Those Saints under the pump in 2008

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
No my logic is simple so should i say ot slowly for you. A r m o palyed 3 in the ones last year. E d d y didnt play any when we had injuries and still didnt get put up this year. Surely you can see the logic in that.
I will say it even slower for you! eddy was more consistant and looked better for casey during 2007. Your argument that because armo was named in the bests more has been shot down by your fav ex player in brooks.

armo was picked higher because of eddy's injuries during 2006 and thus was played ahead of the rookie in eddy. Does not mean his season was better. Hell he had three games where he did nothing. He struggled to make an impact at casey level. Eddy was good without the flashes of brilliance.

But no, keep moving the goal posts if you want :roll:

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote: I will say it even slower for you! eddy was more consistant and looked better for casey during 2007. Your argument that because armo was named in the bests more has been shot down by your fav ex player in brooks.

armo was picked higher because of eddy's injuries during 2006 and thus was played ahead of the rookie in eddy. Does not mean his season was better. Hell he had three games where he did nothing. He struggled to make an impact at casey level. Eddy was good without the flashes of brilliance.

But no, keep moving the goal posts if you want :roll:
Armo was better in the seconds than Eddy no doubt. I saw seven games and even hardly remembering the games Armo stood out more than Eddy. By the way how many games did you see out of interest. Also the club must have no idea either as they still couldnt find room for Eddy in the main squad.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Armo was better in the seconds than Eddy no doubt. I saw seven games and even hardly remembering the games Armo stood out more than Eddy. By the way how many games did you see out of interest. Also the club must have no idea either as they still couldnt find room for Eddy in the main squad.
saw about 5 games and enjoyed watching armo cycling on the bench. Glad you are in no doubt that armo was better in the seconds and yet could hardly remember any games where armo stood out? hmmmmmm

one was rookie listed at the start of last year, the other drafted first round. Eddy had a much more consistant year and worked alot harder then armo. Armo might have the better skills or ability to get the hard ball but he is the most slack footballer I have seen in a long while. Thus I put eddy ahead just from the consistant hard work he put in over the more flashy but less hard working armo.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Raph Clarke. He ne
eds to show something

Quixote
SS Life Member

Birss needs a niche role to survive. I rate him as a handy backup midfielder, however I'd like to see him adapted into a Powell/Peckett style of player --

Ie -- protect our other mids! Shepherd, bump, harass the opposition in close!

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo