It's Official - Blake is a Top Ten Player (B&F)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Well done Jason Blake.

Shows the nuffy morons who continually bag you on this forum up for what they are.

The votes for the B&F are done by knowledgable football people and not kneejerk reactive halfwits that wouldn't know a footballer if one was rammed up their arses :roll:

Good on you Jason Blake.

Stuff the whingers and knockers who have never pulled on a boot, have never played a game of competitive football (or probably any other sport for that matter).

You give you all every game and you are living the dream all of these envious nobodies would love to.

Keep it up and keep contributing.

Oh and well done Roo, Sam Fisher, and Joey. Well deserved.
Couldnt have said it better myself!!

FFS, the amount of people on here how think their footballing knowledge outranks those who have more experience than this entire Forum combined is frightening.

Newsflash: Watching training and posting ever-so-earnest match reports does NOT make you qualified to think yourself an equal to an AFL assistant coach

Oh NO..Blake cant have a good season, the voting system must be flawed..Pffft..unbelievable. :roll:

Lenny finished 5th and missed heaps of footy..kinda puts a hole in a few people arguments. Roo won and missed how many games???

Well done Blakey...hope this is a wake-up call to a few people that they ARENT the football gurus that they think they are!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Well done Jason Blake.

Shows the nuffy morons who continually bag you on this forum up for what they are.

The votes for the B&F are done by knowledgable football people and not kneejerk reactive halfwits that wouldn't know a footballer if one was rammed up their arses :roll:

Good on you Jason Blake.

Stuff the whingers and knockers who have never pulled on a boot, have never played a game of competitive football (or probably any other sport for that matter).

You give you all every game and you are living the dream all of these envious nobodies would love to.

Keep it up and keep contributing.

Oh and well done Roo, Sam Fisher, and Joey. Well deserved.
Couldnt have said it better myself!!

FFS, the amount of people on here how think their footballing knowledge outranks those who have more experience than this entire Forum combined is frightening.

Newsflash: Watching training and posting ever-so-earnest match reports does NOT make you qualified to think yourself an equal to an AFL assistant coach

Oh NO..Blake cant have a good season, the voting system must be flawed..Pffft..unbelievable. :roll:

Lenny finished 5th and missed heaps of footy..kinda puts a hole in a few people arguments. Roo won and missed how many games???

Well done Blakey...hope this is a wake-up call to a few people that they ARENT the football gurus that they think they are!!
Well said and well done Jason Blake.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:

The system of voting rewards players who play every match. If you miss 5+ games, it is very hard to poll well unless you are an exceptional player.
Whats Kosi's excuse then?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Sam23
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:

The system of voting rewards players who play every match. If you miss 5+ games, it is very hard to poll well unless you are an exceptional player.
Didn't have a good season.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Didn't have a good season.
Well then Blake was better :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Zippy
Club Player

Blake rules!!! You've got to love the Blake.

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€
my les foote
Club Player

I love the Blake!

Win it for HIM!
battye
Saintsational Legend

Blake deserved top 9. :D

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

karnaby wrote:Congratulations Jason Blake.

Two other points:
1.. The people who awarded the votes did so knowing how the players fulfilled the roles they were given & expected to perform. Whilst some of us might think that other players were more deserving of votes maybe the result reflects how well Blake performed the jobs that he was given.
correct the votes given by the coaches who therefore would have voted on what they saw as a aginst what they needed to have done.

we had this discussion on the way home- in relation to Jason and also Sam Fisher- who was not as 'flashy-as in the runs from the backline-' but had to do the job of 3 at various times where he covered both Max's and Matty's positions and then would provide the back up in covering the opposi8tion forwards who needed double teaming. so not as obviosu to the supporter in the stand But doing as required to negate the opposition.

Good on all players who polled- even Bakes who came in the top 10 despite missing some weeks.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

What I can read into many of the posts above is that that many forumites are content with finishing Ninth.

Taking delight in Blake coming in ninth is either head in the sand thinking about half the team or not wishing for true team success.

Now YES Blake had his best year ever for the Saints and even had two truly outstanding games.....but make no mistake the fact that Blake managed to finish ninth nased on the overall qulaity of the games that he put in is very much reflective of the year the saints had and where we finished.

Blake is a finge player and the votes should reflect this.....that he actually ranked so highly means that many underachieved and also that other suffered due to injuries.

Now this is not Blakes fault at all...and indeed it represents his good efforts tis year....but it is also sad reflection on the many players who did not reach their potential either through poor form and lack of application or through injury.

If we have as many injured and underachieving in 2008...we will have a similar year.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:What I can read into many of the posts above is that that many forumites are content with finishing Ninth.
I'd argue that your interpretation is flawed. My reading is that many forumites are content with Jason Blake finishing ninth in the B&F after a year where he performed admirably.

Moreso, many are delighted for him personally. He's a technically flawed but courageous and versatile player who has received recognition for this terrific effort throughout the year with accolades reflecting his contributions relative to those of his teammates this year.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:What I can read into many of the posts above is that that many forumites are content with finishing Ninth.

Taking delight in Blake coming in ninth is either head in the sand thinking about half the team or not wishing for true team success.

Now YES Blake had his best year ever for the Saints and even had two truly outstanding games.....but make no mistake the fact that Blake managed to finish ninth nased on the overall qulaity of the games that he put in is very much reflective of the year the saints had and where we finished.

Blake is a finge player and the votes should reflect this.....that he actually ranked so highly means that many underachieved and also that other suffered due to injuries.

Now this is not Blakes fault at all...and indeed it represents his good efforts tis year....but it is also sad reflection on the many players who did not reach their potential either through poor form and lack of application or through injury.

If we have as many injured and underachieving in 2008...we will have a similar year.
Agree 100%

It's also a very VERY poor reflection on our list and where it's at due to poor recruiting and development.

Ask yourself, would Jason Blake get a game for Geelong?

He wouldn't even be in Geelong's top 30

Blake is a liability and that he can finish 9th in our best and fairest is a damning indightment on our recruiting for the past six years and shows why we are middle of the table which is where we have been two years in a row

We will never win a premiership with players such as Blake and Birss running around

These players would not get a game with Geelong and that's just a fact, that they can get regular games with us, is nothing for any supporter to jump up and down about unless you enjoy embracing mediocrity

FAIR DINKUM

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Just as well that Fizzer finished outside the Top 10 eh?? This place would have gone into meltdown.

Damn these "fringe" players...dont they know their place??? :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Just as well that Fizzer finished outside the Top 10 eh?? This place would have gone into meltdown.

Fiora was deserving of a top ten spot. Iv very clearly stated that he, Kosi and Ball are the three main players which cleary shouldve been top ten over Blake

milney044
Club Player

agree with saintsrising, barks and saintbot.

blake may have improved but honestly, you know you're going backwards when he makes top 10. not having a go at blake, just the way i see it. Ball should be finishing top 5 along with Koz, im not having a go at them, more stating how our injuries hurt us.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
saint66au wrote:Just as well that Fizzer finished outside the Top 10 eh?? This place would have gone into meltdown.

Fiora was deserving of a top ten spot. Iv very clearly stated that he, Kosi and Ball are the three main players which cleary shouldve been top ten over Blake
Well thats your opinion I guess..although the way youve said "clearly" indicates tp me that you hold your footballing knowledge up there with the coaches who gave the votes.

Remember, votes are given for performing a role on the day. Blakey is obviously very good at that given his 9th position finish

How can any of you say the voting is right or wrong, or how who finished where affected our season, when you arent privvy to the fine details of the game plan or pre-match address??

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
mischa
Club Player

Well done Jb :) Very underrated always gives his best performer.

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
SaintBot wrote:

Well thats your opinion I guess..although the way youve said "clearly" indicates tp me that you hold your footballing knowledge up there with the coaches who gave the votes.

Remember, votes are given for performing a role on the day. Blakey is obviously very good at that given his 9th position finish

No doubt Blake would look good on the stats sheet when he does his tagging role. Almost to the point of selfishness, either that or he is a really, really dumb footballer.

So many times this year he has had the choice of making sure his opponent wouldnt get a cheap possesion or doing the team thing and sheparding or tackling or going up to spoil for instance, instead he sticks to his man.

Example 1:

- Ok here we have Blake on his man with an opposition player with the ball running past him towards the top of the top of the screen. The right thing to do would be to approach the runner and either tackle or pressure him. But Blake too often just sticks to his man afraid that he might get a stat next to his name. If worse comes to worse the player with the ball would just handball the ball over Blake's head to his opponent but then Blake's teammate would have greater momentum, than the ball receiver. Therefor the ball receiver is under pressure to dispose the ball or he will be run down. No Blake says he isnt my man it doesnt concern me and watches as the player runs on with his teammate chasing behind.

Example 2:

- Whilst the drawing is crap most of you would get it Id hope. It is inside 50, or from a kickout. This is probably one of the biggest occurances in league football where a teammate is along way behind his player so a player that is closer to the player runs off his man picks him up while the man lagging behind takes his player. In this case Blake is on his man but one of his teammates is a long way off his opponent. Blake should go and pick up his teammates opponent while his teammate in the meantime can take Blake's opponent. Instead iv seen Blake to often stick to his man forcing his teammate to run double the distance he should have to.

Does his job by stopping his player, yes he can do that from time to time (ill never forget his job on Dale Thomas this year however) but does he makes the sacrifices that all players need to make if they want to be a great team, no i believe not.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Fiora played good to very good football this year.

Went from being fringe to being a definite regular.

Blake by contrast was apart from 2 or 3 games still playing fringe quality football.

Blake definitely played better football this year and congratulations to him on that. If all his team mates had equally improved then we would have been top 4.

It is not "Damn" Blake at all...but rather that others who have more talent did not play as well as they could or should....for some it was injuring.....for some it was just poor form. ie McQualter

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

It is interesting I think that the members have just basically voted out RB and his Board on the basis that they were not performing as an elite Board.

Not good enough cry the masses....we want nothing less than the best.....despite RB and his Board having been the best financially that the saints have ever had.

Now when it comes to the playing group I think many are blinded by the status of just being a player...

For the Board the demand is the be nothing lest than the best.......but of the playing group mediocrity is deemed to be ok just as long as you are a good bloke.

If the FF fail to deliver on the promised extra millions and extra playing resources will NB and AT being good blokes be enough????? No of couse not. They must deliver.

The playing group needs to deliver....just as Roo's speech at the B& F said they must.
Riewoldt said at the B&F wrote:http://news.realfooty.com.au/riewoldt-i ... -12ry.html

In a stirring speech, Riewoldt also demanded more of his teammates, urging them to take a leaf out of Geelong's book and springboard from finals hasbeens to premiership winners in 2008.

"We've really come to a fork in the road. The way I see it we were a competitive team this year, and that's about it," Riewoldt said.

"We can go one of two ways - we can be a competitive football team and hover around the mark, or we can go down the road to a premiership.

"Too often we let our mateship get in the way of the truth and it gets in the way of us doing and saying the things we need to do and say to win a premiership.

"Until we have everyone asking themselves honestly the question 'am I doing enough' and challenging each other on it, then we're not going to achieve what we want to achieve." Saints coach Ross Lyon said the players had held a meeting to outline their objectives for 2008, following on from a mid-2007 meeting in which they attempted to put right their second half of the season.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sat 06 Oct 2007 7:18pm, edited 2 times in total.

roo+hayes=flag
Club Player

Great Post, Totaly agree.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Keep on rolling Harvs
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Blake top 10 what a joke.... absolute DUD

woooosaints
Club Player

delist blake please he has more ineffective possessions a match then effective ones

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

woooosaints wrote:delist blake please he has more ineffective possessions a match then effective ones
Great comment. Better delist 10-15 others as well because they were worse than Blake.

Shaggy
Club Player

I would have thought Blake would have been in our top 10 last year up until he got injured at the half way mark.

He may make mistakes and he may not be a star but he always contributes. Unfortunately we have too many others who simply have no impact when their game is off (and some who seem to have mainly off games :D ).