone, I would tell the St Kilda Football Club to go stick it, and find a suitable trade for me at the end of the season. And if I was really pissed, Id enter the pre-season draft.

If RL and the St K FC aren't willing to play him combined with the fact he didn't deserve being dropped and was used to send a message to others.....Well I wouldn't blame him for not wanting to be there.

And to those dickheads who are shouting "lets see him dominate in the reserves before he comes back up..." What the f*** for? How does that help St Kilda in the slightest?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Mooksy wrote:

This is the stupidest post I've seen on here. And that's saying something.
Just let more organise my stuff for my written reply to your arguments/opinion/thoughts on the topic.....

Oh wait.....