Were up and flying, yeah right!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Were up and flying, yeah right!

Is anyone else like me just sick to te back teeth of all the positive crap that gets spun, and then we see before a shot is fired in anger, their are real problems? I have had it. I mean, if there is niggles/injuries just shut the f*** up and dont talk it up FFS.

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Mate u need to have a chat to stinger he'll get u feeling positive again just remember we have 20 guys with senior experience running out 2morrow night

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

What real problems? Players who are going to miss 2-4 weeks of NAB garbage? Including one guy who won't even play until Round 6 anyway.

Schneider at 4 weeks is probably the only worry.
Last edited by Otiman on Thu 14 Feb 2008 9:51pm, edited 1 time in total.

JeffDunne

*looks at calendar*

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

hey oitman, you want to go into round 1 with all those guys having next to SFA game time into em? Didnt think so, thats why it matters.

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote:*looks at calendar*

Is it september yet?

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Of course it's not ideal, but they're hardly season-defining problems. If anything it shows that we're being more cautious than normal.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

So playing some kids during the NAB Cup = we are decimated with injury??

Cant see the connection...and still plenty of experience out there

To be honest Id rather watch Jarryd Allen than Roo take a NAB game apart...plenty of time in the real stuff to watch Roo do it :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Where do we play next week

Upper Congupna West or Bamawm Extension? !!

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I think it is just in our nature as St.Kilda supporters to get worried, overreact and assume the worst, we just need to stay optimistic and hope that it is just resting players because of a bit of tightness and they will all play a game or two before the season begins...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

some stony pear shaped POS out the back of burke somewhere. Hopefully they dont miss any bottle tops from the piss up and rootin and tootin on the "oval" the night before.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:So playing some kids during the NAB Cup = we are decimated with injury??

To be honest Id rather watch Jarryd Allen than Roo take a NAB game apart...plenty of time in the real stuff to watch Roo do it :-)
yes true to an extent.....the only real concern is that players get at least 2 to 3 weeks of good prep before the season starts, so provided the injured ones are up and ready by the start of March we should be OK.

2 week injuries at the moment are OK.....3 or 4 weekers might mean a few players underdone for Round 1.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Where do we play next week

Upper Congupna West or Bamawm Extension? !!
Congupna = Home of Rod Grinter

Bamawm = Home of Sharelle McMahon

!!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

We are doomed I tells ya - Doomed :roll:

Honestly, why do some people even bother to follow football.

Worrying about a pre season game FGS :roll: :roll:

Oh the sky is falling in.

Tell you what iwantmyseats, come back in five weeks when it matters.

How early can the doomsayers start???

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
ttufc7
Club Player

I wouldn't worry....The line from the club all pre-season has been that anyone who has so much as a minor niggle will not be playing

I have a feeling that these "Injured" players would be on the park if this fridays game was for premiership points.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Well I am happy....the guy that really needs the match practice after virtually havinga year off....M gardiner...is playing.....and after having played the intra club it will be two ina row.

He has lots of rust to shke off.....so this for me is good news.

The other players I am not that fussed by... use the games to rotate the whole list through to get them a taste and to sort through the fringe players.

would have liked to have seen demspter though.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:I think it is just in our nature as St.Kilda supporters to get worried, overreact and assume the worst, we just need to stay optimistic and hope that it is just resting players because of a bit of tightness and they will all play a game or two before the season begins...
i'm with you, we're St Kilda supports, we always have to think 'worst possible outcome', as thats usually what it is for us

what worries me was the players labelled 1-2 and 3-4 weeks, which being St Kilda, will probably end up meaning they're not gonna make round 1

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
ace
Saintsational Legend

If we throw the game against Richmond on Friday night do we get to pick Kreuzer.

Oh! sorry Carlton already beat us to that. We may as well just play normal and win.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

lol

this is just the funniest post i've read in ages

iwantmeseats you haven't caught on but this preseason is exactly like every other preseason we've ever had... it never changes. Its always the same story

certain players have their first or best preseason in years

players generally report that this has been the toughest preseason ever

the club generally cotton wools any player with the slightest injury concern

supporters get excited about a particular underachieving player thats training strongly

the recruits are exactly what the team needed

the preseason team gets stronger if we survive the 1st rd.

ALSO... there's hype about the different approach the coach has taken... i used to get sucked into this as well

2000 - every1 was excited that Tim Watson picked recycled a few players specifically filling holes in our list
2001 - Malcolm Blight's "No Footballs out until January" approach was brilliant... players need to get their fitness up we said
2002 - GT's more conventional preseason was what we needed
2003 - GT's touch the football 1000 times a day was a great idea to improve our skills
2004 - Oh we've bulked up... the boys can now compete with men
2005 - We went too hard too early... ease into the preseason and peak at the right time of year
2006 - It's all individualised programs... thats the answer
2007 - Team plays and set plans, more organised

it's all positive and always the same

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Time for this again

RBnW
Club Player

ttufc7 wrote:I wouldn't worry....The line from the club all pre-season has been that anyone who has so much as a minor niggle will not be playing

I have a feeling that these "Injured" players would be on the park if this fridays game was for premiership points.
it looks like that is the deal.....most of the players not picked tonight have been training flat out 8-) .......so they are fit :) ......from what I saw at training most are still running :) ......its about Round 1 and if it was Round 1 tonight it would be a different line up.... :D :D

Our best is yet
to come......
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Part of an article is below (and I will let you decide if it is just spin, factual, interesting etc...)

http://news.theage.com.au/riewoldt-out- ... -1sax.html

Co-captain Nick Riewoldt is among five withdrawals from St Kilda's squad for Friday night's AFL NAB Cup match against Richmond at Telstra Dome.

Steven Baker, Sean Dempster, Andrew McQualter and James Gwilt are also out, all because of injury.

According to a Saints media release, Riewoldt's corked thigh has resulted in knee tendonitis and he will be out of action for a fortnight.

Dempster has needed knee surgery and will miss three to four weeks, while Baker (ankle), McQualter (thigh) and Gwilt are all expected to miss only one match.

.>

The Saints have been through a thorough overhaul of their football department, recruiting Dave Misson to run their fitness program after a shocking run with injuries over several seasons.

"Obviously the club has gone out and spent a lot of money, getting some new physios, the new fitness staff," Fisher said.

"Dave Misson has been a great asset to the club so far, he's brought some new training (methods) to the table and the boys are really confident in how training has been going.

"I was watching the rehab group train yesterday and there were only five people in that, so it's a really positive sign."

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
RBnW
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:Part of an article is below (and I will let you decide if it is just spin, factual, interesting etc...)

http://news.theage.com.au/riewoldt-out- ... -1sax.html

Co-captain Nick Riewoldt is among five withdrawals from St Kilda's squad for Friday night's AFL NAB Cup match against Richmond at Telstra Dome.

Steven Baker, Sean Dempster, Andrew McQualter and James Gwilt are also out, all because of injury.

According to a Saints media release, Riewoldt's corked thigh has resulted in knee tendonitis and he will be out of action for a fortnight.

Dempster has needed knee surgery and will miss three to four weeks, while Baker (ankle), McQualter (thigh) and Gwilt are all expected to miss only one match.

.>

The Saints have been through a thorough overhaul of their football department, recruiting Dave Misson to run their fitness program after a shocking run with injuries over several seasons.

"Obviously the club has gone out and spent a lot of money, getting some new physios, the new fitness staff," Fisher said.

"Dave Misson has been a great asset to the club so far, he's brought some new training (methods) to the table and the boys are really confident in how training has been going.

"I was watching the rehab group train yesterday and there were only five people in that, so it's a really positive sign."
Misson will make a difference....he is a real Pro....its about Rd 1

Our best is yet
to come......
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:So playing some kids during the NAB Cup = we are decimated with injury??

Couldnt agree more. If players are not 100% fit we shouldnt play them PERIOD. If a rookie or newbie can kick ass and take names during this jumped up practice match then all the better.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Mr X from the West
Club Player

This is the same s*** we have heard for as long as I can remember.

Yes, it DOES BLOODY MATTER that we have injuries!!!!

It is history repeating itself again and again ad bloody nauseum.

How the hell Reiwoldt gets tendonitis in his knee from a cork thigh is beyond me. But the word tendonitis scares the s*** out of me...I've got tendonitis in my left wrist and I've had it for 30 years!

So all of you EXCUSE MAKERS shut the f*** up and let us worriers do our worrying.

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"