A message to Rod Butterrs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ashjam
Club Player

A message to Rod Butterrs

Rod

You made these comments on June 6 2007.

"There's plenty of activity going on in the background that is less than helpful to the St Kilda Football Club, way less than helpful. I'd say to Grant Thomas publicly 'mate, give us a break, you had your go, now move on and do it with grace please.'

Now the same applies to you.

6000 + members have already voted for you and your current board to leave the St.Kilda Football Club.

It is overwhelming and the votes are still pouring in.

Please consider your postion and leave now with your dignity in tact so we don't have to put the club through an EGM and we can be united to attract the Chris Judd's of this world.

You have done a lot of great things for St.Kilda but the time is nigh.

Please put the St.Kilda Football Club first and not your ego.

You are fighting a battle that is already lost.

Please consider your position quickly so we can move forward as one.

Strength Through Loyalty.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

mods
i understand the board challenge is an important issue but do we really need this poster coming in each day with their SFF advertising to what they never reply surely a pm from you guys letting the person know to post in one of the 4000 odd anti RB threads instead of makeing yet another one would be a preferance ?

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

RB is entitled to an election...

seriously abusing him here doesn't do anyone any favours.

we want a nice clean election.

i don't want st kilda to be a boys club for tossing around the club from mate to mate.

elections FTW IMO.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:mods
i understand the board challenge is an important issue but do we really need this poster coming in each day with their SFF advertising to what they never reply surely a pm from you guys letting the person know to post in one of the 4000 odd anti RB threads instead of makeing yet another one would be a preferance ?
this particular posters personal agenda, and the fact that they continue to post spam on this forum is embarrasing to this poster.

Let us make our own decision FFS

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Re: A message to Rod Butterrs

ashjam wrote:6000 + members have already voted for you and your current board to leave the St.Kilda Football Club.
Must have been a big proxy day yesterday.

Figure jumped from 5000 to 6000 in a day :wink:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

so be it, a landslide is a landslide, but i'd still like us to go through the process properly for once without shenanigans and backroom deals.

TBH the off field destracts from the on field.

we need to address what went wrong with out tactics and strategies, drilling our players etc etc.

frankly im thinking the voting is superfluous altogether.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Juggernaut
Club Player

I've got a message to Rod Butterss
Just give me something so that I can make a decision what is the current boards vision of the future?
I happy that we have made millions and are debt free but that is in the rear vision I want to know what is in front of us -their vision.
The elite training centre plan has collapsed no pun intended but the last words from RB was the current facility is not to bad, what is being done or what are they going to do ?
Sponsorship? Currently a complete shambles again give me something that helps me make a decision are they talking to potential sponsors
At the moment SFF are on the front foot with some information plus quite a bit of spin, with me they are starting to gain a bit of traction. from the current board zip on the future other than look at what we've done in the past
I also need to know what is the process of the EGM now that it has been brought forward I'm away OS for a week or so at that time. For my vote to be heard how can I vote? the only option I've got is to sign my proxy to SFF I don't have any option to give my Proxy to the current board if I want to vote that way.

The strength behind you is always greater than the challenge in front of you
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

My message:

Goodbye.

Don't let the door hit ya where the Good lord split ya! :wink:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:mods
Fair point...but we cant be here 24/7

ashjam...can you please post any furthe information in an existing thread..Im sure it will get read..

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Not hard to make a profit - just cut costs to match revenue and be conservative. What is hard is to increase revenue so that you can increase expenditure to enable real improvements in quality without going into debt. RB has had his time, just as it comes to everyone. He and a few other Board members should step aside and negotiate with the wanabees to ensure a smooth transfer and then get get behind a big money raising effort through increased sponsors and pressuring the AFL to give us more Sat night home games - like 16 and no more than three or four interstate games. If the AFL can help every other team to win a flag, they can help us.

The Peanut
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote:
ashjam wrote:6000 + members have already voted for you and your current board to leave the St.Kilda Football Club.

Yes 1000 proxy's per day is nothing to be sneezed at if what we are told is correct - and I trust Burkie - heard him quote 6000 on SEN today with my very own ears. :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:My message:

Goodbye.

Don't let the door hit ya where the Good lord split ya! :wink:

:wink: :wink: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

The Peanut wrote:
Joffa Burns wrote:

Yes 1000 proxy's per day is nothing to be sneezed at if what we are told is correct - and I trust Burkie - heard him quote 6000 on SEN today with my very own ears. :wink:

He'll have around 70000 by Christmas at this rate.

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

A massage to Rod Butterss.

The Peanut
Club Player

cowboy18 wrote:
The Peanut wrote:
Joffa Burns wrote:

He'll have around 70000 by Christmas at this rate.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote:A massage to Rod Butterss.

there are a few things fake in that picture....fake tan....fake smile...fake leopard skin......fake ..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

eyelashes?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:so be it, a landslide is a landslide, but i'd still like us to go through the process properly for once without shenanigans and backroom deals.

we need to address what went wrong with out tactics and strategies, drilling our players etc etc.

really Dan?

So you want OUR club to waste 100K on an EGM when it is about 90% definite that Rod is gone???

This is not a federal election type situation, it's a closed club where members only can vote.

Very, very different.

The process for a new ticket to spill the board has been undertaken, the proxies have spoken, and it's now time to put out the flame of one soon to be ex-president.

Dan - Can I please ask you this.....would you prefer this whole saga drag out until 23 October, and complete F*** up trade week for us, or are you happy for our club - YOUR club (as they say on Idol!!!) to be in limbo for another 5 weeks!

As ashjam has quite rightly stated, RB has done some great things for our club especially his formative years, and for that we should be eternally grateful for and acknowledge, but times change, and so do people!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:so be it, a landslide is a landslide, but i'd still like us to go through the process properly for once without shenanigans and backroom deals.

really Dan?

So you want OUR club to waste 100K on an EGM when it is about 90% definite that Rod is gone???

This is not a federal election type situation, it's a closed club where members only can vote.

Very, very different.

The process for a new ticket to spill the board has been undertaken, the proxies have spoken, and it's now time to put out the flame of one soon to be ex-president.

Dan - Can I please ask you this.....would you prefer this whole saga drag out until 23 October, and complete F*** up trade week for us, or are you happy for our club - YOUR club (as they say on Idol!!!) to be in limbo for another 5 weeks!

As ashjam has quite rightly stated, RB has done some great things for our club especially his formative years, and for that we should be eternally grateful for and acknowledge, but times change, and so do people!
So next year we dont make the finals and there is another challenger and he has more proxys the board just say it is your turn now and it goes on and on. As usual every Saints supporter blames everyone but the players.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

there are a few things fake in that picture....fake tan....fake smile...fake leopard skin......fake ..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
TIPS stinger? Fake tips in her hair?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Behind Play
Club Player

May be fake Joffa, but I love them. Must show the mrs. see if she can get a similar type.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Behind Play wrote:May be fake Joffa, but I love them. Must show the mrs. see if she can get a similar type.
Which one BP
Tan?
Leopard Skin?
Smile?
Eyelashes?
Tips?

Please let us know what she thinks? :)

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:
stinger wrote:

TIPS stinger? Fake tips in her hair?

the tips are probably real..........oh...you meant the tips of her hair????...nah they're fake ....

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote:

really Dan?

He's not 90% gone, 6000 is about 20%. While many will not vote, and the momentum is impressive, and it certainly the sentiment here that he's gone, you'd be disenfranchising 80% of Saints members to call it done now.

Yes, spend the 100k, 20% of members do not get to decide until the rest have a chance to show up.

I for one think getting this right is more important than anything that might or might not happen during trade week, which frankly should not hinge on the board moves anyway.

We're talking about a decision that should last for another 7-10 years, 5 Weeks is 1% of that, I'm willing to spend that time to ensure we make the right decision.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:
He's not 90% gone, 6000 is about 20%. While many will not vote, and the momentum is impressive, and it certainly the sentiment here that he's gone, you'd be disenfranchising 80% of Saints members to call it done now.

Yes, spend the 100k, 20% of members do not get to decide until the rest have a chance to show up.
21,000 voting members.

6000/21000*100 = 28.57% ...

Let's say 3000 people show no interest in voting ... that's probably about the right figure.

That's 6000/18000*100 = 33.33%

SFF already have a third of votes by my reckoning.

Butterss now has to produce more votes himself.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.