Harvey

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

drop harvey for the next two games !!!
are you on drugs ?!????

lets drop a 350 game legens with two brownlows for a kid who hasnt proved his worth in the scorps let alone the saints !!!
the season isnot over its not time to tank !!!
bangers is an auto select each and every week !!

armo has many years to get a game and show his worth lets not change for the sake of change !!!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

I mean two bad games FFS he was having a great season before those games omg dropping a 350 game player for having two bad games!!!! Almost as stupid as anther thread where some said to delist armo, after one year. Lets delist Goddard for doing his knee which was a piss poor effort on his behalf.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i know sack the lot !!! :roll:
start fresh with new 22 players ?!?!? :roll:
we could have a weekly raffle to see who is selected in the team and let everyone have an even ammout of games each year ?? :roll: :roll: :roll:

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
HarveysDeciple

Lets not forget 3 weeks ago he was a smoky for the Brownlow.....

He will bounce back.

The Jeff
Club Player

sunsaint wrote:On behalf of the rest of the Sunshine Coast Saints supporters I apologise for Hammill01's comments re Harvey. It was a 26c+ sunny day yesterday, and there may be a slight case of sunstroke affecting judgement.
Time will never pass Harvey by, we will continue to name him and carry him over the line till HE holds that cup up in September. Period.
Thank you for your representative voice.

I echo your sentiments.

FQF
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

More than likely I'd suggest he is starting to feel the effect of the workload he has carried in the midfield this season.

At 35 years of age he should be a permanent forward with bursts in the midfield or running off the bench.

The fact that our prime midfielders apart from Joey have been below their best (Ball & Dal) and Lenny has returned from a reco has meant that Harvey has spent more time in the midfield than he should have and in the early rounds carried the load.

If used correctly there is reason he can not be effective in a variety of roles.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

also we were marvelling at how much extra time he was spending on the ground this year compared to last year.

perhaps despite his brilliant early season form, he should have been marshalled a bit more?

i guess when u have a guy capable of getting 30 possessions in 75% game time, the temptation to leave him on a bit longer is irriristable.

As for form, I think its a reflection on how the team is playing as a whole and vast periods of teh game its rubbish.

harvey is gold, and form is temporary, class is forever.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Brewer
Club Player

Am I the only person who hates the idea of players 'going out on a high'?

It suggests that it is more important for a player to serve their ego, and quit while they still have potential to offer rather than give everything and quit when they are truly a spent force.

I'd hate to think that Harvey might play in a great win and decide to call it quits so he can go out on a high. But if that was the case, surely he would have announced his retirement after his 350th.

Harvey is still a key player for us, hopefully he knows that, and hopefully he'll continue to make himself available for as long as he can put in. He will forever be a legend of the club and the game, I'd hate to see a superficial idea like 'quitting while ahead' rob us of such a valuable player while we still need him.

The only 'high' worth going out on in this game is a flag.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
loriswa
Club Player

Poor management of Harves this year compared to last couple of years. He now spends 95-98 minutes on field this season...far too much game time for his body/age and role he plays...... especially with our chipolatta game plan where our players are often running backwards, sideways, inside out/outside in....before making any advance forward. Harves being a link person has to cover more ground than wih a direct style of play. He has been used like a Clydesdale workhorse in too many games IMO... not used like the thoroughbred he is.

Humbug I say... that this amount of game time was forced on RL because of injuries to others earlier in the season.... IMHO it's just poor management of his game time and lack of faith by coaching team to use other players in different roles earlier in year or to put the blowtorch on some of his teammates to do the grunt work for a change. Lack of vision in the use of our champion over the season..... he deserves better, it's sad to see him running tired, we need Harves fresh if we have any chance to make the 8 :cry: :cry: :cry:

But don't write him off..... I'm sure he'll dig down deep and pull out a few solid games in the near future. Where, he will do some of those 'special Harvey things'. And we will all quietly smile to ourselves and sigh as we say to the supporter sitting next to us...... "that's just typically Harves aren't we blessed to have him playing for us" :lol:

Saints43
Club Player

I reckon he is dispirited because he realises the current bunch aren't much chop.
I'm glad he didn't retire 19 years ago...