Shhhh - Saints Fans Travelling Next Year

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Shhhh - Saints Fans Travelling Next Year

For those of you who havn't yet booked your interstate tickets for next year just a heads up that at 7pm tomorrow night jetstar are selling 5000 tickets for just 5c!

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/ ... 76563.html
The Qantas low-cost offshoot plans to sell 5000 five cent fares (including taxes) on its website from 7pm tomorrow night on a handful of its routes.
From Melbourne - Tiger's homebase - the flights are only on three routes served by Tiger.
anyone able to find out what those three routes are?

qld (gold coast) and adelaide are my main picks but sydney i can also do

Chester's Saints
Club Player

I know them but I can not say.

They won't be too beneficial if you plan to go watch games.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

wow
thats awesome
but i would guess that there would be about 100,000,000,000,000 people trying to get online at the same time? so if you have any hope you should go online at like 6pm and judt minimize the page until 7 lol

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

However, the only flights on offer from Sydney are to the Gold Coast. From Melbourne - Tiger's homebase - the flights are only on three routes served by Tiger.

The tickets are also for travel in the low winter season, more than six months away and on selected flights on the low-peak Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday daytimes.
So unless you fly in a few days before, or right before the intended match, not much point really.

They walk amongst us...

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:
However, the only flights on offer from Sydney are to the Gold Coast. From Melbourne - Tiger's homebase - the flights are only on three routes served by Tiger.

The tickets are also for travel in the low winter season, more than six months away and on selected flights on the low-peak Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday daytimes.
So unless you fly in a few days before, or right before the intended match, not much point really.
if perth is one of the places there is a freo v stk game on sunday, so a sat flight would be good.
but im guessing that the 3 places will be Tazzy, adelaide and gold coast

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
HSVKing wrote:

if perth is one of the places there is a freo v stk game on sunday, so a sat flight would be good.
two of the melbourne destinations are hobart and laurnie

really...who would pay 5c to go there

just kidding people. cant comment on tassie as iv never been

sounds like a dud sale...lets see what tiger's offering for gold coast flights :idea:

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
HSVKing wrote:

sounds like a dud sale...lets see what tiger's offering for gold coast flights :idea:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
THAT IS SO FUNNY
lol, 5c to go to tazzy...ripoff
lol, ive been there once, and lets keep it that way!
lol

Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

saintdooley wrote:
SaintBot wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
HSVKing wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
THAT IS SO FUNNY
lol
I think that security down here will make sure of that saintdooley. :wink: :wink:

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Launcestonsaint wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
SaintBot wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
HSVKing wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
THAT IS SO FUNNY
lol
I think that security down here will make sure of that saintdooley. :wink: :wink:
lol, how did i know either you or TazzySaint would be the first one to quote me :lol:

Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member

saintdooley wrote:
Launcestonsaint wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
SaintBot wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
HSVKing wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
THAT IS SO FUNNY
lol
lol, how did i know either you or TazzySaint would be the first one to quote me :lol:
I thought our state government would have beaten me to it. It is well known down here which people have been labelled "NEVER TO RETURN". :lol: :wink:

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Launcestonsaint wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
Launcestonsaint wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
SaintBot wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
HSVKing wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
THAT IS SO FUNNY
lol
I thought our state government would have beaten me to it. It is well known down here which people have been labelled "NEVER TO RETURN". :lol: :wink:
haha, so how much is it to buy one of of the labels? :wink:

Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member

saintdooley wrote: haha, so how much is it to buy one of of the labels? :wink:
5c :wink: :wink:

HarveysDeciple

Launcestonsaint wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
SaintBot wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
HSVKing wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
THAT IS SO FUNNY
lol
you mean those high tech sniffer dogs at the airport :wink:
the ones that are there instead of those metal detector and bag scanners lol.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 62,00.html

"It will run until a minute before midnight, with travellers getting to fly to the Gold Coast, Hobart, Launceston, Newcastle, Rockhampton and Mackay for less than it costs to buy a mint leaf sweet or a single bean in a fruit and vegetable shop."

the only catch is that you have to fly tuesday wednesday or saturday night.....no help to us at all as we only play at the gold coast, and we play satursay night 7.10, while the plane leaves saturday night 22.00pm lol :lol:
unles you want to go up on wednesday night and pay for 4 nights accommodation probably about $100 a night!

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

that was cr@p!
i didnt even get the email telling me the link to go onto for the cheap flights!
you had to be a jetmail member to get the 5c flights, so that ment that not everyone who goes on jetstar.com can get it, only the mail members, and they said we would get the friggin email letting us know how to get the flights, and i got no email!
and just then (10.10pm) i went on jetstar.com and it says *5c flights sold out!*
:evil:

Chester's Saints
Club Player

Well sign up to Jetmail and you won't have the problem.

FYI ... most JetStar sales are accessed via Jetmail and are available to Jetmail members only. :?

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

i went on at about quarter past seven and the site was jammed

then i went back at 7:40 and i got through...melbourne could travel to newcastle, laurnceston and hobart. but newcastle could go to brisbane so i was planning on getting tickets to newcastle then to brisbane but then a popup came up saying sold out :roll:

oh well...ill wait till jetstar cuts their prices down to smitherines when they struggle because of tiger

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Chester's Saints wrote:Well sign up to Jetmail and you won't have the problem.

FYI ... most JetStar sales are accessed via Jetmail and are available to Jetmail members only. :?
ive been a jetmail member for nearly a year now

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

tiger selling tickets for $20 to gold coast, perth, adelaide, etc on random times and days

just bought my tickets to adelaide for round 6

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:tiger selling tickets for $20 to gold coast, perth, adelaide, etc on random times and days
do you know if the Gold Coast has been done yet?
how did you do your flights? coz i just did it normaly and it says $79 to adelaide, is there a button to click for the deals??? and it says $119 to the gold coast!

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
SaintBot wrote:tiger selling tickets for $20 to gold coast, perth, adelaide, etc on random times and days
how did you do your flights? coz i just did it normaly and it says $79 to adelaide, is there a button to click for the deals??? and it says $119 to the gold coast!
yeh i think certain flights sold out of cheap tickets pretty quickly

i got a flight leaving wednesday night for a saturday game and coming back tuesday - just to get the cheap flights

oh well...ill deserve a few days off

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
saintdooley wrote:

i got a flight leaving wednesday night for a saturday game and coming back tuesday - just to get the cheap flights

sounds right.....you'll hardly ever get dirt cheap flights on a Friday or Sunday on any airline....they are most popular days to travel. Tuesday and Wednesday and Saturday arvo/evening are the least popular = most chance of dirt cheap fares.

Do you have free accom in Adelaide???

Otherwise, one extra night's accom can easily eat up any savings got from a cheaper airfare!!!

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
SaintBot wrote:
saintdooley wrote:

sounds right.....you'll hardly ever get dirt cheap flights on a Friday or Sunday on any airline....they are most popular days to travel. Tuesday and Wednesday and Saturday arvo/evening are the least popular = most chance of dirt cheap fares.

Do you have free accom in Adelaide???

Otherwise, one extra night's accom can easily eat up any savings got from a cheaper airfare!!!
iv got cousins over there...all mad saint supporters