Questions for ROD BUTTERSS !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Questions for ROD BUTTERSS !!

Here a just a few of the questions I would like Rod to answer;

The SFF group claim to have 7,500 proxies and predict that they will have 10,000 by 30/9/07. Do you dispute these numbers? What are your thoughts on the message this is sending to you and your board?

Damien Barrett (Herald Sun) writes that you are trying to delay the EGM. What is your response to this, considering both Greg Westaway and yourself have publicly stated that any EGM should be sooner rather than later? What is the most likely date for the EGM? October or November?

We have lost our joint major sponsors, Bill Express & Vodafone. Do we have a major sponsor (or joint major sponsors) ready for 2008? When can we expect an anouncement on this?

The re-development of our Moorabbin training base appears to have gone from stumbling block to stumbling block with little or no real progress. What is the current status of this project? Are there any alternative plans in place?

Your private dispute with Grant Thomas became very public earlier this year. Do you think that this caused any damage to the St Kilda Brand?

I think these and other questions need to be answered to the members as a matter of priority. I'm sure other posters have other questions for Rod. Please keep them civil !!

bungiton
SS Life Member

Are you actually going to field these questions to the man Eastern, or is it just a hope we might get an answer??

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

First three questions are excellent.

I also ask bungitons question Eastern.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

If the board does survive, who would they nominate to replace the Directors that appear to have defected ?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
4theluvoftheclub
Club Player

hope it's not more mates and business connections that RB can control...wonder if the newspaper/radio rumours a week ago are right that RB wants to get on a man called Strech, RB's lawyer who sued GT for RB about the $1m loan....that's all we need - more people on the board who are part of the Rod v Thommo fight.....

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

bungiton wrote:Are you actually going to field these questions to the man Eastern, or is it just a hope we might get an answer??
Sent them via email to Archie Fraser at the club. I tried to contact Rod direct but the mobile ph No I was given has been disconnected !!
Last edited by Eastern on Sun 23 Sep 2007 6:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Sent them via email to Archie Fraser at the club. I tried to contact Rod direct but the mobile ph No is was given has been disconnected !!
Must have been a Vodafone account :lol:

They walk amongst us...

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

These are the questions I would ask of RB and his Board.

If you can maintain the financial performance next year (ie replace departing sponsors and at least equal revenue from memberships etc) what do you propose to do with the million dollar profit you will again generate.

Will you be increasing spending in football areas?
Will you be increasing spending in administration areas?
Will you be increasing spending in marketing areas?

If you cannot maintain the financial performance this year due to loss of sponsorship monies and dwindling membership/reserved seat monies, how do you propose to stop the Club 'falling back' from its current healthy financial position?

Do you plan to again increase membership costs?
Do you plan to again increas Reserved Seat prices?
Do you plan to cut back on expenditure?
If so, in what areas.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Bugga !!

I just thought of another question.

What plans does the current board have to address our declining membership numbers?

I sent the email in earlier. Perhaps Rod will give me a call and I can ask it then. I did add my phone number to the email !!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

It now looks like we will have to wait until the end of November to get our questions answered. By then it will probably be irrelevent as RB and his team may not have any authority !!

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

My questions are the same for Butterss as the ones I've been asking the other side.

1) Debt free - what priority on turning a profit this year, next, and moving forward.

2) If unwilling to divulge what strategies are in place to increase total turnover, what indication or benchmark are they willing to give of expected success in this area? This should be an easier question for Butterss than for Westaway, I'd expect this to be something that is regularly reviewed.

3) What initiatives are we going to see in the next 12 months levraging off the financial success to translate it into better facilities and resources for the players and coaches?

Additionally, I'd wonder whether Butterss has anyone in mind to replace the two board members one would think would not continue after a hypothetical successful defense. Personally I'd prefer people either with pro sports (business) management experience, or failing that, NFP management experience. I'd also really like to see them bring in someone to be the face of the board and talk to the media - Butterss does okay as the face, but the moment he opens his mouth he's in trouble.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
mischa
Club Player

Hey Eastern I wouldn't count on any answers to your questions...To Butterss (and Demetriou) you are utterly IRRELEVANT!

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

mischa wrote:Hey Eastern I wouldn't count on any answers to your questions...To Butterss (and Demetriou) you are utterly IRRELEVANT!
FWIW, I've used the SFF site, emailed SFF, and emailed the club, 3 times each at this point, first emails sent early last week, and haven't received any response (which was what I expected, but I thought it responsible if harping on here about not having my questions answered to actually ASK my questions). As far as I can tell, I'm equally irrelivant to everyone. :)

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford