Stand up and be counted - AS SUPPORTERS

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Boy
Club Player

Stand up and be counted - AS SUPPORTERS

I was devasted last night - We have so far to go - we so look like a seconds team - making the finals this year may happen - being a contender - well that will take a serious change in desire and love for the red white and black - NOT JUST FROM THOSE ON THE FIELD BUT THOSE BEHIND THE FENCE. We were deathly quiet as supporters after the Dogs started to spank us.

Please everyone - We have some players who may need to sharpen their game - I agree with a lot of posters here - but again will they improve from our constant bagging - if they have the guts and determination that will get us to the top - they will know they are playing poorly - if not no amount of bagging will help!!!!!

People bagged Roo for crying - after last nights performance - I would have hoped that a few player actually had it in them to shed a tear and promise themselves and their teamMATES that it all stops here - but please also know that we as supporters have a lot to answer for!!!!

I sat and watched as people around me politely hand clapped for goals kicked in the last quarter - I left hoarse - when we are down the boys need us more than ever - The Dogs beat us on the field their supporters SMASHED us in the stands!!

Last week against Carlton we sat next to a couple of ladies who yelled and yelled positive support to their 'Blue Boys' until the siren went always giving their all for the team - this week we were missing - The Doggy faithfull wanted it more than we did - and it showed - off the field - and then translating to on the field

If this forum was in reverse - could we all stand up to the criticism that the players would write about us - after last nights effort - I doubt it!!!!

Cirra
Club Player

I agree with all of your post Sainter_Boy.

Those Bulldag supporters made alot of noise, even in the first quarter.

I was sitting in Level 2, behind the Lockett end and I couldn't hear any Saints fans. It felt like a 70/30 Bulldogs crowd to me, which was disapponting.

The Bulldog Cheer Squad was also excellent...they made the stands shake.

Saints supporters shouldn't go into their shell so much when the team needs them the most.

"When we get back on November 5 and walk through that door, we're getting on a bus together and we're going down the road to a premiership. You're either on the bus or you get run over," Roo at the B&F 2007

In 2012, I'm still on the bus.
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Has the boring ass gameplan from our coach sapped stkilda supporters voices and hearts?

On the radio the dogs supporters sounded FEROCIOUSLY PASSIONATE. It was like a frigging final, i couldn't hear a yelp from the saints supporters.

What the f*** is wrong with stkilda supporters these days? Must be the boring ass gameplan. Some people say as long as it gets us the 4 points you're willing to watch boring footy, but in the end it takes away your enjoyment completely which infects the players.

strauchanie
Club Player

Re: Stand up and be counted - AS SUPPORTERS

Sainter_Boy wrote:NOT JUST FROM THOSE ON THE FIELD BUT THOSE BEHIND THE FENCE. We were deathly quiet as supporters after the Dogs started to spank us
We're not the only supporters to do that, shock has a way of quietening people.

saint-stu
Club Player

Although it was more noticeable in this game, I have found our supporters are always much quieter than the opposition.

I can rarely hear our cheersquad but can almost always hear the opposition's. Even from the opposite end!

lovin_dal_santo
SS Hall of Fame

Getting to the point where I actually hate our cheersquad. It is pathetic the way they cheer (if you could call it that) only when we lead. Same could be said of a lot of our supporters. Does the word loyalty have any meaning?

Robert Harvey
What else do we need?
Sainter_Boy
Club Player

Should our cheersquad actually be defined as those that sit behind the goals - or is the cheersquad in reality the 28,000 members - who sit all around the ground? If you point the finger - 3 point back at you. Not a criticism of those who do SUPPORT - but we should all go home saying we gave our all for the club tonight(day)

Bring on Geelong - I know we can do better!!!! - Yell and Scream - let them carry me out hoarse and whimpering!!!!!!!

I AM A SAINT KILDA FANatic!

saint-stu
Club Player

Yes we all need to make more noise, but the cheersquad is organised isn't it?

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

brown-coat wrote:Has the boring ass gameplan from our coach sapped stkilda supporters voices and hearts?

On the radio the dogs supporters sounded FEROCIOUSLY PASSIONATE. It was like a frigging final, i couldn't hear a yelp from the saints supporters.

What the f*** is wrong with stkilda supporters these days? Must be the boring ass gameplan. Some people say as long as it gets us the 4 points you're willing to watch boring footy, but in the end it takes away your enjoyment completely which infects the players.
Yes, I believe the way we play has something to do with it.

super dooper
Club Player

lovin_dal_santo wrote:Getting to the point where I actually hate our cheersquad. It is pathetic the way they cheer (if you could call it that) only when we lead. Same could be said of a lot of our supporters. Does the word loyalty have any meaning?
I think the word loyalty refers to being there through thick and thin and staying through to the end. It doesnt necessarily mean you have to be loud.

Now i am normally a pretty vocal person each week at the footy, but last nights heartless effort sapped all the energy i had as it bloody hurt me deep to watch that crap!!! The doggies kept on tryign and gave their supporters something to cling onto for hope by never giving in, unfortunately we didnt do that!!

You cannot tell me that our performance after qrt time inspired you in any way. The signs were there when Griffen ran around the statue in Blake on the mark and goaled!!

I drove home feeling like crap and went to bed with the same attitude, didnt even bother to turn the tv on when i got home last night, just wanted the day to be over. Very disspointed, hope we can turn it around.