Team Vs. Brisbane

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:B: Blake, Hudghton, L.Fisher
HB: Geary, S.Fisher, Goddard
C: Gram, Hayes, Montagna
HF: Schneider, Riewoldt, Armitage
F: Allen, Koschitzke, Milne

Foll: M.Gardiner, Ball, Dal Santo
Int: Birss, Fiora, Harvey, King

Emg: R.Clarke, McEvoy, Steven

OUT: C.Gardiner, R.Clarke, Dempster, Gehrig
IN: Allen, Fiora, Geary, Riewoldt
like the look of that.

who would get brown? max? blake?

maybe ferguson for schneider. haven't been overly impressed by him. highly skilled, but a bit small

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:ike the look of that.

who would get brown? max? blake?
S.Fisher v Brown
Hudghton v Bradshaw
Blake v Clark

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

saintsRrising wrote:
maverick wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
ben_fff wrote:
sax wrote:Why have you all got it in for Dempster?
He didn't have a bad game there were about 12 worse players than him!!
It's not all about stats but here are his from Friday!
13 kicks, 8 HB, 21 P, 7 Ma, 2 Tac, 3 FF, 1 FA

Not too bad I think!!!
But what impact did his possesions have? I only listened to the radiocast and didn't really notice him, I just feel the last few games I've seen he has made little to no impact and we're at a point where Ross is trying to push that we're attacking, it could all start by playing more attacking players.
The Pies game was Dempster's best for the Saints.
SRR, usually like your posts, but I thought Dempster was by far our worst Friday night. He was on Didak, who was their only effective forward, cannot tackle to save his life and kicks sideways more than CJ.

For me he is the first one dropped.

Didak is a very good player.

In all but 2 games this year he has had more than 20 disposals. This was one of his sub-20 games....though yes he nailed 3 goals.

Davis had 29 disposals.

Now I am not saying that dempter hada good game,,,,,but I think it is along way from being as bad as some see it.

However would I be upset if Geary or Baker came in for Dempster? = No
Dempster's disposal makes Raph Clarke look like Nick Dal Santo. He's gathering touches by being unnacountable and then wasting a lot of it.

In his defense, it's a very different approach to how he's played in the past (ultra accountable, no touches), so may take some getting used to for him. I hesitate to give up on anyone based on a towelling at the hands of a good player, but my rope is shorter for Dempster because I didn't want him in the first place. I do like the game he's trying to play better than the one he's played in the past, so there's plenty of room to win me over...

I have no doubt he'll be selected against Brisbane, but needs to deliver more one way or another. Right now I'm honestly not sure whether he's a defensive stopper who isn't stopping, or a defensive runner who isn't getting it done.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
HarveysDeciple

Not too bad I think!!!

This is the team I'd pick for this week!

B: Baker, Hudghton, L. Fisher
HB: Gram, S. Fisher, Goddard
C: Montagna, Hayes, Jones
HF: Harvey, Riewoldt, Schneider
F: Milne, Koschitzke, Allen
1R: M. Gardiner, Dal Santo, Ball
Int: King, Armitage, Blake, Dempster

In: Riewoldt, Baker, Jones, Allen
Out: Gehrig, C. Gardiner, R. Clarke, Birss
agree mostly with that, except Birss kept Heath Shaw very quiet and should be kept for a similar role on a MacDonald or Adcock type player as he can also kick a goal.
Maybe One more out, L.Fisher did a good shut down role but Bakes could do that and hurt the opposition a bit more.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

On Dempster....IF Baker comes in then you would expect him to replace a defensive player..

Options would include L Fisher, Dempster and Raph (though Raph was I think meant to be offensive against the Pies...but seemed to spend a lot of the game running around not knowing what he was doing).

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Just a thought...if Rooey is not ready this week, would you still drop the G-Train? Brisbane have done well the last few weeks, but big key forwards have still kicked a bag on 'em...like Fev on the weekend. Would G still be a consideration, give Kosi hasn't really proven himself as a FF yet?

kp83
Club Player

Not too bad I think!!!
Wow, we must have been watching a different game. I thought Dempster was very poor. On 2 occassions he gathered the ball in our back half and tried a 5 metre kick to a team mate that didn't even make the distance- just dribbled along the ground for the pies to gather. He constantly turned the ball over by foot and dropped an uncontested overhead mark in the back pocket near the end of the game. He was terrible and must only play on form, not the fact that he is a premiership player.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Forget Gehrig, he's had it. We can't keep going back to the form of previous years -this year is all that counts, and there's a few passengers who we seem to be hoping will magically come good and show some kind of form.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Meh. Just a wildcard...probably prefer Allen got a shot, but I had noticed that good big forwards still have success against the Lions. Otherwise, I thought I'd get off to a good start with this forum by proving I'm totally insane.