Team structure was warped IMO

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Team structure was warped IMO

Sanctorum wrote: Sun 17 Mar 2024 12:09pm St Kilda's defence was uncharacteristically beaten in the first half last night and as I see it that was due to the absence of Jack Sinclair.

Zaine Cordy (8 possessions, 2 marks) had no impact and while his experience placed him ahead, I thought Arie Schoenmaker, following his 11 marks 2 weeks ago, would have been done a better job.

There were a few players who appeared to be a bit down on form, especially Brad Hill who had just 12 disposals, Crouch 15, Owens 11, Phillipou 12, Ross 10.

When you have your 'on ball' running players getting so few touches it's a wonder the Saints were still in the game right to the very end.

Apart from Tim Membrey (so good to see him do well!) the forward line lacked cohesion. Max King had a shocker making some really poor decisions and Higgins still has the yips, really frustrating to watch.

Cooper Sharman did quite well with 14 possessions including 6 marks (the same as Marshall) and showed by taking a strong grab in the goalmouth in the last quarter why he should play as key forward with King and Membrey.

St Kilda showed some promising signs in the second half that they can really turn it on when push comes to shove and with some tweaking in the game plan they have the talent to beat any team - but not quite yet on Kardinia Park!

I doubt the selectors will be making many unforced changes for the next game against Collingwood.

Schoenmaker to come in for Cordy, Sinclair if he's fit for Ross, otherwise Jones, that's all.....
Yep, it proves once again that Sharman is a valued member of the side

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Cordy was excellent

Sharman was putrid

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Sun 17 Mar 2024 2:23pm Cordy was excellent

Sharman was putrid
14 possessions with 6 marks is putrid ?

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Sun 17 Mar 2024 12:09pm
Zaine Cordy (8 possessions, 2 marks) had no impact and while his experience placed him ahead, I thought Arie Schoenmaker, following his 11 marks 2 weeks ago, would have been done a better job.
I'm no huge fan of Cordy but his job was to keep Hawkins (9 disposals, 3 marks, 1 goal, 1 behind) quiet and he did that effectively. Arie on Hawkins would've been a Zac Dawson on Rocca incident.