Sorry couldn’t watch

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saints66
Club Player

Sorry couldn’t watch

A very disappointing performance,I wanted to leave at quarter time couldn’t see a effort or a turn around Brad Hill, Rohan Marshal tried Waganeen had patches but I couldn’t watch stayed to just before 3/4 time I wasn’t the only one walking out the door wouldn’t have been surprised to see a few players and coaches too!

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sorry couldn’t watch

Plenty of disappointed, dejected, and angry sainters out there. You're not alone.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I would of left as well..sends a message

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

It's hard to think of a game in recent times where I've been more disgusted with the lack of effort.
I left 10 minutes into the 3rd quarter - and I was not alone.
I would have left at half time, but I was hoping to see a response after the break...Maybe the aliens would arrive again. But, no.

Every week we see opposition half-backs and key defenders doing what they please.
Caminiti is not up to AFL standard at the moment. Gets under the ball too often and is out marked too often. If he can't mark it, bring it to ground.
Membrey was barely sighted last night...Three goals when the game is over means nothing to me.

We've honestly been papering the cracks for a while now.
Our forward line is dysfunctional and our midfield can't connect with it. To top it off last night, our back line was overwhelmed with the ridiculous ease the Dogs were able to deliver the ball inside 50.

-75 in possessions (that's like having an extra 3 midfielders on the gound)...and we went at under 70% effeciency when we had it. They went at nearly 80!
We averaged 11 inside 50's/quarter...Not enough to kick a winning score.
-13 frees (theirs were there, but the umpires clearly didn't want to pay many to us)...Made no difference to the result.
-7 centre clearances...Surprised it was that close, but I suspect they scored from most of them.
-74 marks...I mean WTF! I guess it stands to reason with the disposal effeciency.
-12 tackles...and we only had 50. When you're -75 in possessions, you should be positive in the tackles, right? How can team have the ball as much as the Dogs did and still lead the tackle count.

We won't beat Port next week because we never do, but I need to see a response, otherwise North are going to make us look silly the week after. And if that happens, then I've potentially wasted my last dollar on this club.

shrodes
SS Life Member

Life Long Saint wrote: Fri 19 Apr 2024 10:25am It's hard to think of a game in recent times where I've been more disgusted with the lack of effort.
I left 10 minutes into the 3rd quarter - and I was not alone.
I would have left at half time, but I was hoping to see a response after the break...Maybe the aliens would arrive again. But, no.
Yeah same here. In hindsight really should have left earlier. Was definitely one of the worst games I've been to, I was ropeable in the first half
Last edited by shrodes on Fri 19 Apr 2024 12:34pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

There would've been lucky to be 1,000 Saints fans left at the final siren.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote: Fri 19 Apr 2024 12:01pm There would've been lucky to be 1,000 Saints fans left at the final siren.
LOL - Matt Finnis was not amongst them!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
loris
Saintsational Legend

And to rub it in. Chanel7 showed Jarryn Geary standing in the Footscray coaches box at the end of the game.😥
We could have done with some of his never-give-in spirit.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote: Fri 19 Apr 2024 1:05pm And to rub it in. Chanel7 showed Jarryn Geary standing in the Footscray coaches box at the end of the game.😥
We could have done with some of his never-give-in spirit.
The way we used the ball last night, he was there in spirit!

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote: Fri 19 Apr 2024 12:01pm There would've been lucky to be 1,000 Saints fans left at the final siren.
I was one of 'em. :(

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I'm not angry. This was expected. We have a young squad.

I didn't go last night expecting us to win. I went to support the club. I've been supporting them for 50 years and I've been a member for 25 years

I stayed until the end, even though many around us were leaving. My son wanted to leave at 3 quarter time. I told him we're staying to support the players.

After the Hannebery debacle and the wasted years under Richo we had to bite the bullet. We couldn't keep trying to top up with recycled rejects and players like Zak Jones, Shaun McKernan, Sam Rowe and James Frawley.

We had to hit the draft and get a core of youth to rebuild the side. There's no short cuts and no easy way

This is what happens when you do things correctly. The only way we're going to become a top 4 contender is if we make these sacrifices.

SaintWiki
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Fri 19 Apr 2024 3:46pm I'm not angry. This was expected. We have a young squad.

I didn't go last night expecting us to win. I went to support the club. I've been supporting them for 50 years and I've been a member for 25 years

I stayed until the end, even though many around us were leaving. My son wanted to leave at 3 quarter time. I told him we're staying to support the players.

After the Hannebery debacle and the wasted years under Richo we had to bite the bullet. We couldn't keep trying to top up with recycled rejects and players like Zak Jones, Shaun McKernan, Sam Rowe and James Frawley.

We had to hit the draft and get a core of youth to rebuild the side. There's no short cuts and no easy way

This is what happens when you do things correctly. The only way we're going to become a top 4 contender is if we make these sacrifices.
Some of us have not been expecting much more than the situation we now have, especially after originally digesting the fixture, then our injuries and followed by recent comprehension of the obvious fatigue factor from of the last three matches.

I am thousands of miles away from Marvel and when I saw Saints supporters walking out of the stadium I wasn't surprised, as I doubt whether I would have had enough inner strength to stay right to the very end as well and I really felt sorry for for our team members and coaches who had no way of dodging the piercing bullets, both inside and out.

I am still not predicting that we get into the eight at this stage but feel we can only go up hill from here. One thing is we are sure to excel the position that the cheap suit commentators and the many so-called supporters are regurgitating today. Most of the hot air is bulls*** and the exhaling of enormous frustration and disappointment.

Go Saints, I still have faith. No team can be successful without a lot of hard work, years of development and a lot of luck ... and unfortunately a great amount of pain.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Thursday night. People have work the next day and they're not going to hang around to watch that. After halftime I went to the bar and watched from there, but really it was just a distraction in the background as I caught up with mates I hadn't seen in a long time. Was a miserable effort and I couldn't tell you who did what in the second half.