Could we get a selection surprise this week?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintWiki
Club Player

Re: Could we get a selection surprise this week?

DJ Higgins wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2024 4:41pm What ever we choose to do I hope cooper and Owens get to play one role for the whole game. They seem to be used as hacking all trades but aren’t mastering any like last year re Owens.

Also Sinclair needs to grow his mullet back asap as he is so far off his previous years form
He's working his way back - nevertheless, I really miss seeing his magic at breakneck speed with his mullet flying behind him.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2024 12:53pm
Vortex wrote: Tue 16 Apr 2024 1:33pm
bigcarl wrote: Tue 16 Apr 2024 12:15pm
Vortex wrote: Tue 16 Apr 2024 10:24am Would it be a surprise if we get some AFL capable experienced mature and match hardened bodies into the side?
I agree, if it’s to be other than a development year. But who is available? Howard is down as test.

Others - Crouch, Wood, Dow, Henry - are weeks to months away. We’re just going to have to make the best of what we can put out there.
It’s frustrating isn’t it, just for once I’d love for us to have some bloody luck on the injury front. Just hopefully there’s a positive out of it with regards to uncovering some more potential players that can go 12 rounds in the ring.
SAINTS’ WAITING GAME BEFORE SEEKING MORE TALENT
Josh Barnes, herldsun.com.au

St Kilda will wait to determine how far off premiership contention it is this year before opening the chequebook to use its vast cap space.

It comes as club president Andrew Bassat continues to preach patience with fans.

The 2-3 Saints could easily have a better ladder position, given losses to Geelong (eight points), Essendon (four points) and the GWS Giants (one point), around narrow wins over Collingwood and Richmond.

Coach Ross Lyon and Bassat have constantly committed to not taking shortcuts on the way to becoming a regular top-four side.

In a letter to St Kilda members on Tuesday, Bassat wrote that the club’s long-term plan would “remain grounded”, despite a surprise finals appearance last year, and the club wanted to walk the tightrope of winning while blooding youth.
I really hope Bassett and Lyon can be given the time to stay committed to the long game as I think it's our best chance of building a strong list which is going to be vitally important with Tamania coming in so best we keep going to the draft until then and then use FA after that.

I don't think we've seen anything yet with regards to AFL draft concessions as Tasmania's concessions will make GWS and GCS concessions COMBINED over the past 15 years look like chump change due to Tasmain being a small population and a climate where very few players will want to live so the concessions will have to be massive and be given for decades to come. No one will want to move there to play so it's going to be a never ending basket case. At least GWS and the GC has a climate that offers some incentive.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

I want to win - as many games as possible

StPeter
Club Player

Jones in and King out.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2024 6:57pm I want to win - as many games as possible
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: