new talent....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: new talent....

plugger66 wrote: Just because most people agree with you doesnt mean I cant have an opinion if you get the right trade you should do it. And if I say ffs and have rolling eyes does that make what I am saying better.
telling someone to get real is flowering insulting......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Quixote
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:how many saints players have won rising star nominations in recent years........flower all......

....gilbert was our only winner this year...he also won our most promising new player award......daylight was second.....

...i am sick of the club trading away ..or wasting our first round draft pick since we got goddard in 2002.......that's 5 flowering years.....ffs....

..i want to see some excellent young talent around the club...this years draft might look a little thin..but there are at least 15 top class potential 200 game players to be drafted....stop all this sh!t about trading away our no 9 draft pick...and our future...

i am really worried that shytney have traded their early draft picks in recent years...now they are on the slide with an aging side and no young talent to speak of.....don't do the same to st kilda ross lyon....... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Hi Barks

:wink:

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
luckysaint
Club Player

The recruiters weigh up whether the players they want will be around at that pick. If they believe that they will be taken earlier, or later than the pick they are trading, and the player they are going for is deemed better than what they could get otherwise, then they should make that trade.

It's about making an educated decision. I have good faith in the recruiting department. Sure the lot of you could run about saying that we could have kept pick 47 from last year and picked up Westhoff (instead of Gardiner or Birss) as well, but he was a speculative pick. The draft is a gamble.

As it stands from that trade we have a speculative ruck (could be anything) and a hard working inside mid (good ready backup/pushing for 22), i'd say that's a decent return for a 3rd/4th round DP. Remember there have been many top 10 draft picks that have been worse than those 2.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:how many saints players have won rising star nominations in recent years........flower all......

....gilbert was our only winner this year...he also won our most promising new player award......daylight was second.....

...i am sick of the club trading away ..or wasting our first round draft pick since we got goddard in 2002.......that's 5 flowering years.....ffs....

...really.????????????.....watts, brooks, aclkand, knobel and guerra ring any bells....ffs........ :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
It's a bit high and mighty of you coming on here and blaming Thomas for giving away all our flowering draft selections and suggesting that this has cost us.

If it wasn't for Grant Thomas where would we flowering be today, he almost singlehandedly turned this football club around and changed the flowering culture overnight.

I'm tired of all this Thomas bashing, it's time to move on and stop dredging up the flowering past.

Grant gave everything for this flowering club, what have you ever done........ flower all........ffs :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
luckysaint
Club Player

With all this flowering going on perhaps we should create a new board devoted to gardening.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

...really.????????????.....watts, brooks, aclkand, knobel and guerra ring any bells....ffs........ :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
It's a bit high and mighty of you coming on here and blaming Thomas for giving away all our flowering draft selections and suggesting that this has cost us.

If it wasn't for Grant Thomas where would we flowering be today, he almost singlehandedly turned this football club around and changed the flowering culture overnight.

I'm tired of all this Thomas bashing, it's time to move on and stop dredging up the flowering past.

Grant gave everything for this flowering club, what have you ever done........ flower all........ffs :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:wink: :lol: :lol: ...i have never said you were wrong on the issue of trading early draft picks.......only who you were willing to solely blame......

..so stop being...or trying to be a smart arse.....

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

hey barks4eva and stinger, I have one thing to say to both of you:

GET A ROOM!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

:wink: :lol: :lol: ...i have never said you were wrong on the issue of trading early draft picks.......only who you were willing to solely blame......
My apologies stinger, obviously Grant had nothing to do with any of that

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:I'm tired of all this Thomas bashing, it's time to move on and stop dredging up the flowering past.
I'm suprised that you're not exhausted ! :lol:

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:hey barks4eva and stinger, I have one thing to say to both of you:

GET A ROOM!
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: oh ffs..... :evil:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Just because most people agree with you doesnt mean I cant have an opinion if you get the right trade you should do it. And if I say ffs and have rolling eyes does that make what I am saying better.
And saying ffs isnt. As I said get real.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
And saying ffs isnt. As I said get real.
Hey if stinger has to apologize for anything it's for starting a flowering thread attacking Grant and his so called poor recruiting.

It isn't even Easter and still GT gets crucified, after all he did for this club, the enormous sacrifices he made and yet some still want to come on here and have a go at him for trading away all those flowering draft selections and first rounders on flowering recycled players.

Move on stinger and stop dragging his name through the flowering mud.

If it wasn't for Grant this club would probably not even be around today and we should change the name of the Huggins stand to the Grant Thomas stand even if we are about to knock it flowering down.

We should pay him out another 2.7 million instead of the measly and floweringly pitiful amount of $270,000 that he's suing the club for, if only out of flowering respect for all the incredible sacrifices that he made.

fffs....apologize for your OP.....and flowering move on....fffs :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Grant Thomas - You will NOT be floweringly forgotten