Kepler Bradley anyone?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

midas_touch wrote:2m tall lamp post > Kepler Bradley.
lamp post of any variety > Kepler Bradley.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
CeilidhSaint
Club Player

I might make a dick of myself here but could people stop saying "put him as a rookie" as a way of trialling every player known to man - I thought that rookie had to be less than a certain age and played less than a certain number of games blah blah.....

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CeilidhSaint wrote:I might make a dick of myself here but could people stop saying "put him as a rookie" as a way of trialling every player known to man - I thought that rookie had to be less than a certain age and played less than a certain number of games blah blah.....
As long as they are under 23 before the start of the season.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

its a shame really i remember him playing in the WAFL and he really looked the goods he was tall had a good motor fairly fast and quiet nimble obviously the bloke never really gave it his all he kinda reminds me of brooks had heaps of the so called potential but never showed an ounce of it

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:its a shame really i remember him playing in the WAFL and he really looked the goods he was tall had a good motor fairly fast and quiet nimble obviously the bloke never really gave it his all he kinda reminds me of brooks had heaps of the so called potential but never showed an ounce of it
Not every player that doesn't make it, didn't give it his all.

Don't underrate his efforts when you have absolutely no idea of how much he really put in. Its a real slap in the face for the bloke when supporters take this extreme simplistic approach and blame his failed career on not trying enough.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:its a shame really i remember him playing in the WAFL and he really looked the goods he was tall had a good motor fairly fast and quiet nimble obviously the bloke never really gave it his all he kinda reminds me of brooks had heaps of the so called potential but never showed an ounce of it
Not every player that doesn't make it, didn't give it his all.

Don't underrate his efforts when you have absolutely no idea of how much he really put in. Its a real slap in the face for the bloke when supporters take this extreme simplistic approach and blame his failed career on not trying enough.
sure ill admit but the kid had big wraps somthing went wrong attitude ? injury? ??? whatever he looked the goods b4 the daft and looks shabby now

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Yeh, obviously did have big wraps considering pick number 6. I even remember him being interviewed during draft camp. I read he was drafted in 2003 and couldn't believe it......I would have swored it was later than that, but alas 4 years.....

Personally I thought the kid could play. Yet Essendon's response has been overwhelmingly critical of the boy.

Enlighten me, how does a 199cm player fit anywhere other than Ruck? Cos they are saying that he's only a good HHF/Wingman......

Probably dominated the little leagues cos of his size yet never excelled in the most likely position of ruck. Never going to be more damaging that a faster little man in the above positions.

If he wasnt drafted as a ruckman, what was he drafted as? Surely recruiters have got to be smarter than that.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

is he just a 2 year younger version of Barry brooks ?

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:is he just a 2 year younger version of Barry brooks ?
different sort of player.

has played key back at essendon, pehaps he would be more suited to a key forward role (just couldnt get an oppurtunity at essendon with lucas and lloyd)

before he was drafted he was considered the next Warren Trendrea (before his injury)

we wont get him unless fremantle pass on him, which is very unlikely - however if he is still available come our pick in the psd then he would have to be considered