We all have decisions to make.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

JeffDunne

joffaboy wrote:Go Saints. No paperbags this season hey? :wink:
lol

Maybe we could adopt this 'tradition' to send a message to the AFL?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Go Saints. No paperbags this season hey? :wink:
lol

Maybe we could adopt this 'tradition' to send a message to the AFL?
Well if they keep going the way they are it will get to two fans sitting in a sea of empty seats with brown paper bags over their heads.

For entirely different reasons I might add. it would be because they were embarrassed to be attending an AFL match.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

the way i see things is we can walk around doing the same old same old blaming the AFL for all our woes cry about conspirisys and agendas dimwit the evil of the earth , we can choose to fight the AFL blow vast ammounts of money take it to the highest courts and in the end still not be any better off for it

bakes got shafted its wrong its bad its sad but i realistic veiw of it is he has a history at the trybunal and with the carry over point if he was found guilty he was always gunna get hit hard it sucks but so does BJ being out for the season so does sammy not being able to play . the main concern of this team should be winning the game tonight and winning again the next week and again and again .

ppl want revenge for baker and are angry about this out come and i agree it is very annoying and does make my blood boil but at the end of the day us getting mad at the AFL is only going to alienate our club and make situations worse . for me i reckon we have our revenge by going out there and showing the rest of the world that when the saints get delt a blow we stand up stronger we will cheer louder and stick together . the sweetest revenge is for us to win the next 6 games straight then have bakes back for round 2 next year

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Solar
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:the way i see things is we can walk around doing the same old same old blaming the AFL for all our woes cry about conspirisys and agendas dimwit the evil of the earth , we can choose to fight the AFL blow vast ammounts of money take it to the highest courts and in the end still not be any better off for it

bakes got shafted its wrong its bad its sad but i realistic veiw of it is he has a history at the trybunal and with the carry over point if he was found guilty he was always gunna get hit hard it sucks but so does BJ being out for the season so does sammy not being able to play . the main concern of this team should be winning the game tonight and winning again the next week and again and again .

ppl want revenge for baker and are angry about this out come and i agree it is very annoying and does make my blood boil but at the end of the day us getting mad at the AFL is only going to alienate our club and make situations worse . for me i reckon we have our revenge by going out there and showing the rest of the world that when the saints get delt a blow we stand up stronger we will cheer louder and stick together . the sweetest revenge is for us to win the next 6 games straight then have bakes back for round 2 next year
agreed, lets pack out the dome tonight and the G next week and show the AFL what we are made of. Sure lets protest and make it clear that the tribunal was a farce but the best way to get back at EVERYONE is to smash them to smitherins!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

I'm amazed at the victim mentality... "the AFL can make life so difficult..." well, of course they can. If it's a serious concern though, it falls into school bully type category. Standing up and punching the bully in the nose once is a start. Then you look them in the eye every time they come near you.

Do we seriously think "whispers in the sky" was AFL official policy? Paranoia is rife. If we really do though, that's MORE reason to take on the AFL not less.

Personally, I want the Baker decision to be taken to court - mainly because I'm angry, I don't know if it's a good idea or not at this point, or if we'd have a good case. Upon further consideration, if there's a good case, the Saints would be duty bound to persue it, if it's not, then it's a waste of time and money. I'd at least expect a statement of explanation if the decision falls the latter way.

AFL payback should not enter the decision making process. If there's a subsequent fight, you fight the subsequent fight for as long as it takes to get respect - becase a subsequent fight would be a signal that you don't have it, and not having the respect of the AFL would be a bigger problem than one season's draw. The most powerful force in the AFL these days is the media - and there are plenty of St. Kilda people in the media.

This is not intended to rile people up, or to be a call to arms, but a reminder that it's never a bad policy to stand up for yourself.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

use this as a call to arms !!!!!
every single saints person use this to fuel your passion to cheer the boys home
its a much better option the chucking a sook "im never going to go to an afl game cause they are crooks and they dont like us "
FORTIUS QUO FIDELIUS !!!!! if the kick us down lets stand up taller !!!!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I'd love this case to go to court, but the timing IMO is critical.

If we lodge documents now (or say in the next week), the AFL will no doubt given past history shaft us with the 2008 draw - that is their major underhanded weapon of mass unfairness.

Can we lodge the appeal just after the draw for 2008 has been released?
- ie. in mid-October ish?? Or is there a time limit???

That way, they can't bend us over further.

Sure, it is after this season has finished, but realistically we are very unlikely to win the flag with or without Baker, so it would be a calculated risk worth taking.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
JeffDunne wrote: Blah blah babble about another set of easy beats!
Anyway casual friday. I am sitting here with my no.26 Deuce McAllister NO Saints jersey on.
Couldn't afford a Reggie Bush one?

Or just transferring that unhealthy thing you have for Dal to the NFL :lol:

PS I corrected young Deuce's name for you!

Kate
Club Player

The Saints can have my coin. The AFL can go jump.

I'm not buying their record anymore, in protest. :wink:

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Kate wrote:The Saints can have my coin. The AFL can go jump.

I'm not buying their record anymore, in protest. :wink:
what is this football record you speak of?

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
kaos theory
Club Player

Joffaboy -

You list a bunch of things where the club got screwed by the AFL...I agree with most of those, and they p!ssed me off too. But if I was a Roos, bulldog or demon supporter, i could probably list a whole lot more than that.

Even the 'big' clubs feel agrived....Listen to pies supports and they feel they have been screwed by the tribunal through decsions to rocca (in the final), Holland, etc... The blues feel they have been too harshly punished for their salary cap routing, etc...

Its an inexact science, there will always be poor decisions.....The only way the club can gain more favour is to win games & grow its supporter base....

And it has been working. We get more games in prime time, we don't play at carra or geelong's home ground anymore....

kalsaint
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
kaos theory wrote:Even though I agree we have been screwed, taking actions you suggest JB only hurt the club more.....I don't see the logic in that.

Maybe the AFL has taken a stand on blocking off the ball....and we are the unlucky example....They have done this before, not just to us, where they make a statement on an aspect to our game and some player cops a massive suspension that seems over the top.

I know you and many others are p!ssed off, but there are other melbourne clubs who have gotten a worse deal than us over the years....

We have a good chance to win a flag over the next few yrs, but we need our supporters to stick with the club.

We also need to leave the baker incident behind now. Its done. Court action will achieve nothing and cost a massive amount of money, and divert attention away from trying to win games and build the club.

Not doing it because I am pissed off. It is really just a combination of incompetence and corruption at the top level and the lily livered response from our club.

I'll give you a synopsis.

Lenny thrown into a fence by Scott, ball was dead, no need to do it. Lenny breaks his arm. Demetriou comes out on 3AW and says - oh he apologised - no case

Riewoldt -breaks his shoulder. Purposely bumped by two Brisbane players in the broken shoulder - no case to answer

Kosi - gets his skull fractured by a H&S - no case to answer

Luke Ball - gets his face smashed in by Whelan who stands in front and blocks Ball - no case to answer.

All of the above had video evidence. 3 of the above I considered not worthy of report, last two certainly accidental.

Now we have Baker with no video evidence - sent to the tribunal on a lying idiot waterboy and is suspended because Farmer ran into the back of him. And not just suspended but suspended for 7 weeks.

Now look at the suspensions we have had

Baker for 3 weeks for having a 110 kilo ape standing on his ankle and him trying to get him off.

Baker for "attempted" jumper punch when we see jumper punches connect every week

Frasier Gehrig for that tummy tap.

Now look at what WCE and Freo and Sydney get away with.

Barry Hall - video evidence of a strike gets off to play in a GF.

Kerr - punches Mitchell fair in the nuts, not once but twice - no case to answer - video evidence

Judd - eye gouges Brown - video evidence - gets off

Add to that whispers in the sky - Umpire Dick Head admits to a reporter that the umpiring was biased in his "now we know what a victory feels like" - Anderson tries to sweep it under the carpet until the furore is so great he has to investigates - and still sweeps it under the carpet

Sirengate - AFL changes the result of a game to favour the interstate team resulting in the Sainst missing the four and a shot at the flag.

I couldn't care less if my action hurts the club. How do I explain to my wife that I am spending $500 on something that even she can see is biased and corrupt and is fixed, and she doesn't even support football.

F*** the club, my family comes before them. I try to teach my children the meaning of integrity and self respect. In all good faith I cannot financially support an organisation that continues to display to me that it has none of either.

And anyway if my action hurts the club, they may get a message that the supporters, the lifeblood of the club, is what is important, and not arselicking Demetriou and the commission.

We lost 2000 members last year. Get ready for more to go next year. I will continue to be a member, but I will pay the barest minimum next season and use the $500 for other more fulfilling entertainment for me and my kids.
I totally agree with you Joffa, although being an interstater I have a lesser financial effort on the club by pulling my memebership.

I once again have implored our corporate leaders to be just that Leaders and take this to another level, for much the same reasons you have documented here.

I dont believe this about Baker anymore, its about the very fabric that holds our great game together.

As someone said earlier in this post, this organisation is white anting all the values the AFL used to have,to ensure they "do the right thing" in regards to off-ball situations.

Remember leaders, there are many attributes to leadership other than just doing the right thing at all cost.
Chose any from the following list and I am sure you will reach the right conclusion for this occurrence:
Trust, Listen, Act (on fact not whims), walk the talk, proactive problem solving, displaying vision, establish goals, motivating, doing the right thing personnally, being innovative, providing communication and lastly showing you care about standards and our game in general.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
JeffDunne

cowboy18 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
JeffDunne wrote: Blah blah babble about another set of easy beats!
Anyway casual friday. I am sitting here with my no.26 Deuce McAllister NO Saints jersey on.
Couldn't afford a Reggie Bush one?

Pffft . . . "easy beats". :evil:

Them's fighting words.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote: Couldn't afford a Reggie Bush one?

pfft - Reggie Bush - blow in :wink:

No.25 is for bandwagoners :D

And my jersey was made in El Salvadore and thats how they spiel it there :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
The Peanut
Club Player

Apparently Ken Sheldon was given total control of the representation by the Board and it was proven to be incompetent and overall a major blunder. Some say Ken Sheldon is a nice bloke but is the job too big for him?

In hindsight Rod Butterss did not demonstrate enough anger and exasperation after the hearing last night to keep me happy, he was just disappointed. Most of the St Kilda supporters are much more than 'just disappointed'.

Please don't tear up your memberships - vent your anger by sending letters to the Board and wait till the end of the season and have a good look at the overall ticket that is planning to challenge RB & Co. If the 'new ticket' can demonstrate that they can take this club to the next step - lets put our efforts into supporting them.

Rod Butterss seems to be a control freak and Bakes pathetic representation was yet another joke that we are forced to endure. We have got this far - lets take the club to where we know it can go.

Lets all go to the footy tonight and vent our anger in the best way we individually and as a group know how.

Edit: Spellcheck
Last edited by The Peanut on Fri 24 Aug 2007 2:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The Peanut wrote:Apparently Ken Seldon was given total control of the representation by the Board and it was proven to be incompetant and overall a major blunder. Some say Ken Sheldon is a nice bloke but is the job too big for him?

In hindsight Rod Butterss did not demonstrate enough anger and exasperation after the hearing last night to keep me happy, he was just dissappointed. Most of the St Kilda supporters are much more than 'just dissappointed'.

Please don't tear up your memberships - vent your anger by sending letters to the Board and wait till the end of the season and have a good look at the overall ticket that is planning to challenge RB & Co. If the 'new ticket' can demonstrate that they can take this club to the next step - lets put our efforts into supporting them.

Rod Butterss seems to be a control freak and Bakes pathetic representation was yet another joke that we are forced to endure.

We have got this far - lets take the club to where we know it can go.

Lets all go to the footy tonight and vent our anger in the best way we individually and as a group know how.
well said..

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
megs4#31
Club Player

i live interstate and have kept both my reserve and SC membership at my parents house. I dislike the AFL so much this year and i will still renew my membership, not just too support the club i love but too know i can turn up and yell my head off at every game if i want to.
The less supporters in membership they have the less the boys get in ways of training standards and opportunities. if we aren't going to take handouts for the AFL meanies then we need to ensure the club gets what they need.

CREAM THE EAGLES!!!! love to see the boys at work faces when we do :P
got a good gut feeling about it thats 4 sure

Go saints, 2009 is our year!
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Wouldn't it make more sense to chuck out the administration rather than help kill the club?

The St Kilda Football Club is NOT Rod Butterss and his cohorts.

He has farked this club around with his bullshiit driven personal agenda.

He'd prefer to give a weekly blowjob to AFL commissioners rather than take the time to communicate with members. Wonder why?

Last night he should have been breathing fire. Funny he can stick to his "no comment" line so he doesn't embarrass the AFL, but couldn't give two hoots about embarrassing this football club.

GT might have his detractors but he was at least prepared to fight for the club and his players. This soft c**k wouldn't even front someone he thought was white-anting the club because he was scared of getting hurt.

Members shouldn't abandon the club - they should re-claim it.
The Peanut wrote:Apparently Ken Sheldon was given total control of the representation by the Board and it was proven to be incompetent and overall a major blunder. Some say Ken Sheldon is a nice bloke but is the job too big for him?

In hindsight Rod Butterss did not demonstrate enough anger and exasperation after the hearing last night to keep me happy, he was just disappointed. Most of the St Kilda supporters are much more than 'just disappointed'.

Rod Butterss seems to be a control freak and Bakes pathetic representation was yet another joke that we are forced to endure. We have got this far - lets take the club to where we know it can go.

Everybody who is a paid up member of the St Kilda FC should read those posts.

I can't wait to see who's on the new ticket, but they better have the right stuff. No more of this ego-driven corporate spin.

We need people with a winning mentality, who know what it takes to drive this club forward.

This club is facing an extremely critical juncture and we can't afford to make a mistake.
Last edited by evertonfc on Fri 24 Aug 2007 2:37pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Kate
Club Player

I liked that passage from "The Club" too.

ctqs
Club Player

Kate wrote:
I liked that passage from "The Club" too.
Yeah, but do you remember the following line? It' something like: "Yeah well I didn't get the 100 years of history and tradition, I just got Jock, Ted and Jerry"
I love that show.
FWIW ... I've also been thinking hard about not renewing by reserved seat and social club membership and just going back to the basic package. I'm really disenchanted about a lot of things, and this is just another one. I could, and probably should, give that money to a charity and at least feel good about it, instead of paying hundreds of dollars a year to be disappointed, angered, let down, frustrated, not cared about.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

The whole saga certainly makes you rethink the blind support you offer the club. There's nothing easy about following the saints and for all the promises and hopes, there isn't much in the way of bragging rights. I'm frustrated as hell about our lack of success this year and my perceptions on the Baker drama played out.

But then I think of how much it means to me. I imagine I'll follow up with my SC "charity" and memberships for my 3 boys because it gives me a chance once or twice a year to have a moments like the one a few weeks ago.

Sitting at the Punt Rd end just undercover with a misty rain in barely 10 degrees to watch the saints throw away a game against Collingwood with 63000 other deluded fools doesn't sound like the things memories are made of. But it was the day my oldest became a diehard saint and it was #2's first game and I can't imagine any other game or team giving me the same connection. No chance for me to change now!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote: Sitting at the Punt Rd end just undercover with a misty rain in barely 10 degrees to watch the saints throw away a game against Collingwood with 63000 other deluded fools doesn't sound like the things memories are made of. But it was the day my oldest became a diehard saint and it was #2's first game and I can't imagine any other game or team giving me the same connection. No chance for me to change now!
yeah yeah, I've got a great Wrestlemania DVD that might interest you. Has as much credibility as the corrupt fixed AFL does nowdays.

At least with the WWE there is lots of action, not like the chip chip snooze snooze BS that is now AFL at the highest level.

And we know the admin is corrupt and has an agenda and the referees are blind and useless. The WWE is overt about it. A least it is truthful, the AFL take us all for idiots by pretending it is a fair dinkum "competition" :roll:

Lance or James??

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
cowboy18 wrote: Sitting at the Punt Rd end just undercover with a misty rain in barely 10 degrees to watch the saints throw away a game against Collingwood with 63000 other deluded fools doesn't sound like the things memories are made of. But it was the day my oldest became a diehard saint and it was #2's first game and I can't imagine any other game or team giving me the same connection. No chance for me to change now!
yeah yeah, I've got a great Wrestlemania DVD that might interest you. Has as much credibility as the corrupt fixed AFL does nowdays.

At least with the WWE there is lots of action, not like the chip chip snooze snooze BS that is now AFL at the highest level.

And we know the admin is corrupt and has an agenda and the referees are blind and useless. The WWE is overt about it. A least it is truthful, the AFL take us all for idiots by pretending it is a fair dinkum "competition" :roll:
So reading between the lines, you're saying that if RB's idea to get mood lighting, more music and an entertainment theme back to AFL gets up you'll resubscribe? :wink:

Corruption, inequity and cynical spins eem to be part of modern life (government, sport, entertainment, media, academia etc.) - I guess it's all got a Dr Strangelove feel to it now.

And I pray no one ever dreams up "tempo wrestling",

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

evertonfc wrote:We need people with a winning mentality, who know what it takes to drive this club forward.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny stuff

We havent had anyone since the inception of the VFL.

Winning mentality

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funniest thing I've ever read!

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote:

And I pray no one ever dreams up "tempo wrestling",

too late, its called rugby

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!