IS Brooks Trade Bait?????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

IS Brooks Trade Bait?????

There seems to be lots of different views on Brooks though I think all acknowledge that he has under achieved.....even allowing for his knee injury setback which was some time back.

Some have him as having one more year....some as to be delisted.

But he has not yet been delisted, so is this because:

* He will be kept

* He will be kept IF we do not trade fora satisfactory second ruck to back up Gardi

* That Gardis feet are no good and so he is needed as an emergency, and so will be kpt

* That he has only not been delisted yet as we will try and trade him to the Dogs or another AFL team.....even if it is just for a late pick. If not trade he will be delisted.

So what is your view or theory???

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: IS Brooks Trade Bait?????

saintsRrising wrote:There seems to be lots of different views on Brooks though I think all acknowledge that he has under achieved.....even allowing for his knee injury setback which was some time back.

Some have him as having one more year....some as to be delisted.

But he has not yet been delisted, so is this because:

* He will be kept

* He will be kept IF we do not trade fora satisfactory second ruck to back up Gardi

* That Gardis feet are no good and so he is needed as an emergency, and so will be kpt

* That he has only not been delisted yet as we will try and trade him to the Dogs or another AFL team.....even if it is just for a late pick. If not trade he will be delisted.

So what is your view or theory???
One or Two. He is not tradable.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Agree with Plugger.
He is either de-listed or retained. He has no real trade value. Not sure whether any clubs would even offer a 5th rounder for him considering he has been in the system since 2002.

The Saints are coming!
Saint Mik
Club Player

You cant trade if nobody will take him and who would when you think about our ruck problem and we are trading a bloke that we got to ruck for us doesnt say much for him.

I'm really not sure what you do with him probably delist him if another option comes in the draft :?

I think Gardy's foot problem must be ok otherwise he would not of been offered another contract hopefully the gamble will pay off in the 08 season.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
claystreet
Club Player

I think they will Persist with Brookes as a 2nd tier forward
back up ruckman at best unless he sees the light or they get sick of him

I thought on the occasions i watched him he lacked ticker
was scared of getting hurt looked lazy, but the time he got a run in the forward line he looked sharp and a good lead and slotted 3, GT should have left him to have a go but it was finals and Barry was relegated back to Casey. My call on him was to be traded 3 seasons ago

8-)

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

I think Lyon sees him as a forward who can pinch hit in the ruck. Won't be selected as a backup ruckman, but if he's in the team he will spend a bit of time there.

Key forward rankings: Riewoldt, Koschitzke, Brooks, Watts, Allen
Ruck rankings: Gardiner, Koschitzke, Blake, Rix, Brooks

Batnoe

Let him have a blinder next year and trade him 09 and get soemthing for him

bendigo bob
Club Player

Not trade bait only fish bait.

Seriously I know big blokes take longer to develop but at this rate he will be retired before we see his best.

Offer him to Sydney with a 2nd or 3rd round dp for Jolly.

BJ has arrived!!!!!!!!!!

BJ's #1 Fan

Winner of the half time Social Club auction for Kosi's jumper Round 19 2005
Can we build it? Yes we can!!
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

bendigo bob wrote:Not trade bait only fish bait.
Beat me to the punch

8-)
bendigo bob wrote:Offer him to Sydney with a 2nd or 3rd round dp for Jolly.
And after they've finished looking for the hidden camera thinking it was a joke, would come back with a "Thanks but no thanks"

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

We might get something like our trade for Birss with the dogs, a 4th round pick. Given how many guys we need to take in this draft, i'd be looking at getting as many 3rd and 4th round picks as possible.

Personally I'd keep him on a base wage, play him throughout the entire pre-season, and let him know he's gone if he doesn't perform.

Given we NEED to delist 3 players per year, and we're likely to have rookie elevations in addition to that, AND our retirements look like only being Harvs. To delist Brooks, or trade him for a draft pick whom we can't delist next year would be foolish.

cazper66

Brooks can no longer be considered a "Project Player'...christ, he has been in the system for about 5 years.
He is not up to playing in the ruck (I think everyone including the coaching staff agree on that), so one can only assume that he has been developed as a forward. Only problem is, he lacks the ticker to be an AFL player. Honestly, I can't see anyone offering even a fourth round selection for him. Therefore it's time to go....

Let's just hope that Fergus Watts doesn't end up in the same boat. That will make 2 first round draft choices we wasted.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

I don't think you need to delist 3 players, just that at least 3 players need to get cut. Since we have had 5 retire and two delisted I would assume that brooks will stay.

It's friday arvo, can't be bothered arguing the old brooks issue.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:I don't think you need to delist 3 players, just that at least 3 players need to get cut. Since we have had 5 retire and two delisted I would assume that brooks will stay.
Correct, but i'm talking about 2008 delistings/retirements.

The ruling is that you must take at least 3 players in the national draft, so therefore we must have the space for them.

The problem is that we've had so many retirements and delistings this year, that there may be none left for next year.

McQualter, Brooks, Watts must all be on their last chance though, along with Harvey retiring - Even from all of those guys, I don't see how we will be able to make enough changes next year to get room for our 3 picks.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:McQualter, Brooks, Watts must all be on their last chance though, along with Harvey retiring - Even from all of those guys, I don't see how we will be able to make enough changes next year to get room for our 3 picks.
Possible retirements before 2009
Harvey (37)
Hudghton (32)
Gardiner (29)

Possible delistings before 2009
Jones
Ferguson
Brooks
Watts
McQualter
Gwilt
Rix
Blake
Attard

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote:
bendigo bob wrote:Not trade bait only fish bait.
Beat me to the punch

8-)
I was gunna say...only trade bait if you're fishing for acklands.....but I don't think I will now !

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Carl Mynott
Club Player

I think he'll get a mention during trade week but i'd be surprised if anyone took him ,having said that though,the Bulldogs are desperate for a tall forward but it wouldn't be much of a forward line with McDougall at CHF and Brooks at FF....

I wouldn't call that an Adcock forward line,its more a Softcock forward line...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The more things change the more they stay the same
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Regardless of what we / all of you (yes all of you) / have said on here over the past few years regarding Brooks he has slipped through, survived and remains on our list. The only reason can be Insurance, maybe only Travelling Insurance at best and we all know how dodgy that is especially when trying to make a claim.

Not too many big bodies on the list and Watts may only be a one trick pony who if he doesn't seize the vacant post at FF will severely limit the flexibility of our list.

We can only cross our fingers, as Brooks will not be traded (sort by another club) IMHO.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Its time for him to go, plenty of opportunity.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Brooks will be a St Kilda premiership ruckman this time next year.

Mark My Words.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

as trade bait, we will get nothing...any other afl team would laugh at the fact that this player is even on our list. Port adelaide must get a raging hard on every time they think of the trade that saw them clear the dead wood before he could take 4-5 years of pay without returning anything to his club.

time to cut our losses with Brooks, he is a dud

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Spinner wrote:Brooks will be a St Kilda premiership ruckman this time next year.

Mark My Words.
yeah, and i will get hemroids off my dog :roll: :roll: :roll:

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
saintrod
Club Player

I can only see Brooks staying on the list if we don't recruit another ruck.

If we don't he may stay and share ruck and forward duties with Kosi but the bottom line is he has done sfa and should be delisted and no club would vaguely consider him as a trade option.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:as trade bait, we will get nothing...any other afl team would laugh at the fact that this player is even on our list. Port adelaide must get a raging hard on every time they think of the trade that saw them clear the dead wood before he could take 4-5 years of pay without returning anything to his club.

time to cut our losses with Brooks, he is a dud
lol!

I think barks also gets that raging hard-on feeling also when thinking about the famous BBBB trade!

harve1

I would take 2 hotdogs for him...fair dinkum, probably a great bloke but he is not up to the grade

GREG BURNS THE GREATEST CENTREMAN I`VE SEEN
claystreet
Club Player

Yep Baz certainly has to show some form
or GTFO