Good luck to the Catters

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Good luck to the Catters

I've a great many friends who follow the Cats, and I've seen them suffer all the disappointments of these past forty odd years missing out on premiership glory. I hope that the team do it for them this week.
I'm a wee bit envious of Geelong, but rather than get twisted and bitter about it I'd prefer to focus on emulating what they've done in turning the fortunes of their club around, from an apparent rabble twelve months ago to potential premiers. Good on 'em!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
StSteven
Club Player

Yes it is hard to take as we should have been there now.

But I agree, good luck to them, they deserve it with their approach to solving last years slump.

Let's hope they smash those arrogant PA ^&$@'s

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

The only way I could stomach a Geelong flag was if Chapman did a hammy during the week and missed the game.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Disagree, whilst Geelong deserve to win based on their performance throughout the season, I want their premiership drought (which is longer than ours!) to continue.

If we have to suffer for 41 years, I want a few other teams to suffer as long or longer!

Yes, it's a nasty rationale!

But...I'm also not happy about Port winning a second flag already....but I see it as a lesser of two evils...

The Jeff
Club Player

I agree with Saintspremierss. This is especially the case given the rivalry between Saints and Geelong in recent years pertaining to who had the better list.

FQF
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Good luck to the Catters

If only Geelong missing out on a (deserved) flag was enough to make up for our disappointments then maybe I'd agree with those who want them to continue their drought.
The fact of the matter is that the reasons for our failures rest firmly in OUR court and no amount of voicing our dislike for other teams is going to alter that.
I believe that rather than bemoan Geelongs success, we need to look to Geelong as the benchmark for our own improvement (on-field and off)
The object of the exercise is to catch up with them and then OVERTAKE 'em!!
I've had my share of bad experiences down at kardinia park and SOME of their fans are feral..but there again being honest I really don't think they have a monopoly on that!
As I say, They've done well and deserve their spot. We now need to embark on the quest to grab ours!!!!

GO SAINTERS forever!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
The Jeff
Club Player

Re: Good luck to the Catters

thejiggingsaint wrote:If only Geelong missing out on a (deserved) flag was enough to make up for our disappointments then maybe I'd agree with those who want them to continue their drought.
The fact of the matter is that the reasons for our failures rest firmly in OUR court and no amount of voicing our dislike for other teams is going to alter that.
I believe that rather than bemoan Geelongs success, we need to look to Geelong as the benchmark for our own improvement (on-field and off)
I've had my share of bad experiences down at kardinia park and SOME of their fans are feral..but there again being honest I really don't think they have a monopoly on that!
As I say, They've done well and deserve their spot. We now need to embark on the quest to grab ours!!!!

GO SAINTERS forever!
Well written; however, the facts remain the same. I hate Geelong!

FQF
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

thejiggingsaint wrote:If only Geelong missing out on a (deserved) flag was enough to make up for our disappointments then maybe I'd agree with those who want them to continue their drought.

GO SAINTERS forever!
Well bloody said jiggster............

Nick_Dal_Santo = ChAmPiOn
Club Player

go Port! :oops:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Selhurst Saint wrote:The only way I could stomach a Geelong flag was if Chapman did a hammy during the week and missed the game.
concur.

Go Port.

“Yeah….nah””
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

A nice sentiment Jigster but then I think OF Sooky fish lips Thompson,Billy Bob Chapman,Cameron Loony...do I need to go on :roll:

Go Port :wink:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
plumtire
Club Player

Good luck to the Catters

P Chapmans words about having a better list have proved to be true. The cats are a great team this year and deserve to be where they are though this forum seems the wrong place to be pumping thier tyres up jigger!
you cant be that generous?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:I've a great many friends who follow the Cats
I've got no friends and don't like the cats so I don't care :evil: :wink: !!

StSteven
Club Player

GO SAINTERS forever!

Great attitude, we now have to replicate Cats resolve. Good luck to them. The driver is Cook and Costa who have supported the coach who they knew had the ability to take them to where they are.

Good luck Catters and we will catch you soon.

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

Can't support the Cats was even barracking for the pies last week (don't worry i had many showers to make myself feel clean.) Backed the power for the premiership a few weeks ago so financially i have an interest in the power winning hence my barracking for them on the weekend!

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Feel the Power! :wink:

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

plumtire wrote:P Chapmans words about having a better list have proved to be true. The cats are a great team this year and deserve to be where they are though this forum seems the wrong place to be pumping thier tyres up jigger!
What a load of aboslutel fricken frogsgyt.

Chapman said they were better than us - in the pre-season of 2004.

He was wrong.

If he said it in the pre-season of 2007, then he may have a strong case. But he didn't.

What f***** crap.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
plumtire wrote:P Chapmans words about having a better list have proved to be true. The cats are a great team this year and deserve to be where they are though this forum seems the wrong place to be pumping thier tyres up jigger!
What a load of aboslutel fricken frogsgyt.

Chapman said they were better than us - in the pre-season of 2004.

He was wrong.

If he said it in the pre-season of 2007, then he may have a strong case. But he didn't.

What f***** crap.
You forget that he said it during the week after being pumped by 10 goals in the WC GF... and a week before getting smashed by 6 in round 1...

plumtire
Club Player

Good luck to the Catters

Rodger and N1ck You can dress it up any way you like but Paul Chapman has been proved right ultimately. Their list has taken them to the verge of a flag, and they will win it, nothing surer.
BTW if you tell me you would not have Chapman in the saints side, then you are not being honest the guy is a gun! (and just what the saints could do with in the absence of hamill)

Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

Eastern wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:I've a great many friends who follow the Cats
I've got no friends and don't like the cats so I don't care :evil: :wink: !!
You haven't any friends Eastern? Why does this suprise me? :lol: :wink:

I went to the 1991 Elimination Final against the Ferrals & have hated them since. Thug Ablett & their supporters are the worst I have ever seen.
I have seen Port beat us down here year after year (until last year) but I would rather them win than Girlong. :evil: :evil:

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

plumtire wrote:Rodger and N1ck You can dress it up any way you like but Paul Chapman has been proved right ultimately. Their list has taken them to the verge of a flag, and they will win it, nothing surer.
BTW if you tell me you would not have Chapman in the saints side, then you are not being honest the guy is a gun! (and just what the saints could do with in the absence of hamill)
WTF????

Dress it up??

Dress f***** what up?

In the pre-season of 2004, after being beaten by us - Chapman said Geelong were better than us.

We then beat them by 10 goals the following week.

Now we fast forward 3 years to now, and you f***** saying Chapman was right????

We have an incredibly different team to what played in the pre-season of 2004.

What a f***** moronic thing to say 3 years down the track.

Fair dinkum.

I've never heard anything as f***** moronic and offensive in the years I've been on this site.

It's like us saying we think we're better than Brisbane in 2002, and now 5 years later we finished above them so we were right all along.

f*** me.

Saint 58
Club Player

Exactly rodgerfox, that was 3 years ago when Chapman opened his fat mouth.

and 3 years ago he was wrong, twice !!

Go Port, but only just.

What you do for others will define your life.
[Football isn't everything ... it's the ONLY thing]
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I hope they win, I couldn't stand seeing the Power win ...again! It's not going to be smooth sailing for them though. I don't think the Power will be a push-over, they are looking pretty strong. For the sake of Victorian Football....Go Cats!

That said, I do think the Power will win :lol: :lol:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
plumtire
Club Player

Good luck to the Catters

Rodger..calm down!!! No need for the abuse my friend. You disagree with me..fine. Just cut out the personal stuff eh?

plumtire
Club Player

Good luck to the Catters

saint58 and Rodger. If you go back to 04 and judge the season AS A WHOLE then Chapman was not all that far off. The Cats beat Saint Kilda at Skilled Stadium. Geelong finished in the top four (just ONE win behind the Saints) and, like the Saints, narrowly missed out in the PF. You can argue with me..but not history. Given that the cats have pretty much the same list as they did in 04 I would say that Chapman is not all that far away from the truth. Or as Jack Nicholson said; "you cant handle the truth!!"? :wink: