Jason Gram

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Jason Gram

Yep ....

Good player when all is well, but really he is the "turn over" KING when there is pressure IMO...

FFS don't kick for the sake of a "so called bomb" that bites you on the bum and results in a goal at the other end...

Yet another ordinary game from him IMO....

There were plenty worse than Gram but he will be no value this year if his disposals into the forward 50 result in turn overs IMO, his kicking to position is shyte.

R Clarke should never have played IMO... he has NO confidence and should not play in the seniors until he has some...

I hope Fergs played a good game for the scorps and gets a chance

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Gram = 0 tackles

Pretty poor effort for a back flanker

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
nicko016
Club Player

Gram is a good player and his long kicking is normally an asset and should be an asset but he cannot simply just bomb away with virtually no regard for where's it going with all his disposals. It definately needs to be redifined because it is normally a weapon for us but it is going to cost us on the revound if he does it with every disposal. However, he is not the only one who's guilty of doing this. When we are under siege this seems to be all we do and normally in these situations our forwards have no space becuase we move it slowly then just bomb away.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I thought he was in our best but only my opinion.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I thought he was in our best but only my opinion.
Did you, well please tell just what player you think he was on??

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Like most players he was on plenty. Who do you think he mainly played on.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
Well he obviously didn't play on the Bulldog player he didn't tackle

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
Good to see you back...

I would say Akermanis in the first half....and in that time Gram's turnovers in the second quarter into the forward 50 was embarrassing ...

The third quarter his fist kick out was a shocker which resulted in a goal...

I think he was up against Mitch Hahn in the 3rd and please tell me again that he was one of our best players....

He is not a backmans arse and if he continues to turn over the ball that results in another goal to the opposition his value with the team has dismissed IMO...

It has now become the time to hold your breath when ever he kicks the ball, and that was not what I thought of him in previous years

Saintschampions08
Club Player

Ahh turnovers.

The story of our year.

He is not the only one,
X.Clarke, R.Clarke, Fiora, Blake, Fisher all make just as many as he does. Most of our oppositions goals so far this year, have come as a direct result of a turnover somewhere down the line.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

We had far too many players who get to the centre of the field and then go long into the fifty giving our forwards little chance. Of Grams 14 kicks, I'd love to know how many of them retained possession and how many of them were long. He can run and he can kick, but I'd like him to hit a target a little more often.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
Good to see you back...

I would say Akermanis in the first half....and in that time Gram's turnovers in the second quarter into the forward 50 was embarrassing ...

The third quarter his fist kick out was a shocker which resulted in a goal...

I think he was up against Mitch Hahn in the 3rd and please tell me again that he was one of our best players....

He is not a backmans arse and if he continues to turn over the ball that results in another goal to the opposition his value with the team has dismissed IMO...

It has now become the time to hold your breath when ever he kicks the ball, and that was not what I thought of him in previous years

Well Aker didnt touch it in the first half so he did alright there and if he was on Hahn after half time I would say that isnt great coaching as Hahn is way to big for him. Having said that Hahn was great so I still think he was clearly in our best 5.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

his run out the back flanks and then the bomb into the forward 50 hoping for one of our bigs to mark just didnt seem to work did it, roo would have more than one on him after quarter time, kozi rucked more so that left frasier who did sweet FA....the ball hits the deck and the dogs do what they are best at, pick up the pill and run with it.......so, if he plays next week was he instructed to do just that????......kick it long into the forward 50 at every chance?

f***ed if i know whats going on...but it aint working and we aint improving.
the cats will make us look like the a second rate side if we aint careful

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Jason Gram = SOFT!!! Will not tackle will not put any body pressure. It was emabarrising to see how easy Hill brushed past him. I am sick to death of players being considered good footballers because they can get 18 uncontested possessions playing loose off the half back line. For Gods sake, any half witted half talented local footballer can get a kick like that. The true great players are the ones that get hard earned posessions and can pull a team out of the sh1t when required.

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:Jason Gram = SOFT!!! Will not tackle will not put any body pressure. It was emabarrising to see how easy Hill brushed past him. I am sick to death of players being considered good footballers because they can get 18 uncontested possessions playing loose off the half back line. For Gods sake, any half witted half talented local footballer can get a kick like that. The true great players are the ones that get hard earned posessions and can pull a team out of the sh1t when required.
I don't like to call players soft, but otherwise your post is spot on.
Gram is far from a lone ranger when it comes to this. After sleeping on it and waking up thinking about the saints this morning, we just have too many players on the park at the moment that seem to have the I am too cool to tackle and work hard off the ball. Hopefully if I am near the ball enough I will rack up 20 odd touchs.

The work rate off the ball is shtye, we have too many players that just don't put their the body and soul into it.
This was the case for 3 qrts of footy last night and playing only 1 qrt of attacking the ball carrier will never win us a flag.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Grammy has been figured out. He was awsome when he was allowed to run loose in 2006, but he hasn't been anywhere as good since the opposition started paying him more respect.

He's still a good player, but he needs to change something to improve his form.

Batnoe

mad saint guy wrote:Grammy has been figured out. He was awsome when he was allowed to run loose in 2006, but he hasn't been anywhere as good since the opposition started paying him more respect.

Figured out???

He still runs through the middle every game. it is his kicking that lets him down, not the fact he can't get free. he still gets 20 possesions, so where do you see that the opposition pay him respect now?

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:He still runs through the middle every game. it is his kicking that lets him down, not the fact he can't get free. he still gets 20 possesions, so where do you see that the opposition pay him respect now?
Apply a little bit of pressure and don't let him run loose in defence to receive an easy possession followed by an uncontested kick forward. He is a great player with space. Put a little bit of pressure on him and he panics, and you can exploit his lack of inside skills.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:Grammy has been figured out. He was awsome when he was allowed to run loose in 2006, but he hasn't been anywhere as good since the opposition started paying him more respect.

Figured out???

He still runs through the middle every game. it is his kicking that lets him down, not the fact he can't get free. he still gets 20 possesions, so where do you see that the opposition pay him respect now?
agreed....

He gets many kicks from handballs received when he runs off the back half but instead of finding a player free he just bombs it into the forward 50.

He has to show more skill than that IMO, on many occasions he kicks the ball without any real pressure and he should be capable of finding a target.

I do like him but his kicking of late has let him and the side down IMO

Batnoe

I totally agree...

i dont think he messes up the ball in the backline

this is one reason why having such a good forward line on paper is a bad thing until a game plan works

Gram has the ball and is free in the middle and then shanks it because he has 3 or 4 players calling for the ball.... probably goes to pass it to one and in back of mind has someone else in mind so shanks it

He should just go for goal and have goals in his mind if he is within 60.

Pace is good but sometimes players can be too fast for their own good.