No Chance against Brisbane

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rama35
Club Player

No Chance against Brisbane

Well im sorry to say this and i really hope i am wrong,but at the moment we have no chance aginst Brisbane this weekend.
Call it from lack of depth or because of injuries but we cant win.
Brisbane seem to be playing for each other this year and i just dont think we have as a group,sure at times we have looked good but to be honest we have only beaten one decent team this year in Sydney,the other wins,carlton,essendon and richmond are teams that wont come close to making the eight.
Its been another disapointing season so far this year and im am starting to wonder if Ross Lyon does have the answers.
Good luck this week boys,you will need it.
Ramma35

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

"rama35"?

What are you: an Essendon supporter or a Saints supporter (or perhaps a Hindu fan of Robert Harvey)?

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

i think we have a chance against brisbane, there not that good.....it will be a great game and if roo is back then we might win

Lennon
Club Player

Roo won't (shouldn't) be back though. If they rush him back because they're panicking I will be pissed. He was already carrying an injury.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Crap, we are a big chance as said if Rooeys back, we are playing very well just not up forward, just not getting the chocolates

Before Im 85
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

in a 2 horse race we are always a chance .. Bris are not super humans a full game effort will be needed to beat them but we are still a chance

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

If Roo plays we are a chance.

Gehrig will be dropped/retired, Leigh Fisher looks gone also (poor form), plus we may see Allen debut.

Bakes return may be handy against the run of Brisbane, that is if we see the Bakes of last year!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Rocket
Club Player

Pathetic record...if you can grab the $1.50!!

# Year Rd Team Score Versus Score Gnd Result Marg
1 2007 2
Bris Lions 15.12 (102) vs St Kilda 7.8 (50) Gab WON 52
2 2006 22
Bris Lions 7.15 (57) vs St Kilda 16.12 (108) Gab Lost -51
3 2005 1
Bris Lions 18.8 (116) vs St Kilda 13.15 (93) Gab WON 23
4 2004 1QF
Bris Lions 23.11 (149) vs St Kilda 10.9 (69) Gab WON 80
5 2004 21
Bris Lions 20.10 (130) vs St Kilda 13.7 (85) Gab WON 45
6 2002 11
Bris Lions 16.17 (113) vs St Kilda 7.10 (52) Gab WON 61
7 2001 14
Bris Lions 17.17 (119) vs St Kilda 9.8 (62) Gab WON 57
8 2000 21
Bris Lions 23.15 (153) vs St Kilda 8.15 (63) Gab WON 90

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:If Roo plays we are a chance.

Gehrig will be dropped/retired, Leigh Fisher looks gone also (poor form), plus we may see Allen debut.

Bakes return may be handy against the run of Brisbane, that is if we see the Bakes of last year!
Leigh Fisher played on Lockyer and kept him to 3-4 touches before he kicked that goal...no he didnt do much the other way but was not our worst by a long shot IMO

Grammy played on Leon davis if we want to point the finger at players seriously out of form. NO defensive pressure and is the priime offender of this "coralling rather than tackling" mentality

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Buckets
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:

Leigh Fisher played on Lockyer and kept him to 3-4 touches before he kicked that goal...no he didnt do much the other way but was not our worst by a long shot IMO

Grammy played on Leon davis if we want to point the finger at players seriously out of form. NO defensive pressure and is the priime offender of this "coralling rather than tackling" mentality
I hate that sooooooo much just fricken tackle them. Good point on Gram no defensive side to his game may need to change position or find someone to replace him.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:

fair call.....I still don't see much future in Fisher, but perhaps it's time for Gram to refocus in the magoos.

Perhaps he (and a few others) should learn what "manning up" means and when it's important.

"Zoning off" doesn't really cut the mustard, as it gives the opposition too much time to plan a counter-attack and run all over us.

PRESSURE THEM SAINTERS FFS!!!!!!!

EDIT: Just noticed the weather forecast for Brissie on Sunday is for showers and a top of 23.....not too bad considering the 1.10pm start.

Bring on some very heavy showers and wind!!!
Last edited by saintspremiers on Mon 19 May 2008 3:36pm, edited 1 time in total.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Newman
Club Player

I agree with Rama. I live in Brisbane - have seen us win at Gabba just once since Lockett moved on. We've lost practice games to Brisbane, night games, day games ... etc. and sad to say when we lose - we lose badly to Lions. I HOPE and really want to believe that we can beat Brisbane. But on form - and comparing to Brisbane's form, I give us very little chance. I hate saying that ... and no matter how 'positive thinking' my brain can get - it won't change a thing. The win will be up to 21 players in red, black and white giving their 100% all, playing smart and ... nullifying Brown!

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I've blown the last 3 weeks in a row on tipping us in tight games. This is another tight game and while I thought we were "okay" against the Pies, Brisbane will give us HELL up there! I hope I'm wrong, but this week (the first time ever I've tipped against us) I'm tipping Brisbane :cry:

Where is the change going to come for us?? Our forward line needs something extra somewhere and at the moment we've lost whatever we had with Gehrig (cos he's just not up to it) and Roo (because he's not quite right and definately should not play! Certainly not up there anyway!) Our forward line is the most frustrating in the league at times, and right now isn't producing the results!! :x

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:I've blown the last 3 weeks in a row on tipping us in tight games. This is another tight game and while I thought we were "okay" against the Pies, Brisbane will give us HELL up there! I hope I'm wrong, but this week (the first time ever I've tipped against us) I'm tipping Brisbane :cry:

Where is the change going to come for us?? Our forward line needs something extra somewhere and at the moment we've lost whatever we had with Gehrig (cos he's just not up to it) and Roo (because he's not quite right and definately should not play! Certainly not up there anyway!) Our forward line is the most frustrating in the league at times, and right now isn't producing the results!! :x
we need allen or mcevoy up there,

we need roo on the wing (look at richo)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ralphysaints35 wrote:
St. Luke wrote:I've blown the last 3 weeks in a row on tipping us in tight games. This is another tight game and while I thought we were "okay" against the Pies, Brisbane will give us HELL up there! I hope I'm wrong, but this week (the first time ever I've tipped against us) I'm tipping Brisbane :cry:

we need allen or mcevoy up there,

we need roo on the wing (look at richo)
Look at Buddy look at fev look at Bradshaw and Brown. You want roo on a wing when he is a natural forward and you want McEvoy in the forward line when he is a natural ruckman.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Nick R will be with me in the stands. I'm taking up my dvd of round 22, 2005.

rama35
Club Player

meher baba wrote:"rama35"?
Im A Saint supporter Pal,i have followed them all my life,i just think we will stuggle this week!!! Talk to me next week if i am wrong,i will be the first to admit my mistake,ant you allowed to have an opinion on here!!!
What are you: an Essendon supporter or a Saints supporter (or perhaps a Hindu fan of Robert Harvey)?

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Always a chance.

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

y do we have so many taggers who cant get the ball themselves? Baker, Fisher, Blake, Birss... surely we dont need this many... how r we supposed to win the game yes they limit their players but they get less of it too... Baker is the only decent player out of that bunch

saintsrokk
Club Player

saintsrus wrote:Crap, we are a big chance as said if Rooeys back, we are playing very well just not up forward, just not getting the chocolates
I Agree 100% :wink:
________
Honda mt125 history
Last edited by saintsrokk on Fri 18 Feb 2011 9:02pm, edited 1 time in total.

Winmarvellous
Club Player

If we don't win our next three, we might as well pack it in and go for the draft picks while we can. Can't see us beating Brisbane, and our style of play isn't gonna ram our percentage down anyones throat, so I thinks our season is over. Top four is out of the question, and so too our chances of a premiership. I'd rather be abysmal for a couple of seasons and reap the rewards, than mired in mediocrity for many seasons to come. Just a shame that Harves won't be playiong finals footy for his last hurrah.

rexy
SS Life Member

Think we are a big chance, Carlton let them get the ball very easily out of the middle however King and Gardiner will be much more competitive than Ackland and Kruezer and our midfield is the one area where we look o.k at the moment.

Jon Brown is a tough match up for us, Max will get Bradshaw I presume which probably means that Blake will get Brown and it will be Sam and BJs job to help out as 3rd man in. If they drop Mitch Clark into the forward line at stages like they did on Saturday then we will be really stretched. Our running backs are a real worry, the likes of Corrie, Hooper , Power etc rotate through the small forward spots and are elusive and accurate, we struggle with these guys as our small defenders are to loose and soft.

Up forward I think we will see either Kosi and Roo or possibly one of the young guys in Allen or McEvoy. Once again our smalls must create preassure on the ball when it is on the floor as their half backs were streaming forward last week and looked good, this is something we struggle with IMO, other teams find it very easy to get a loose man in the middle of the ground against us.

We are a big chance if we dont carry any passengers.

Out Gherig, Gramm, Dempster and Clarke
In Reiwoldt/Allen/McEvoy, Gwilt, Fergusson, Geary/Steven

Maybe this year?
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Couldnt even beat our way out of a wet paper bag this year. Why does everyone just glue the rose coloured glasses on and accept insipid crap football? Beyond me.

m_m
Club Player

if we play like last week....then no chance

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Always a chance.

But they are quick, move the ball well and generally work hard.

We don't like teams who do those things.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.