Hypothetically speaking if list lodgement was today

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Hypothetically speaking if list lodgement was today

Hypothetically speaking if the final list lodgment was today and we were forced to delist 4 players from our list who would you cut from the team based on the preseason form and the previous seasons form ? and who would be on the tradeable list? who would you premote off the rookie list
Hypothetically speaking

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
esaint66
SS Life Member

Re: Hypothetically speaking if list lodgement was today

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Hypothetically speaking if the final list lodgment was today and we were forced to delist 4 players from our list who would you cut from the team based on the preseason form and the previous seasons form ? and who would be on the tradeable list? who would you premote off the rookie list
Hypothetically speaking

ah i would cut raph clarke cant think of anyone else they have all been pretty good.

i might put steven milne up for trade at the end of the season depending on how much we could get for him and how adam schnieders season went.

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Put Raph and Fiora on the table, see what we get offered.

Cut Ferguson.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i would think Ferg would be gone as well as mini maybe Gwilt but if hes been injured over the preseason so its a bit hard to make a decision on him

trade bait would have to be raph and leigh fisher

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Came to the conclusion that we won't need to dismiss four players over the next list lodgement. We are playing 2 short at present, and if Harves and Max continue to go on, then they will be moved to the veterans list.

This is even taking into consideration three national draft picks, and rookie elevations of Attard, Van Rheenen and Eddy (required or they must be redrafted).

The cull list is relatively straightforward.

Gone: Gwilt, Ferguson, Fiora, Harvey, Hudghton (retired or removed off main list as veterans.)
Promoted: Van Rheenen, Eddy, Attard
Rookies kept: Miles, Chivers, Haretuku.
Rookies gone: McQualter.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

WTF is it this year and delistings?

The season hasn't started and there have been no less than 5 threads started on who will be delisted at the end of the year.

WHY CAN'T YOU GUYS WAIT FOR THE END OF THE YEAR.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:Came to the conclusion that we won't need to dismiss four players over the next list lodgement. We are playing 2 short at present, and if Harves and Max continue to go on, then they will be moved to the veterans list.

This is even taking into consideration three national draft picks, and rookie elevations of Attard, Van Rheenen and Eddy (required or they must be redrafted).

Gone: Gwilt, Ferguson, Fiora, Harvey, Hudghton (retired or removed off main list as veterans.)
since when are we playing two short?- we have 45
38 on list 6 rookies and 1 scholarship?--

are you looking back or forward st trav- BUT I agree with austfatcat- lets actualy play a game before we start trading :? :?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Main list size 40, is it not?

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Isn't it obvious, a premiership is such a foregone conclusion that we need something else to talk about. :)

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

depends on where you put the veterans etc - but no; main list is 38 + veterans and rookies to make total 44 with scholarships outside that again.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Mini has to go. Raph has to stay will be good when he picks up the speed of AFL. he frustrates me no different to what Goddard used to. Now he is awesome. Fiora I dont like but played 22 games last year so someone must.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
Otiman wrote:Came to the conclusion that we won't need to dismiss four players over the next list lodgement. We are playing 2 short at present, and if Harves and Max continue to go on, then they will be moved to the veterans list.

are you looking back or forward st trav- BUT I agree with austfatcat- lets actualy play a game before we start trading :? :?
the piont of this thread was more of an outling on who we think from the NAB cup games is out of favour and likely to be delisted , Ferg didnt get a game neither did Gwilt mini played one lacklastre game and with the emergance of some of our rookies and younge guys during the NAB cup the pressure would be on those three .

im sorry if you dont like the idea of having a thread that i hoped would cause some discussion other then the same old same old threads that have been on latley

esaint66
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

the piont of this thread was more of an outling on who we think from the NAB cup games is out of favour and likely to be delisted , Ferg didnt get a game neither did Gwilt mini played one lacklastre game and with the emergance of some of our rookies and younge guys during the NAB cup the pressure would be on those three .

im sorry if you dont like the idea of having a thread that i hoped would cause some discussion other then the same old same old threads that have been on latley

i think this post was a really good idea gives everyone their chance to say what they think about of rookies and our main list and then when you think this whole forum is about everyone having their opinion.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

One thing that will be on the cards is the elevation of rookies next year. You would think Attard is a shoe-in if his rehab goes well. Van Rheenen whilst he hasn't shown much yet, will be considered a long term prospect and hopefully he meets the goals that the coaching panel has set for him. Eddy is the interesting one, while I rate him, and think he will be a good player, with both Jack Steven and Eljay Connors developing on the main list as mids, I don't believe we can carry him. McQualter is as good as gone.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

List management is an interesting point.

I believe you must have developing players in all areas of the ground, both looking to replace GOP's in those spots, and also retiring players.

Backs.

Established.
Fisher, Leigh
Fisher, Samuel
Maguire, Matthew
Gilbert, Sam
Goddard, Brendon
Gram, Jason
Hudghton, Max
Blake, Jason

Developing.
Dempster, Sean
Ferguson, Matthew
Gwilt, James
Clarke, Raphael
Geary, Jarryn
Miles, Luke (R)
Chivers, Glenn (R)
Attard, Jayden (R)

Midfielders

Established
Baker, Steven
Ball, Luke
Birss, Shane
Clarke, Xavier
Fiora, Aaron
Harvey, Robert
Hayes, Lenny
Schneider, Adam
Dal Santo, Nick
Montagna, Leigh

Developing
Howard, Brad
Armitage, David
Connors, Eljay
Steven, Jack
Eddy, Robert (R)
McQualter, Andrew (R)

Rucks.
Established
Gardiner, Michael S.
Rix, Michael
King, Steven

Developing
McEvoy, Ben
Van Rheenen, Luke (R)

Forwards.
Established
Gardiner, Charlie
Gehrig, Fraser
Koschitzke, Justin
Milne, Stephen
Riewoldt, Nick

Developing
Allen, Jarryd
Jones, Clinton
Haretuku, Khan (R)

There are three categories of player to get rid of. Those who are developing and it is believed that they will not overtake an established player, or other players are ahead of them to replace retiring players. The final category is established players who have been overtaken by developing players. This is extremely difficult to do, as they may have been in the best 22 within the past few years.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

CJ, rix no.1 and no.2 gone.

then probably look at the rookies.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:Eddy is the interesting one, while I rate him, and think he will be a good player, with both Jack Steven and Eljay Connors developing on the main list as mids, I don't believe we can carry him. McQualter is as good as gone.
I too believed this thread was/is a little pre-mature and harsh on our boys considering a real game has yet to be played but it has promted some interesting points of view. Unfortunately Otiman I disagree with you here, we can more than keep / promote Eddy, he has not put a foot wrong, is one of our fittest, obviously has a burning desire and is more than happy to work to achieve it. To me he has the attributes to learn and take over from Bakes if a quick mid needs tagging which will further develop his future on ball role.

FWIW players who have been on our list longer than 3 years and fail to show anything this season will be traded or chopped.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Rix, Jones, Ferguson, Connors

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:Rix, Jones, Ferguson, Connors
i know how you feel about CJ but do you honestly thing RL feels the same for all his bad points CJ must be doing somthing to impress RL so i think hes fairly safe in the team

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

National Draftees are on the list for 2 years unless you want to pay out their contract. Eljay has shown promise, and I believe can become a great footballer, just doesn't have the body for it at the moment.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:i know how you feel about CJ but do you honestly thing RL feels the same for all his bad points CJ must be doing somthing to impress RL so i think hes fairly safe in the team
The OP wasn't asking for Lyon's opinion. Ross loves him and I would be surprised if Jones doesn't play 50 games. I disagree.
National Draftees are on the list for 2 years unless you want to pay out their contract. Eljay has shown promise, and I believe can become a great footballer, just doesn't have the body for it at the moment.
Draftees have been cut before the end of their contract recently. The reason I put Connors down is mainly because he is such a low-percentage pick. He might have talent, but any kid who didn't get any attention in the juniors, is built like a twig, has a bad injury record and is an outside receiver has the odds against them making it in the AFL.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Conners will play next year as he has a contract and will given time. That is a silly thing to say. Players who have been cut after a year have all had problems at their club. Conners certainly hasnt at the moment.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I would delist st trav, saint edward, winmarvellous.

Three of the most clueless posters ever to grace this forum.

What a s.hite thread. Talking about delisting when not a single game has been played.

Fair Dinkum, how incredibly negative and pathetic.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Scum

Gee there are some people who take themselves too seriously on this forum. It was a hypothetical. If you're not interested, then don't post. Go outside and get some fresh air, instead of getting up on your soap box. I found it bloody interesting. Some good posts there.

I made this account when I was young and I don’t know how to change the name
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote:Unfortunately Otiman I disagree with you here, we can more than keep / promote Eddy, he has not put a foot wrong, is one of our fittest, obviously has a burning desire and is more than happy to work to achieve it. To me he has the attributes to learn and take over from Bakes if a quick mid needs tagging which will further develop his future on ball role.
The issue is spots on the list. If he can prove himself to be better than one or two of Connors, Steven, Howard - then he's secure. The issue is that we can't use up all the spots on our list for developing mids when we desperately need to develop forwards and backs.