Robert Harvey

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

JeffDunne

Now that I've heard what was said I feel like I can comment (that is if what SEN played today was the bulk of what was said).

It never ceases to amaze me the reaction GT has on people. I didn't think he said anything earth shattering, and for the most part I agree with him. Harv's is getting caught more these days and is probably losing a step. All players do and at Harv's age isn't it to be expected? What sets players like Harv's apart though is his footy smarts and work ethic. When he loses them I'd be worried.

Dermie was just being hysterical Dermie. *sniff*

StPeter
Club Player

I feel Harvey has already shown enough to be a force this year.

A couple of the rules in the NAB cup don't suit his style. He is the master of

the short pass to position but the need to kick over 20 metres for a mark I

think stopped him doing his usual short passes or back passes.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I remember Harvey in his prime being taken out by Hocking at Kardinia Park...

Every game you will see player or several caught unawares as their attention is upfield or on the ball...and they get caught out.

Just as when Hocking took Harves out...such as instance does not mean that a players career is over.

As for Harveys's pace....I must have missed that part of his career where he was a pacey player :?: :?:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

saintsRrising wrote:I remember Harvey in his prime being taken out by Hocking at Kardinia Park...
Every game you will see player or several caught unawares as their attention is upfield or on the ball...and they get caught out.
Just as when Hocking took Harves out...such as instance does not mean that a players career is over.
As for Harveys's pace....I must have missed that part of his career where he was a pacey player :?: :?:
Happened right in front of me.
Hated Girlong and Hocking ever since...no exceptions, anyone who plays for them are all cheap shot cowards.
That had nothing to do with speed or age, Hocking picked Harvs out in the pack from a boundary throw in, and didnt see it coming.
We won the game but the "gorilla biscuit mould" Hocking got off the next week, he should have gone for 6.

Seeya
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:I remember Harvey in his prime being taken out by Hocking at Kardinia Park...
Happened right in front of me.
Hated Girlong and Hocking ever since...no exceptions, anyone who plays for them are all cheap shot cowards.
That had nothing to do with speed or age, Hocking picked Harvs out in the pack from a boundary throw in, and didnt see it coming.
We won the game but the "gorilla biscuit mould" Hocking got off the next week, he should have gone for 6.
And the AFL then changed the rule about 'taking unsuspecting players out', making it a reportable offence.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

finding the positive- let them all think Harves is done for

he can just be left to do his thing without a tag :wink:

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
supersaints
Club Player

No doubt RL and the saints fitness staff will be working up harves more slowly than the young blokes , I expect we will see harves used sparingly off the bench for about the first six games, then he will rip the opposition apart as normal. I would love nothing more than to see the great man on the dias with a BOG medal on GF day... I used to have a reasonably high opinion of GT its has now taken a dive, and Dermie just has peroxide brain damage !!!

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
maverick
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Now that I've heard what was said I feel like I can comment (that is if what SEN played today was the bulk of what was said).

It never ceases to amaze me the reaction GT has on people. I didn't think he said anything earth shattering, and for the most part I agree with him. Harv's is getting caught more these days and is probably losing a step. All players do and at Harv's age isn't it to be expected? What sets players like Harv's apart though is his footy smarts and work ethic. When he loses them I'd be worried.

Dermie was just being hysterical Dermie. *sniff*
But GT agreed with everything he was saying so he must be hysterical as well....heard GT myself on the radio this morning....

I liked GT as a coach and still think of him as a Saints man, but at the moment he is just another bitter pundit trying too hard to make headlines and believing in his own publicity.

Even if Germ and GT were right if you weren't a headline grabbing commentator you would actually wait for the real stuff before making those type of comments.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

channel 7 tried to beat this up as big story *yawn*

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saintpaul74
Club Player

I cant believe this made the Ch7 news tonight under the catchline the future of a saints star in doubt

pfft

JeffDunne

maverick wrote:But GT agreed with everything he was saying so he must be hysterical as well....heard GT myself on the radio this morning....
Like I said I was commenting on the grab I heard and it didn't strike me as anything we didn't already know (GT's comments that is).

If he agreed with Derm's comments then I don't agree at all.
I liked GT as a coach and still think of him as a Saints man, but at the moment he is just another bitter pundit trying too hard to make headlines and believing in his own publicity.
Like most sacked coaches he's probably trying too hard to prove himself correct on some issues.

I suspect this is the case with Harvey.
Even if Germ and GT were right if you weren't a headline grabbing commentator you would actually wait for the real stuff before making those type of comments.
Like I said earlier, if Harv's starts losing his footy smarts and his hard running then I'll be concerned.

He's getting older? Some news flash there.

I want Harv's firing when games are intense and there's something on the line. I couldn't care less what he does now other than staying fit.

In fairness to commentators, it would get pretty boring if every comment during the NAB Caup was "none of this matters". However that doesn't excuse stupid comments like writing off a champion.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Dermi and the fat turd GT are completely full of it. GT, the skunk, of all people should be aware of the danger of writing of harvs. Lets not forget he will be used in a different , probably more sparing role this year. Modern day rotations in the midfield will suite him to a tee.

Yes they are paid to make "special" comments those two, but they are not paid to make fools of themselves. But dermi and GT will suit themselves, if the shoe fits....
:twisted:

maverick
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
maverick wrote:But GT agreed with everything he was saying so he must be hysterical as well....heard GT myself on the radio this morning....
Like I said I was commenting on the grab I heard and it didn't strike me as anything we didn't already know (GT's comments that is).

If he agreed with Derm's comments then I don't agree at all.
Like most sacked coaches he's probably trying too hard to prove himself correct on some issues.

I suspect this is the case with Harvey.
Like I said earlier, if Harv's starts losing his footy smarts and his hard running then I'll be concerned.

He's getting older? Some news flash there.

I want Harv's firing when games are intense and there's something on the line. I couldn't care less what he does now other than staying fit.

In fairness to commentators, it would get pretty boring if every comment during the NAB Caup was "none of this matters". However that doesn't excuse stupid comments like writing off a champion.
I do agree JD

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

the ironic thing is that Harvs wasn't too bad on Friday night. Or so our coach (not the fat slug who was SACKED as coach) felt as he had him in the centre for the whole of the 4th qtr.

I would prefer our current coaches opinion over Brereton or the fat slug who is suing the club he bleeds red white and black for :roll:

Most others on SEN have been ridiculing the assessment of the two headline chasers and rightly are saying that they wont hang Harvey on a preseason game.

Too bad Dermie and the fat slug haven't the integrity to do that.

Oh yeah have Harvey tearing up a meaningless preseason match. Thats right forget that he has to be managed for a 22 H&A season :roll:

Headline chasing sensationalist idiots :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

The great man will come out and dominate on Saturday Night

Mark my words

I remember a certain other final against the same opposition at the same stadium

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
JeffDunne

TBH, I hope Harv's doesn't play this week.

There's nothing to be gained by him making the trip.

He doesn't need to prove anything to anyone.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:Too bad Dermie and the fat slug haven't the integrity to do that.
Nor were they able to go out on their "own terms" in their playing days.....

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

JeffDunne wrote:TBH, I hope Harv's doesn't play this week.

Spot on there JD, but the great man breathes and eats football and it's a testament to how good and how professional he is.

I reckon he'll be knocking down brick walls to play this week.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote:

Spot on there JD, but the great man breathes and eats football and it's a testament to how good and how professional he is.

which is why our youngsters will gain so much from playing along side this champion

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
stinger
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:The great man will come out and dominate on Saturday Night

Mark my words

I remember a certain other final against the same opposition at the same stadium

now you're talking..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Has played hree out of the four games (including the intra club) so may well get a rest before the season proper.

Will give the likes of Dermie and co to surmise that he has been "dropped" and is past it.

Can probably ge another week or two out of jumping on the great mans footballing grave :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Winmar
Club Player

There were a few times early last year when it looked like R Harvey 3 Votes had lost his awareness, but he went on to have a gun of a year. I'm not bothered by a mistake or two in the flippin' NAB Cup.

JeffDunne

Solar wrote:
TimeToShineFellas wrote:

which is why our youngsters will gain so much from playing along side this champion
Let 'em earn that privilage by winning a spot in the starting 22. :wink:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:Dermi and the fat turd GT are completely full of it. GT, the skunk, of all people should be aware of the danger of writing of harvs. Lets not forget he will be used in a different , probably more sparing role this year. Modern day rotations in the midfield will suite him to a tee.

Yes they are paid to make "special" comments those two, but they are not paid to make fools of themselves. But dermi and GT will suit themselves, if the shoe fits....
They come around eventually :lol:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:Dermi and the fat turd GT are completely full of it. GT, the skunk, of all people should be aware of the danger of writing of harvs. Lets not forget he will be used in a different , probably more sparing role this year. Modern day rotations in the midfield will suite him to a tee.

They come around eventually :lol:
It takes time Barks...time...

As for the comments - I did hear them and the whole discussion and was amazed that, short of "lets grab a headline at harveys expense", that two so called "footy experts" could be dumber.

Seriously Dermott and Grant get along very well and are candidates for dumb and dumber - I also heard "GT" tellling us all on radio this morning how "eminantly qualified" he was to agree with Dermott.....this smells of serious bum sniffin in the highest (it must be true....good corporate opertaor old GT).

That said, come the real stuff I make a decision who I listen to and thank god I cant stand either of these poor mans footballing gurus (both been given the @ss from how many jobs now for being knobs?)

All on the back of 1 NAB Cup Game from Harvey :shock: ...that goes beyond the line "theyre expert commentatots let them say what they want" tripe......I now understand how Grants got 8 kids....if hes as quick in the cot as he is in forming "considered" opinions he probably has another 10 kids elsewhere...

Dermutt...well.......his comments scream "desperation to be relevant" to a footballing public who long ago passed this sad sack of cr@p aside just after he stopped prostituting himself to both Sydney and Collingwood - now theres a "sad" end to a football career......perhaps he is jealous of Harvey's humility after all.......

“Yeah….nah””