the tackle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

the tackle

I don't understand why there has been no talk of mcguane getting sited.

If that was not unduly rough play not sure what is.

The ball was metres away and he held Nick and drove him into the ground.

I though there would have been more comments in the press on it. If doing that to a player only results in a free kick tehn I think that is wrong.

I am all infavour f tough hard footy but there was nothing tough about pinning a players arms and driving him into the ground.

And if they go on the damage done by the unduly rough play he must get a tleast 2 weeks

fqf

Richter
SS Life Member

I haven't seen the replay but I must say that live it looked a pretty ordinary effort by McGuane.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

It was a tackle. Nothing in it at all.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Nothing in it at all.
Especially not the ball.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
Especially not the ball.
Fancy tackling someone without the ball. Wait isnt that holding the man. Yes a free kick and that is it.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

6 weeks if baker did anything...

i hear they want to site him for that incident in the geelong v brisbane game

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:6 weeks if baker did anything...

i hear they want to site him for that incident in the geelong v brisbane game
Get over it.

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
satchmo wrote:
Especially not the ball.
Fancy tackling someone without the ball. Wait isnt that holding the man. Yes a free kick and that is it.
Do you oppose general opinion just for the sake of being different? Its getting rather boring and old seeing you disagree with everything anyone writes.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

What I don't get, and this is where we need to get smarter, is that if Riewoldt was clearly injured why didn't someone else take the kick?

It was also a case of the umpire not playing the advantage rule. Hayes was away and running into an open goal. But the over officious moron in green decides to penalise the side and make a clearly inured player take a kick.

Riewoldt came off the ground as soon as he had the shot.

Poor decision making all round by the umps and the Saints.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: the tackle

terry smith rules wrote:I don't understand why there has been no talk of mcguane getting sited.

I though there would have been more comments in the press on it. If doing that to a player only results in a free kick tehn I think that is wrong.

I am all infavour f tough hard footy but there was nothing tough about pinning a players arms and driving him into the ground.

And if they go on the damage done by the unduly rough play he must get a tleast 2 weeks

fqf
Caused unnecessary injury.....But the drop kicks in the media don't even mention it.

Its pathetic. He didn't have possession. McGuane should get 2 weeks for it.
Last edited by Spinner on Sun 04 May 2008 12:41pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlpineStars
Club Player

I already posted on another post the only intention of the Richmond player was to injure Reiwoldt the ball was well gone and it was disgraceful pinned arms and slammed into the deck there was a video distributed to clubs by the AFL regarding these tackles so I excpect it will be looked at.

Wake me up when September ends.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
satchmo wrote:
Especially not the ball.
Do you oppose general opinion just for the sake of being different? Its getting rather boring and old seeing you disagree with everything anyone writes.
When it is crap I do. Dont read it or is it a rule that you cant be boring.

spyglass
Club Player

Life Long Saint wrote:What I don't get, and this is where we need to get smarter, is that if Riewoldt was clearly injured why didn't someone else take the kick?

It was also a case of the umpire not playing the advantage rule. Hayes was away and running into an open goal. But the over officious moron in green decides to penalise the side and make a clearly inured player take a kick.

Riewoldt came off the ground as soon as he had the shot.

Poor decision making all round by the umps and the Saints.
When Roo looked like he wasn't going to take the kick, the Ump actually signalled to Lenny to take it, but Roo obviously decided that he was ok to take it.

saintwill66
Club Player

spyglass wrote:When Roo looked like he wasn't going to take the kick, the Ump actually signalled to Lenny to take it, but Roo obviously decided that he was ok to take it.
Yet another example of poor judgment by the skipper - he lacks confidence kicking for goals at the best of times let alone when he's injured his knee - if he was smart he would have opted for Lenny to take the kick.

sainteronline

Re: the tackle

Spinner wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:I don't understand why there has been no talk of mcguane getting sited.

fqf
Caused unnecessary injury.....But the drop kicks in the media don't even mention it.

Its pathetic. He didn't have possession. McGuane should get 2 weeks for it.
agreed :!:

definatly "UNDULY ROUGH PLAY"

derby Street
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
SaintBot wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
satchmo wrote:
Especially not the ball.
When it is crap I do. Dont read it or is it a rule that you cant be boring.

Plugger like a lot others I am getting a little sick of your dribble. It is also actually a free kick if you punch someone in the head BUT WAIT you can also get reported for it. Perhaps every team can target all the opposition key players and pound them into the ground when they haven't got the ball - after all it is only free kick for holding the man. That should make things interesting.
This incident with Nick was the same unecessary act as the one done on Lenny by one of the the KRAY twins. I suppose you thought that was fair enough too !

:roll:

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

The incident is worth looking at but relies on the panel reaching a conclusion about the player's motives, which they may be reluctant to do. I have no doubt, like others, that he meant to injure Nick - and he succeeded. That is Unduly Rough Play and deserves time.

I also agree that Nick showed woeful judgement in taking the kick. Not only was he never going to kick it properly but he risked doing a "Buckenara" in the process since he injured his left knee.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

spyglass wrote:When Roo looked like he wasn't going to take the kick, the Ump actually signalled to Lenny to take it, but Roo obviously decided that he was ok to take it.
Maybe he was concussed too.

His expectation exceeds his ability at the best of times...It would have been goal of the century had he kicked that on one leg. That was clearly not one of his smarter decisions.

Carl Mynott
Club Player

SaintBot wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
satchmo wrote:
Especially not the ball.
Just ignore the idiot......................i do

The more things change the more they stay the same
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Carl Mynott wrote:
SaintBot wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
satchmo wrote:
Especially not the ball.

Idiot. Very clever. You must have finished year 5 at least to think of something like that.

Carl Mynott
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Carl Mynott wrote:
SaintBot wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
satchmo wrote:
Especially not the ball.

Idiot. Very clever. You must have finished year 5 at least to think of something like that.
It's a conclusion i came to after reading 3000 of your posts........

keep up the consistency.....

:lol: :lol:

The more things change the more they stay the same
Lennon
Club Player

saintwill66 wrote:
Yet another example of poor judgment by the skipper - he lacks confidence kicking for goals at the best of times let alone when he's injured his knee - if he was smart he would have opted for Lenny to take the kick.

"Yet another example of poor judgment"? So what are the hundreds of other examples? Your tone implies there are many indeed.

I don't think Lenny would have made the distance, personally.

Roo's kick, with his injured leg, did so easily, was just off-line.

Probably he didn't want to believe the extent of the injury until then, looked pretty keen to stay on before that, but went straight off grimacing after he tried the kick.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Carl Mynott wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Carl Mynott wrote:
SaintBot wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
satchmo wrote:
Especially not the ball.

It's a conclusion i came to after reading 3000 of your posts........

keep up the consistency.....

:lol: :lol:
Ignoring Me. Confused. And i'm an idiot you read 3000 of my posts.

kp83
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Get over it.
Spot on.

It was a tackle deserving of a free kick...which is what we got.

You can't cite every player who causes an injury in a tackle.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:It was a tackle. Nothing in it at all.
agree. If one of our guys had laid a tackle like that we'd be applauding him. Nothing in it. Just bad luck