HOw did the three Mc's get the GF gig..

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

HOw did the three Mc's get the GF gig..

Just read that Mc's Laren, Burney and Inernay will be the men in white (red) for Saturdays GF.

Thought their handling of Friday's Prelim was average at best..in my eyes they got most of the 50:50's wrong...an opinion shared by Timmid, who said as much after the telecast.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

They got the job for the grand final as they did a wonderful job of keeping the filth in the game to the end. That 50 meter penalty against Selwood for Obree to goal was one of the worst decisions you will see.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

McLaren is the worst official in any major professional sport I have seen in many a long year: he usually looks all at sea out there, he has no feel for the rhythm of the game, and he is always a risk of diving in and awarding the stupidest and most nit-picking free kick imaginable.

McBurney is only marginally better IMO. McInerny is so-so.

Surely Kennedy and even Vozzo are streets ahead of these three.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:McLaren is the worst official in any major professional sport I have seen in many a long year
But according to the Giesch, he is a very good bouncer. :roll:

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Riewoldting
SS Life Member

SENsaintsational wrote:
meher baba wrote:McLaren is the worst official in any major professional sport I have seen in many a long year
"Step onto the hallowed turf of the MCG? Not in those boots, sunshine. Them's f****** casual."

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
GrumpyOne

Riewoldting wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:
"Step onto the hallowed turf of the MCG? Not in those boots, sunshine. Them's f****** casual."
LOL

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Look it's a farce.

The three amigos on SEN this morning couldn't understand how Brett Allen, Vozzo were overlooked....Timmid thought Chamberlain should get a gig because of how well he interacts with the players!!!

I think Billy said he thought Allen was involved in the Richo hands in the back free incident, and commented he didn't like the rule but had to pay it.....thought was that Allen was blacklisted from the GF gig from that point on.....would not surprise me!

Anyway, they are all a bunch of filthy, slimy maggots - whoever gets the gig!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Superboot
SS Hall of Fame

meher baba wrote:McLaren is the worst official in any major professional sport I have seen in many a long year: he usually looks all at sea out there, he has no feel for the rhythm of the game, and he is always a risk of diving in and awarding the stupidest and most nit-picking free kick imaginable.

McBurney is only marginally better IMO. McInerny is so-so.

Surely Kennedy and even Vozzo are streets ahead of these three.

Agree about McLaren. He's an attention-seeker, and seems to think that the mark of a good umpire is to give the decision that no-one else could see, forgetting that the reason no-one else could see it is because it wasn't there. Anyone who followed British soccer during the '70s will remember Welsh referee Clive Thomas, who was very similar. Keep these egotists out of the game, I say.

I would have agreed about Vozzo, but he slaughtered us two weeks in a row in the 2nd half of this season.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

the AFL has already decided who will the flag is all I can think off.

congratulations Geelong.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!