LRT and Bolton - The 'Tunnelling' thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

LRT and Bolton - The 'Tunnelling' thread

1st time thought it was a accident

2nd time thought what the hell

3rd and 4th time YOU DOGS!!!! (Bolton)

Taking out a players legs when they jump for a mark is wrong in so many ways, so was is the umpires ignoring it, so is no saints players remonstrating at any time.
Last edited by ausfatcat on Sat 22 Mar 2008 9:28pm, edited 2 times in total.

wasoncestkil58
Club Player

More info please we don't get to see the game over here in WA when the Eagles are playing

matrix
Saintsational Legend

actually that would explain me remembering roo nearly landing on his head twice while trying to mark...

barry hall gave one to Gram in the guts/ribs too the cheap bastard...ala the goose incident of a few years ago

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Tompson has taken out Roo's legs 4 times now he Roo has jumped.

Not even the commentators have made much comment about it!!!!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah, good call he seems to stop and then prop himself just as his opponent leaps behind him, pushing himself under his opponent and cause them to loose control.
asshole

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

And Bolton has just done it to Roo AGAIN!!!!

Is this a team instruction or something?

my les foote
Club Player

I was going to start a similar thread about Bolton. I didn't see LRT do it but Bolton did it twice and attempted it once. Dog act.

Same as Barry Hall's punch on Gram. Don't expect any of the Swans to be in trouble though.

Win it for HIM!
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Changed the title now

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

my les foote wrote:I was going to start a similar thread about Bolton. I didn't see LRT do it but Bolton did it twice and attempted it once. Dog act.

Same as Barry Hall's punch on Gram. Don't expect any of the Swans to be in trouble though.
Yeah the swines. After Buchanan's hit on Marty Clarke in last year's finals who can forget that as well the one by Hall on Matt McGuire. :evil: :evil: :evil:

my les foote
Club Player

Changed the title now

You should take the apostrophe out before some pedant notices it.

Oops! Too late.
Last edited by my les foote on Sat 22 Mar 2008 9:42pm, edited 1 time in total.

Win it for HIM!
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Reminds me of this bloke

http://www.youtube.com/v/drPQkEsM8uM

Can you embed youtube vids here?

Johnny Favier
Club Player

Yes I thought this was a very low act too and if the AFL don't clamp down on this sort of thing quick-smart, someone is going to end up with a serious spinal injury...similar to the way Fiora landed last year...wouldn't take much.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this type of tactic is highly illegal in rugby union at line-outs and carries a fairly hefty suspension and sending-off for anyone caught doing it.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

in rugby union your not supposed to even touch a player if they are in the air and going for a mark (thou they do).

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I believe it's called 'tunnelling' and is outlawed at centre bounces. Unfortunately the 'yellow witchity grubs' either didn't have the intelligence or guts to penalise Shytney for this deliberate tactic.

Oh, and a quick nomination for Goldspink's successor - Vermin Vozzo - another one with 'small person syndrome'. I think he will give Razor Ray a run for his money as the most despised umpire of the AFL.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

We should bombard Kevin Bartlett with emails expressing our displeasure at these tactics. His email addy is;

hungryforsport@sen.com.au

!!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:We should bombard Kevin Bartlett with emails expressing our displeasure at these tactics. His email addy is;

hungryforsport@sen.com.au

!!
Just sent one - thanks for the address Eastern.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Boltons one on Roo in the last qtr was a shocker... was right infront of the yellow maggot, and he just played it on, not even a look or word to Bolton...

Extremely dangerous, and Roo was shaken up by the collision... My immediate thought was that it should be reportable..not sure under which catagory, but duty of care is in serious doubt.. Low, dog act...

God Sydney suck..

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Roo was struggling with his back and noth he and kosi were struggling by games end - possibly exacerbated by this

apparently there is also a little incident of Goodes and S fisher after CJ's mark-

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Hawkesbury Saint
Club Player

I too was disgusted :evil: by these disgusting tactics. I have e-mailed Bartlett in response...

Gidday Kevin

I wonder if you've noticed the number of times Nick Reiwoldt's legs were taken out from under him in marking contests. Perhaps there is room for a 'leg chop' rule alongside the 'arm chop' rule. The only difference is that this sort of defensive tactic on the part of Bolton and Lewis-Thompson can lead to serious injury. I noted that Roo was forced to land awkwardly on a number of occasions and found myself shouting at the screen at this dangerous and questionable tactic.

Well England tried Bodyline and now the Swans have tried 'leg chop'. Bradman still managed a century and Roo was voted by commentators as best on the ground. Champions rise above the riff-raff. Cream rises above milk that is on the turn.

Even from Darwin and on the telecast I could see this blatant attempt to injure an opponent. (Let's not even start on that thug Hall with his low hit and attempted head-butts in close.) My concern is that if I could see the consistent 'leg chops' from Darwin then how could the umpires miss them? Our commentatros too were strangely quiet. Kevin, are they watching the game?

Hawkesbury Saint
Darwin

Solar
Saintsational Legend

anyone got the ability to put all these incidents together. If so you could meail it off not just to SEN but 3AW and the AFL. 1-2 times in a game can be written off but the amoutn of times it happens makes it harder to write off

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

That is a great idea re a video loop. One was prepared by some clever Saintsational gurus after a Brisbane game which I packaged up and sent to the AFL which lead to no immediate action but got a response and later there was a definite crack down by umpires on knees on heads in packs.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

its funny how the LRT and Bolton had to resort to this dirty act as they knew that in flight they couldn't beat nick nor kosi to the footy with an accurate pass.

most definitly this tactic should be raised in the media, as it's huge problem that could lead to serious injury.nick couldnt get near the ball without his legs giving way.

Go saints in '09!
ace
Saintsational Legend

Please Mr. Magic what did witchity grubs ever do to be compared to Vozzo.
Witchity grubs go about their business with honesty and integrity.

loris
Saintsational Legend

I just hope the St.Kilda Football Club via the correct chanels to the AFL voice their displeasure of this tactic used on Roo last night..... it is extremely dangerous and if not outlawed some player will possibly end up with a career ending injury.

No wonder Roo was iced up on his hip and back in the rooms after the game.

First time it happened in a marking contest I thought it was purely accidental. The second time I thought....oophs same player same result on Roo (that was when Roo really struggled to get up after landing heavily on his hip) I began to think then that's no coincidence. Then when it happended a third time I was disgusted as it is obviously a practised tactic and so dangerous too. The fourth attempt by a different player wasn't as executed quite as expertly as the first COWARD. did

Very cowardly tactic being introduced by Roos team and I hope the ST.Kilda Football Club are not silent about it......... we don't want ball players legitimately going up in a marking contest having the risk being maimed by COWARDS. :evil: :evil: :evil:

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:I just hope the St.Kilda Football Club via the correct chanels to the AFL voice their displeasure of this tactic used on Roo last night..... it is extremely dangerous and if not outlawed some player will possibly end up with a career ending injury.
absolutely loris. you should make this into a separate thread. someone at the club might see in and act on it