Duds we have given away

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

my les foote
Club Player

Duds we have given away

If you read this board you would think we only ever give away champions and received duds in return.

This thread is about duds we have given to other clubs who have gone onto do very little.

I'll concentrate on duds we gave to Carlton.

Malcolm Scott. Well before Plugger came along we had Malcolm Scott playing full forward. He could occasionally take a big grab and kick a goal but could do very little else. Last time I saw him he was playing full back for Carlton.

Sam Cranage. Part of the Hamill trade. Played a few games with us in our wooden spoon year of 2000 couldn't get a game at Carlton for a year but then played 10 games in their wooden spoon year of 2002.

Craig Devenport. Traded for pick 17 (Barry Hall) from memory After an up and down career at St.Kilda. Managed one game for the reigning premiers in 1996. Hall was traded for pick 13 (Dal Santo). So every time you see Dal, spare a thought for Craig Devenport

Win it for HIM!
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

IMHo the fairest deal ever done by us was with Footscray when we gave them Russell Tweedale and received back Alby Smedts.

2 'duds' of equal ability.

Other great 'offloads'
to Melbourne -Dean Chiron, Rocket Rod Owen

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Would that be Mark Scott?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Trent Knoble & Cain Ackland make me laugh hearty....

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Nexus Nick and Poochy.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
ctqs
Club Player

Joe McLaren to North.
Wayne Thornborrow to Richmond.
Am I being harsh to say neither Darryl Cunningham nor Andrew Manning set the world on fire at Essendon? Ditto for Danny Craven at Brisbane?
Who were the two players we had to give to the Bears in their first year?
Brodie Atkinson and James Begley to Adelaide. (though extreme mitigating circumstances for Begley)
Plugger and Hall to Sydney - hacks and deadbeats both of them. :wink:
Last edited by ctqs on Thu 29 Nov 2007 1:09pm, edited 1 time in total.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
Halo
Club Player

Craig O'Brien to the swans

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

Rod Owen was a star. Could have been anything....

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

hackland.

LOL

300k p/a for 3 years

LOL

btw Hackland, 900k over 3 years

LOL

thats the sort of money you reserve for GUN players like whitnall

SHUT UP KRIME!
my les foote
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:Would that be Mark Scott?
No

Win it for HIM!
luckysaint
Club Player

ctqs wrote:Joe McLaren to North.
Wayne Thornborrow to Richmond.
Am I being harsh to say neither Darryl Cunningham nor Andrew Manning set the world on fire at Essendon? Ditto for Danny Craven at Brisbane?
Who were the two players we had to give to the Bears in their first year?
Brodie Atkinson and James Begley to Adelaide. (though extreme mitigating circumstances for Begley)
Plugger and Hall to Sydney - hacks and deadbeats both of them. :wink:
Begley was cut down by injury, was not a dud

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i love the ackland one - carlscum carry on and on how we stole hamil with our check book and how he did nothing for us then you look at how much they pay ackland and how crap he is there. at least hamil played some excelent games hackland will be lucky to break out an average game

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:i love the ackland one - carlscum carry on and on how we stole hamil with our check book and how he did nothing for us then you look at how much they pay ackland and how crap he is there. at least hamil played some excelent games hackland will be lucky to break out an average game
im still confused how we stole him...as far as im concerned the story was that john elliot and hamill had a fall out and elliot decided he would send hamill to a losing club like stkilda as payback for their disagreement

i could be completely wrong though

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Bill Barrot would have to be one of the biggest duds we recruited and he was latter moved on to Carlton

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:i love the ackland one - carlscum carry on and on how we stole hamil with our check book and how he did nothing for us then you look at how much they pay ackland and how crap he is there. at least hamil played some excelent games hackland will be lucky to break out an average game
im still confused how we stole him...as far as im concerned the story was that john elliot and hamill had a fall out and elliot decided he would send hamill to a losing club like stkilda as payback for their disagreement

As my memory serves me, Elliott got up at the Blues B and F and drunkenly paid out on Hamill in a big way. Aaron then asked to be traded

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Johnny Favier
Club Player

Although I do agree Craig O'Brien didn't exactly set the world on fire for the Swans, I thought he played quite a few good games for us - he was a beautiful kick for goal and had just the right amount of mongrel in him.

Barney2
Club Player

Halo wrote:Craig O'Brien to the swans
Was a good player. Also played in swans GF team in 96

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:

they are carlton supporters they dont let the truth get in the way of thier excuses ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
they are carlton supporters they dont let the truth get in the way of thier excuses ...[/quote]

yep apparently they never cheated on the salary cap, or if they did, it wasn't there fault, it was the fault of the AFL for catching them.

TBH I think the AFL would have let them get away with it if so many people didn't know about the yellow tabbed folder in AFL house.

when carlton sent in the WRONG copy of their contracts list, it was passed around the AFL while everyone was laughing.

stupid gits at the AFL dont care if you cheat as long as you don't shame the AFL.

as for freo's salary cap cheating pfft.

SHUT UP KRIME!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

the thing with freos cheating is they wasted it on worthless hacks !!!