Changes for next week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

nobhead
Club Player

Re: Changes for next week

Schoenmaker is the only one that really deserves a call up based on last weeks sandy game butler and camminiti did sfa.unfortunately he's not really what we need this weekend .maybe garcia can come in and play that pressure fwd .

older saint
SS Life Member

OUT: King , Wood, Henry
IN Jones (to 22) Butler, Shoenmaker ( and Cordy plays forward) or Camminiti, Sub either Hastie or Collard.

Sanctorum
Club Player

Caminiti for King
Butler for Henry
Schoenmaker for Wood

I'm not suggesting The Shoe is a 'like for like' with Wood as a wingman but rather that he'll be in the mix to play in defence instead of Cordy.

Jones to remain sub, not sure he is ready to play 120 minutes yet but can come on in 2nd half to add impact....

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Wed 27 Mar 2024 10:52am Caminiti for King
Butler for Henry
Schoenmaker for Wood

I'm not suggesting The Shoe is a 'like for like' with Wood as a wingman but rather that he'll be in the mix to play in defence instead of Cordy.

Jones to remain sub, not sure he is ready to play 120 minutes yet but can come on in 2nd half to add impact....
Just a whole lot of nope about Caminiti for me.
We desparately need support for Marshall - especially against Draper and Goldy this week. I really don't like seeing Owens in the ruck...We will need him in the middle, though.
I am suggesting that Campbell comes in and Marshall plays a high CHF role and Membrey goes deeper. TC gets hit-outs and clearances.
Caminiti was played too early last season - out of necessity with all other KPFs out. But he is simply not good enough to play at the level at this stage.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Caminiti for King is sensible

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Out: King, Henry, Wood
In: Caminiti, Jones, Schoenmaker

Bonner to the wing.
Butler to Sub.

Saints58
Club Player

I am thinking a bit different to most people going by Sandy game and who has played well in the lead up games.

Out King in Keeler he is playing as Defender right now and did really well for sandy with 16 disposals 11 kicks 5 handballs 6 marks 2 tackles he is really a forward/Ruck and played in that position last season and would give a chop out to Row maybe 15-20% of time, and has speed and is now at least 200cm he has grown.

Out wood- Schoenmaker in as a forward or defender and he did play forward for the Allies in State carnival and kicked 2.3 we have options then of even moving Cordy forward if Schoenmaker plays back flexibility dominated the Sandy game I saw how he and Keeler read the play well.

Out Henry- Butler/Garcia in ads speed and goal smarts to the team having butler in gives a bit of experience as well.
Play Wilson on the wing Keeler/Schoenmaker Forwards with Membery and sharman the with smalls around them.
Last edited by Saints58 on Wed 27 Mar 2024 9:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

I don't disagree, but keeping development at the front I can't see us putting players in roles they aren't developing into.

StPeter
Club Player

Announced on afternoon news that Caminiti and Butler are in.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote: Wed 27 Mar 2024 9:20am OUT: King , Wood, Henry
IN Jones (to 22) Butler, Shoenmaker ( and Cordy plays forward) or Camminiti, Sub either Hastie or Collard.
fair enough

avid
Club Player

I didn't see the first half of Sandy v Coll, but in the second half the outstanding efforts came from Campbell (throughout) and Hastie (in several brilliant flashes).
Schoenmaker did most of his good work in the first half, apparently.
Butler, Caminiti, etc, did virtually nothing in the 2nd.

So Butler and Caminiti come in. Makes total sense on paper, but their performances worry me. Perhaps they're both 'big occasion players' that switch on in higher company. I'll enjoy watching them do just that.

It's probably stupid to think of Marshall going forward (or CHF) when he's the central pillar of the team as a follower. But I'd like to see -- just for once -- how a Campbell-Marshall team up might work..

I would love to see Schoenmaker -- or Hastie -- in as sub.

avid
Club Player

I'm happy with Hastie!