Big Decisions

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbob
SS Life Member

Big Decisions

I think the time is right to face reality, Our side is going no where with this current list its time to make some drastic changes.

Rooy - Needs to be traded, before its too late. His body is stuffed,hence the 10 rolls of elastoplast every week. Lets tade him while the rest of the league still rates him. Will jump ship anyway

Dal Santo - Great outside player, however he's only ever any good when the balls rolling our way.

Milne - Shouldn't be playing VFL let alone AFL

Fiora - Finished as AFL an player, probably never was.

Clarke Brothers - Both overated, might just get some interest from other clubs.

Birss- Too slow

If we trade this lot off, then maybe we might get a few early draft picks.
:evil:

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Big Decisions

saintbob wrote:I think the time is right to face reality, Our side is going no where with this current list its time to make some drastic changes.

Rooy - Needs to be traded, before its too late. His body is stuffed,hence the 10 rolls of elastoplast every week. Lets tade him while the rest of the league still rates him. Will jump ship anyway

Dal Santo - Great outside player, however he's only ever any good when the balls rolling our way.

Birss- Too slow

Agreed....in part.

Roo - probably will jump ship, will go to the pre-season draft where the gold coast will have first 5 or so picks, and we'll get nothing. Seriously lacking in the leadership side of things at the moment too.

Dal Santo - disagree, looks to have been pretty good over the last few weeks when we haven't been too great. Very important to keep some class around hayes/ball.

Milne - i've never been a massive fan, but without him this year, we'd be really battling. Wasn't good yesterday, but there isn't anyone else on the list anywhere near him.

Fiora - don't get me started. If capuano was sacked for being mediocre, where does that leave fiora. Casey 2's for mine, don't take up a spot in casey ones that a chivers or conners could use.

Clarkes - No point trading raph, we'd be lucky to get a pick above 70 for him. Just delist and move on. X is one i'd keep. He is in our best 22, and his attack on the ball, and his love of the club, can't be questioned. If only his body was the same.

Birss - is slow, but he's been one of our better players the last 2 weeks. If he can play on the HFF and kick 2 a game, he's much better in the team than out, slow or not.

Another one i'd be looking closely at is schnieder. He has given us nothing, and get's tackled too often. Has no awareness of whats around him, can't kick set shots, and isn't overly pacey either.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Sure. Let's have a Carltonesque 5 years on the bottom by trading all of our quality. :roll:

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

saintbob wrote: Rooy - Needs to be traded, before its too late. His body is stuffed,hence the 10 rolls of elastoplast every week. Lets tade him while the rest of the league still rates him. Will jump ship anyway

Birss- Too slow

I would definitely trade Raph if any team would take him. I'd keep X - he was one of our better players this season before he got injured.

Agree on Birss, Fiora and Milne. Milne has worked hard this year but against the good teams he never delivers.

Disagree about Rooey. You don't trade CHF's of his quality. People were calling Ball the elastoplast guy 12-18 months ago and look how he's playing now?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

QuestionOfAccuracy wrote:
saintbob wrote: Rooy - Needs to be traded, before its too late. His body is stuffed,hence the 10 rolls of elastoplast every week. Lets tade him while the rest of the league still rates him. Will jump ship anyway

Birss- Too slow

I would definitely trade Raph if any team would take him. I'd keep X - he was one of our better players this season before he got injured.

Agree on Birss, Fiora and Milne. Milne has worked hard this year but against the good teams he never delivers.

Disagree about Rooey. You don't trade CHF's of his quality. People were calling Ball the elastoplast guy 12-18 months ago and look how he's playing now?
So you want to trade four guys that no one would want. That is called delisting and we cannot just delist Milne, Raph and Birss because they are not worth getting rid of for nothing.