$4 records this year

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

GrumpyOne

St Fidelius wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Why buy something for $4 when it is nevr worth reading and the teams are never correct?

Absolute waste of money.
It is and yet I buy it for my son...

My son and bride will be going to the game and they really don't know the player numbers...

It would be great if the saints web site can provide a team list from players from both sides with player numbers that fans can just simply print off from their PC
If he's old enough to get married St Fid, surely he is old enough to buy his own footy record.

Or is this some sort of Jerry Springer Trailer Trash thing?

You know, "Should my son and his new bride start Kinder together?"

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:the afl journalists are s***, the afl record is not worth the money for the paper it is printed on.
exactly, they could charge 50 cents and I still wouldn't buy that AFL/Gestapo propoganda.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
avid
Club Player

Enrico_Misso wrote:
avid wrote:
riccardo wrote:I only buy it to do the goal, behinds and total scores - for both teams, which I understand is not that common! :shock:

It at least gets you through the train ride on the way home.
Same here -- I can't watch the game without marking them in, both sides. I know it's completely unnecessary now. I resent the price, and the waste of glossy paper. Can't help it though.
And me.
I always fill out the scores for both teams.
And I use a different colored pen for each quarter
Black - Blue - Green - and the last qtr is always Red

How sick is that ?

Wow!
There's only one in our footy gang that goes to that extreme. She has a pen with four different coloured cartridges!
Have you found any therapy groups I could recommend her to?

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
St Fidelius wrote: It would be great if the saints web site can provide a team list from players from both sides with player numbers that fans can just simply print off from their PC
Yeah that would be nice. However the AFL wouldn't allow such things to happen when there is money to be fleeced.

I can see that if I took the kids and wife it may come in handy, but considering I talk to people at the breaks and basically know most of the opposition it is a waste of cash, especially with TD now charging $23 to park.
Just why would the AFL not allow an official team list from an AFL official web site???

So we have an official web site that can not post teams and player numbers in a forthcoming match???

Just how pathetic is that???

Just how good is this AFL web site when they cannot provide a team sheet for a game???

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
St Fidelius wrote: It would be great if the saints web site can provide a team list from players from both sides with player numbers that fans can just simply print off from their PC
Yeah that would be nice. However the AFL wouldn't allow such things to happen when there is money to be fleeced.

I can see that if I took the kids and wife it may come in handy, but considering I talk to people at the breaks and basically know most of the opposition it is a waste of cash, especially with TD now charging $23 to park.
Just why would the AFL not allow an official team list from an AFL official web site???

So we have an official web site that can not post teams and player numbers in a forthcoming match???

Just how pathetic is that???

Just how good is this AFL web site when they cannot provide a team sheet for a game???
Found this.

http://www.saints.com.au/tabid/11447/De ... &display=0

Click on the Saints game and there it is.

I suppose this could be printed out and taken.

Think I will do this when I go to the Carltank match

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Enrico_Misso wrote: And me.
I always fill out the scores for both teams.
And I use a different colored pen for each quarter
Black - Blue - Green - and the last qtr is always Red

How sick is that ?

Uh - oooh.

Uh - oooh.

Charlie Babbitt make a joke.

Definitely.

:wink:

Don't start me on Qantas' safety record...... :lol:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

if you hit the saints vs swans game from that link joffaboy you get the player list with numbers

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
midas_touch
Club Player

saint66au wrote:Remember the good ol days when they listed the other teams by letters on the scoreboard...so that you had to buy a record to match the letters to the teams.
I still remember this, when I went to my first few games of footy.

As for the $4 price, it doesn't really concern me since I rarely ever buy them anyway.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:I much preferred the days when we'd cut out the Saturday Herald Sun's 'record' and staple it together.

Would have worked out to be about 16 pages or so, and could easily fold into your pocket. Brilliant - unbiased previews and all the details you needed.

Let's face it, the record is full of flaky puff-pieces of no interest to the discerning footy fan.

If the Sun did it today, they'd put the record out of business - or at least force them to charge a fair price.

I don't think I've ever bought more than one or two records in my whole life.
Nobody responded to this - did I invent something in my head that never actually happened? I swear I remember doing this...I'd even buy the HS on Saturday just for that reason.

And did we really lose that game to Melbourne by one point in about 1992?

:?

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

hilairehinshelwood
Club Player

I swore i wouldn't buy them again, but already i will break that promise to buy one today for the gehrig article. Unusually he looks meaner without the beard though, hopefully he has shaved it off for the match.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
evertonfc wrote:I much preferred the days when we'd cut out the Saturday Herald Sun's 'record' and staple it together.

Would have worked out to be about 16 pages or so, and could easily fold into your pocket. Brilliant - unbiased previews and all the details you needed.

Let's face it, the record is full of flaky puff-pieces of no interest to the discerning footy fan.

If the Sun did it today, they'd put the record out of business - or at least force them to charge a fair price.

I don't think I've ever bought more than one or two records in my whole life.
Nobody responded to this - did I invent something in my head that never actually happened? I swear I remember doing this...I'd even buy the HS on Saturday just for that reason.
you must have been the only one.