Thomas, Saints in stalemate over payment dispute

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote: But the 100k is his.
It all depends what was in the actual agreement re this 100k when GT was terminated.

If it is true that it was kept back until he fulfilled some 'non disclosure' clause then it is a matter for the courts to determine if he has fulfilled it or not. Clearly he feels he has and just as clearly the previous Board feels he hasn't. The new Board hasn't said publicly one way or the other, but apparently are prepared to give it to him to settle the whole issue. Which btw doesn't mean that either party is correct, only that they are prepared to negotiate a settlement of the issue.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote: he's our second most successful coach.
rubbish

Three St.Kilda coaches have got us into a Grand Final for starters and Thomas isn't one of them

Thomas is a parasite, his actions prove this

When many past players took 22.5 cents in the dollar back in the 80's to keep the club in existence, Thomas took 100 cents in the dollar and pissed off to another club

These players by their actions are true Saints men and they made the sacrifice to keep the club in existence

Thomas after having been paid over 2.5 MILLION dollars is now suing the club for $167,000 in holiday pay even after he signed a stat dec stating he's already been paid this money in full

The club offered to settle by paying the $100,000 hush money that Butterss should never have offered Thomas in the first place, but even that wasn't good enough for Thomas

Thomas is a lowlife, bloodsucking parasite and the real reason why he loves the club so much is because it's been his cash cow for the past six years

The only bleeding of red, white and black that this pissant does, as evidenced by his own actions comes off the club's bottomline

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
stinger wrote: he's our second most successful coach.
rubbish

Three St.Kilda coaches have got us into a Grand Final for starters and Thomas isn't one of them

Thomas is a parasite, his actions prove this

When many past players took 22.5 cents in the dollar back in the 80's to keep the club in existence, Thomas took 100 cents in the dollar and pissed off to another club

These players by their actions are true Saints men and they made the sacrifice to keep the club in existence

Thomas after having been paid over 2.5 MILLION dollars is now suing the club for $167,000 in holiday pay even after he signed a stat dec stating he's already been paid this money in full

The club offered to settle by paying the $100,000 hush money that Butterss should never have offered Thomas in the first place, but even that wasn't good enough for Thomas

Thomas is a lowlife, bloodsucking parasite and the real reason why he loves the club so much is because it's been his cash cow for the past six years

The only bleeding of red, white and black that this pissant does, as evidenced by his own actions comes off the club's bottomline
please stop

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

yep b4e, please stop with things that happened in the 80s, he is NOT a parasite for that, and if you thought so why didn't you mention when he was first appointed???

Anyway mate, you may have some grounds, but you give yourself not credit IMO, by mentioning something that may have happened 20 years ago ...

Cheers

Fid

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I will be very disappointed if this makes it to court.

Going to court costs big $$$, and our club can't afford the time, energy or money to fork around with huge legal fees and all the crap that entails.

The best thing to happen now is GT to be ridiculed as the leach he now is by as many as possible on here (which is happening now!) and in the media.

His ego will be hurt so severly he'll most likely IMO take his $100K hush money and run.

Once this settles, I just hope GT doesn't appear on radio next season, or any media outlets for that matter.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:most saints supporters would find your comment offensive ffs....
if you find it offensive, then as far as i'm concerned, you deserve to be offended.

alves and even sheldon, imho, were better coaches than the pigdog.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Re: Thomas, Saints in stalemate over payment dispute

Snakeman66 wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote: Not true. Goose snr and GT were and are good friends. In fact, many of GT's St Kilda staff came from his days at Warrnambool including Billy Couch (property and brother of Paul) & Sandy Morrison (runner).
Isn't Paul Couch Gooses uncle?
Correct. So that makes Billy his uncle too! Stupidly enough, I've never made that connection! Doh.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Selhurst Saint wrote:Thomas is starting to annoy me now and the graceful exit appears to be just a charade.

He says he signed the stat dec under pressure.

I thought he ate pressure for breakfast. :shock:
It was Rod Butterss that made the statement that Thomas 'ate pressure for breakfast'.
Rod who?

Some need to move on - this is Grant Thomas still leeching the club. NOT Rod Butters.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
FFS get a clue....show some respect for respected Journalists!

what a laugh....show me a journalist who is respected ffs.......no such animal.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Im with Sting here - Journos are like lawyers..........deadset intellectually overrated bloated wastes of space (good gangsters though).

“Yeah….nah””
saintly
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
barks4eva wrote:Thomas should be quite happy with the fact that the club paid (overpaid) him over 2.5 MILLION DOLLARS, with him on $500,000 from the get go,
Prove it.
it weas in the papers

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Thomas, Saints in stalemate over payment dispute

barks4eva wrote:FACT

Thomas sought to include $500,000 bonus when negotiating his last contract if he delivered a premiership

The board refused but agreed to a $500,000 bonus on top of the $500,000 he was already on if he delivered two premierships, with this to be paid in the second premiership year

( IMHO Thomas was looking for an easy way to pay back the 1,000,000 loan to Butterss, using football club money)
You are delusional if you think that winning two Premierships is an easy way to make $1M to pay back a loan!

The league is just full to the brim with dual premiership coaches. :roll:

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote:His ego will be hurt so severly he'll most likely IMO take his $100K hush money and run.

Once this settles, I just hope GT doesn't appear on radio next season, or any media outlets for that matter.
You're an optimistic fella................

HarveysDeciple

saintly wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:
barks4eva wrote:Thomas should be quite happy with the fact that the club paid (overpaid) him over 2.5 MILLION DOLLARS, with him on $500,000 from the get go,
Prove it.
it weas in the papers
well then it must be true :wink:

asiu

I don't want to see him get money which he isn't due to get however I recognise his right to get what is due to him. I'm not in any position to assess the legitimacy of his claim & I sincerely doubt that anyone else around here has enough information to do so either. People can moralise all they like but that is not going to go one inch towards solving the problem.

good on ya gt

thanx for having a go

thanx for dragging our ****'d up and ****'d over footy club into the modern day , on no money and by the sounds of it , no support from those who preached 'the ten year plan '

may these issues get sorted , quickly ...for every practicle obvious reason

merry christmas to you and yours grant

may 'sense' reign ....allowing you to be involved with our club again

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
riccardo wrote: I'd kill to see this elusive stat dec you keep harping on about. Not doubting it exists, of course, but have you ever actually seen it? :?:
Stephen Rielly | December 20, 2007 "The Age"

A further $167,000 is being sought for what Thomas has claimed are annual leave and public holiday entitlements, although the former coach signed a statutory declaration while he was still at the club which stated he had taken all the annual leave he was owed. Thomas has since claimed that he was pressured to sign that declaration.

Thomas said at the time of his unexpected departure almost 15 months ago that he could never hurt St Kilda .
That wasn't my question, was it?

have. you. seen. the. stat. dec?

Is that a hard question to answer?

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
riccardo wrote: I'd kill to see this elusive stat dec you keep harping on about. Not doubting it exists, of course, but have you ever actually seen it? :?:

A further $167,000 is being sought for what Thomas has claimed are annual leave and public holiday entitlements, although the former coach signed a statutory declaration while he was still at the club which stated he had taken all the annual leave he was owed. Thomas has since claimed that he was pressured to sign that declaration.

Thomas said at the time of his unexpected departure almost 15 months ago that he could never hurt St Kilda .

NO

Thomas has admitted that he signed the stat dec in question, stating he was owed no further money, but now claims that he was pressured into signing it!

The relevance of your question is quite mystifying

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

good on ya gt

thanx for having a go

thanx for dragging our ****'d up and ****'d over footy club into the modern day , on no money and by the sounds of it , no support from those who preached 'the ten year plan '

:roll: :roll: :roll:

The day GT is back at our club, will be the day I stop buying memberships

FAIR DINKUM

Thomas is a bloodsucking parasite

After already having been paid over 2.5 million dollars, the club offered to settle by paying him the $100,000 hush money Butterss should never have offered in the first place, but even this was not good enough

Thomas wants an extra $167,000 for money he's signed a stat dec stating he's not even owed :roll:

Is it any wonder he ran the football department like a chook raffle, >FAIR DINKUM

Get a clue :idea:

Saints43
Club Player

gazrat wrote:thanx for dragging our ****'d up and ****'d over footy club into the modern day , on no money...
So true. I don't reckon we could pay him too much. The changes he (and others he worked with) made to the club will pay for themselves thousands of times over on what we invested in him. Stat dec or no stat dec.

He and Butterss made our club viable again.

Not perfect. But alive.

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
riccardo wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

NO

Thomas has admitted that he signed the stat dec in question, stating he was owed no further money, but now claims that he was pressured into signing it!

The relevance of your question is quite mystifying
I was merely trying to establish you actually had evidece for your claims. Quite often outlandish statements are made in regards to our former coach that have, to say the least, a tenuous grip on anything resembling truth.

Thats all. No need to shout at me.

JeffDunne

barks4eva wrote:Thomas has admitted that he signed the stat dec in question, stating he was owed no further money, but now claims that he was pressured into signing it!
I must have missed GT's public comments on the issue.

Could you be so kind to post a link or some other reference?

Richter
SS Life Member

gazrat wrote:good on ya gt

thanx for having a go

Amen to that.

Merry Christmas Grant, hope to see you down at TD at a Saints game again some time next year. In mean time keep up the good work of pro-Saints commentary in the media. :wink: :D

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
gazrat wrote:good on ya gt

thanx for having a go

Amen to that.

Merry Christmas Grant, hope to see you down at TD at a Saints game again some time next year. In mean time keep up the good work of pro-Saints commentary in the media. :wink: :D

what pro saints commenty would that be ? the "i would of traded Milne" or the " i was tempted to leave Milne and G-train behind on interstate games " or maybe the "Maguire can only run in straight lines "

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
markp
Saintsational Legend

Would GT claim to have been pressured into signing something that did not exist? Could he be pressured into signing anything?

He and RB did many great things for our club no doubt, but obviously this does not mean they are necessarily great or infallible men.

Maybe the truth about GT lies somewhere in the middle, he is a very gifted, half decent guy (or borderline pr*ck even if you'd prefer) with an enormous ego, a 'bit' of a grudge and an eye for a $$$ ... but not a god and not a devil.

Pay him, don't pay him... annual leave? It's virtually an administrative dispute! Let the courts decide if that's how it must be and let's keep moving forward.

When the final siren blows in 2008 and the Saints are premiers once more, who will give a flying shyte!

I hope GT can enjoy too.

mischa
Club Player

stinger wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
stinger wrote:just a cheap shot for your pigdog comment.....which i did find offensive......
you found that offensive?
ok, i shan't refer to GT anymore as a "pigdog".
instead he can be referred to as persona non grata.
he's our second most successful coach..got us into the finals three years in a row......he's done nothing to you to warrant calling him such an offensive name...most saints supporters would find your comment offensive ffs....
Well said s. These types of ppl IMO are no better than the scumbags in the media who tried to pull the club to shreds :evil: Will always have great memories of GT :)

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

mischa wrote:
stinger wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
stinger wrote:just a cheap shot for your pigdog comment.....which i did find offensive......
you found that offensive?
ok, i shan't refer to GT anymore as a "pigdog".
instead he can be referred to as persona non grata.
he's our second most successful coach..got us into the finals three years in a row......he's done nothing to you to warrant calling him such an offensive name...most saints supporters would find your comment offensive ffs....
Well said s. These types of ppl IMO are no better than the scumbags in the media who tried to pull the club to shreds :evil: Will always have great memories of GT :)
i agree i have fond memorys of GT's time at St kilda its the after he got the arse that ive started to dislike the knob

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/