Club Theme Song.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

markp
Saintsational Legend

Aint broke, dont fix.

Now if you wanna talk about our national anthem....

Most of the theme songs have some pretty absurd lyrics when you think about it (ours is mercifully brief and succinct), but this is also their great charm and part of the charm of our unique game, I miss the ridiculous way goal umpires used to dress too! And I love the whole crazy banner ritual... anyway our song is way less absurd than nearly all of them... I love it.

Great version too, I remember reading that all the old songs were recoded in an afternoon by the same men's choir (who were paid a pittance), and they're probably all dead now so who would sing the new one?! Mike Brady?!! Spare us.

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote: Great version too, I remember reading that all the old songs were recoded in an afternoon by the same men's choir (who were paid a pittance), and they're probably all dead now so who would sing the new one?! Mike Brady?!! Spare us.
The Mighty Fable Singers!

And that wonderful flipside on the single, "The Football Song"

"When the football season comes around again..."

Halo-9
Club Player
Location: Giving the fruit loops and powder puff supporters the finger everyday!

iceman wrote:
And we're Loyal to our mates
'cause we're the Saints

I like that ending to it. :)

ST.KILDA are the BEST
So F**K all the REST

*BALLwagon Member #9*

SAINTS LOVE......................SAINTS FOOTY
Go Sretnias Go
Club Player

Appreciate your comments guys, but have a look at my original post again -- I am not changing the Club song, I am merely extending it by two verses to make it more football friendly and Saint supporter friendly.

Once a Sainter always a Sainter.
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

midas_touch wrote: For me, the best songs would be Richmond, Essendon and Brisbane.
IMHO the best thing out of the Bears/Lions merger was the retention of the Fitzroy song, it is a damn sight better than either of the songs Brisbane had before then.

The only thing worse than "Dare to Beat the Bear" was the song Adelaide first used - "here we go, here we go Camry Crows" :shock: :lol:

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Go Sretnias Go wrote:Appreciate your comments guys, but have a look at my original post again -- I am not changing the Club song, I am merely extending it by two verses to make it more football friendly and Saint supporter friendly.
....or we could just leave it as is

change for change sake is pointless, maybe you should look at getting a job with the AFL rules commitee

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
markp
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote:
markp wrote: Great version too, I remember reading that all the old songs were recoded in an afternoon by the same men's choir (who were paid a pittance), and they're probably all dead now so who would sing the new one?! Mike Brady?!! Spare us.
The Mighty Fable Singers!

And that wonderful flipside on the single, "The Football Song"

"When the football season comes around again..."
I only know that it's time to drink up cos they're kicking me out of the victory room when I hear that song!