What do YOU want to know from Greg Westaway?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

What do YOU want to know from Greg Westaway?

As some of you would know, I have organised an interview with Mr Westaway, and HD and I will be heading over to HQ on Monday morning.

Transcript or Q&A will be posted soon after.

If you have anything you'd like to know about / from the SFF challengers, post it here and we will try to get it answered!

Serious questions only.

Over the next day or two I will sticky this thread, I'll leave it unstickied at the moment so people can notice it.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Most of the questions I would like toasked wont be answered due to sensitive nature but one.....

How long after EGM could it be possible major sponsers would be acquire and whats happening on the redevelopment front???

casey scorp
Club Player

Acknowledging the SFF's preference to redevelop at Moorabbin, will the new Board (assuming its election) also pursue other scenarios concurrently with reignition of discussions with Kingston Council?

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

No questions you haven't thought of - I'm sure they're fairly obvious ones to ask - but I'd like you to upload the transcript in mp3 format if you can.

From experience, I can tell you context will be absolutely essential, and for the benefit of other posters - particuarly those with critical bents of Mr Westaway - it's worth giving them the right to hear it in full context.

Perhaps the only questions I'd like you to ask are these...(I'm sure you've thought of them, but more how you frame and follow them up is of interest to me).

- What was the context of the question asked by Damian Barrett from the HS regarding the drugs? Did you raise the issue or did he?
- Have you witnessed any drug abuse by players, staff or board members at the club?
- Has the issue been accurately been reported by the media?
- The pressure for a detailed financial plan - read: how you're going to spend the money - is quite intense: will you be releasing a plan which details over exactly how much money is going into what, at what time it will be invested and when we can expect results?
- What's your view of the Steven Baker case? Would you have taken it a step further?
- Do you feel the club has been bogged down in a mess of corporate spin?
- What will you do to keep members informed of club developments and to make them feel a part of the club?

Don't be scared to ask him about being a supporter, either.

What are his favourite St Kilda moments? Players? Eras? Experiences? How did he start to follow the club? What does he think the club stands for? As supporters, have we previously tolerated mediocrity for too long?

(I only say the above because I don't really want a Clinton Casey - read: I don't care about the club - running the place.)

You'll have fun guys. He's a good talker, knows his stuff and won't be drawn into mud-slinging.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Davo027
Club Player

Please Note: This is a personal question NOT from the club.

Why call for an EGM when you can do the same at an AGM?

(I'm not right into what you can or can't do at AGM's so my question may be irrelevant)

As a St Kilda member I would be happy to know the answer.
Cheers

For more info www.saints.com.au

The above views are those of the author and not necessarily those of the clubs or the AFL.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

I can answer that Davo AGM is in janurary or feburary. Thats a long time.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

1. Has anyone from St Kilda Footy First spoken to Ross Lyon or the playing group about their challenge and its implications?

2. How long do you see yourself as President of the club, assuming your challenge is successful?

3. Will you attempt to diversify the club's revenue, and gain secure income from sources apart from football?

4. Do you envisage reviewing Ken Sheldon's position, and possibly appointing someone in his place?

5. What plans do you have in terms of improving the marketing aspect of the club - will you look at strengthening the club's marketing department? (This was an area of concern in 2007 for many)

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Davo027
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote
I can answer that Davo AGM is in janurary or feburary. Thats a long time.
Thanx ausfatcat - but I would still like my question asked - I believe the timing of the AGM is irrelevant.

Cheers

For more info www.saints.com.au

The above views are those of the author and not necessarily those of the clubs or the AFL.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

As growing revenue is a priority, does the FF Ticket lack Business Development skills and if so will a "Committee for St Kilda" be formed to help provide expertise from talented people who are too busy to act as Board Members?

What are the major differences that you will enact to support the Football Department?

Will Ross Lyon be allowed to run the coaching Department or will the Football Sub-committee seek to oversee his activities?

You have run on a platform of increased revenue to fund increased spend. Can you adavise what the minimum increased target spend per year will be?

How can a Tier One major sponsor be attracted to the Saints?

What new revenue streams will be created?

Will you lobby to have the Saints Away strip more recognisably a St Kilda Jumper rather than being a White Top?

In 2008 what is the number one think that you want to achieve by seasons end froma Board perspective (ie not a Premiership)?

Having Grant Thomas involved could rightly or wrongly see more turmoil at the Club. Can you advise, or not, that Grant will have no official involvement at least in 2008?

Increased player recruitment resources is part of your platform. What do you have in mind in this area?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Will you lobby to have the Saints Away strip more recognisably a St Kilda Jumper rather than being a White Top?

Liked that question especially SR... :wink: Hope he hates the white as much as I do :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
BakesFan
SS Life Member

1: Will you ensure every member has easy access to the Club's Constitution? eg. a simple PDF format download from the website.

2: Will you remove the ridiculous photo ban that is in place at Moorabbin? We interstate fans do like to see what's going on now and then.

3: Will you 'stand up' to the AFL when it's required?
'sirengate'
Collingwood's 'away' jumper vs Saints
Steven Baker's sentence!!

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Davo - i think u will find that at the AGM there would have been just 2 positions up for re-election (one of which was gdanski anyway) and so they could have only got 2 people onto the existing board. and they are not looking to join the existing Board and create a split in the Board. To create a spill of all positions and take over you need an EGM I believe.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 11:43am, edited 1 time in total.

SaintDippa
Club Player

Question. Can you please confirm without any reservation that Nathan Burke has no intention of ever coaching the St.Kilda Football Club.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

SaintDippa wrote:Question. Can you please confirm without any reservation that Nathan Burke has no intention of ever coaching the St.Kilda Football Club.
WTF!!!!! What sort of question is that?? :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
SaintDippa
Club Player

Whisper from the {gents} Club. Just like to hear it denied and have the response on record.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

1. Can you outline in some detail your plan to generate NEW revenue for the club to offset your spending on football?

2. Can you detail what level of spend in football dept you envisage?(an amount)

3. Are the so called "mystery" sponsors Tier 1 or milk bars?

4. Can you CONFIRM that Grant Thomas, Lindsay Fox will have NO involvement in a management sense or decision making sense with the St KFC.

5. Will you release - even broadly - a finacial intent/plan for the club for at least the next 3 yrs?

6. Is David Friend a likely return to the club under your tenure? Have we had discussions with him?

7. Marketing - what are your plans to take our brand into the future - away from the faded acid wash of away strip at present -

8. Can you guarantee Ross Lyon will have the necessary indepence from the NEW football sub commitee to implement his footballing philosophies?

“Yeah….nah””
casey scorp
Club Player

saint patrick wrote:
SaintDippa wrote:Question. Can you please confirm without any reservation that Nathan Burke has no intention of ever coaching the St.Kilda Football Club.
WTF!!!!! What sort of question is that?? :roll:
Just wants to ensure that it's not another Trojan Horse job like GT!
Last edited by casey scorp on Wed 19 Sep 2007 11:33pm, edited 1 time in total.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 11:43am, edited 1 time in total.

The Peanut
Club Player

Teflon wrote: . . . 3. Are the so called "mystery" sponsors Tier 1 or milk bars?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

1 more I thought of...

What timeframe has been given for Gregory's Transport to become a wholly owned subsidiary of Linfox.

Thanks.

“Yeah….nah””
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

whats SFF thoughts on the Moorabbin redevelopment and when can we expect to see some actual progress

will SFF have any direct involvement on the coaching side of things

will they retain the services of Archie Fraser

mischa
Club Player

Really the performance of the Kangaroos is the greatest indictment of the Butterss' administration. With a much worse draw (Canberra etc.) and a fair share of injury problems they have managed to make a preliminary final. They make us look foolish! Am pretty sure Westaway and his colleagues have their collective heads around the issues facing the club. Just a big Good luck from me :)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mischa wrote:Really the performance of the Kangaroos is the greatest indictment of the Butterss' administration. With a much worse draw (Canberra etc.) and a fair share of injury problems they have managed to make a preliminary final. They make us look foolish! Am pretty sure Westaway and his colleagues have their collective heads around the issues facing the club. Just a big Good luck from me :)
Not sure the administration have much to do with how we play and if the new group are going to be involved with that we are in real trouble.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Only 2 questions from me.

The first about financial details/plans has been well covered by other posters already

Question 2.
How and when did SFF get hold of my Memebership Details?
It would appear that Archie Fraser is not going to reply to my email request for that information so maybe Mr Westaway can definitively answer it?